+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2017 Citizenship Applicants - (pre C6 rule)

DON2

Jan 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any idea what’s the waiting time between decision made and oath ceremony in Vancouver? My kid n I applied together. While I took the oath yesterday, my kid who is a student asked to move test location from Calgary to Vancouver. The test was finally completed with a score of 19/20 on dec 6, DM on ecas today. Kid can’t travel out of Canada because pr card expired in November, refused to apply in September since the Citi appln was clipping along. The processing time just upped to 70 days. :-(((
I believe anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months could be longer too. For me more then 1 and half month now and no oath yet.

Reactions: yycvr17

iama

Jun 1, 2017
my ecase status had been changed to DM around 10 days back. I checked it again today and now its "in process". has anyone heard this before? Kinda curious!

zeeshee

Jan 22, 2010
NOC Code......
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
Folks
When you go for test do you take all your expired passports as well or only the ones that were used after you became a PR?

sogood

Star Member
Jan 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
27-03-2012
Med's Done....
19-04-2012
Passport Req..
22-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2013
LANDED..........
29-03-2013

DON2

Jan 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
my ecase status had been changed to DM around 10 days back. I checked it again today and now its "in process". has anyone heard this before? Kinda curious!
Yes I saw something posted by someone else in another thread. Just a guess something came up in your file so they are reviewing it. Just a guess I am not sure. Give IRCC A call they may shed some light.

Reactions: iama

Ava449

Jul 24, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
It happened to me but I had a decision made for 2 months and it changed to in process.. they sent me CIT0520 twice asking for specific documents..but each case is different.. till now I don't know why..but after sending the required documents I got invited to the Oath Ceremony.. but each case is different ..so this is my experience .....

iama

Jun 1, 2017
It happened to me but I had a decision made for 2 months and it changed to in process.. they sent me CIT0520 twice asking for specific documents..but each case is different.. till now I don't know why..but after sending the required documents I got invited to the Oath Ceremony.. but each case is different ..so this is my experience .....
Thanks

mahsak2003

Jul 17, 2015
Good Morning All,
I appreciate if you could help me on how to contact CIC call center. I dialed 888-424-2100 and tried almost all options to talk to an agent. but it never direct me to any agent. previously I tried this number and I could talk to an agent.
beside that, is there any phone number for st-Claire office?

Thank you

meyakanor

Jul 26, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
Med's Request
21-03-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Several people also had their Decision Made status changed to In Process, even after they have received oath invitation.

In such cases, IRCC would give them a call, notifying them that their oath invite has been cancelled due to some background screening. Shortly after, their online status no longer says Decision Made, as the status has reverted back to In Process.

The oath invite cancellation happens mostly for applications processed by the Scarborough office though. There might be some seemingly adverse background information that has affected several applicants in the GTA.

kbanatwala

Jan 17, 2014
Thanks everybody as we approach to end of our application - a tiring process but with a rewarding outcome.
Our oath is scheduled for 19th and the ECAS reads like ;
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 28, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 1, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on August 14, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on September 29, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 20, 2017 at 12:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on November 27, 2017 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on December 19, 2017 at 12:30 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
My best wishes for all waiting for next steps in their applications.
Cheers
Congratulations !!!!

kbanatwala

Jan 17, 2014
Hello to all fellow posters of this thread:
Took my oath yesterday morning! Simple and elegant ceremony. Less than 100 oath takers, all who did their test on October 23 morning & afternoon.
Already ecas updated to complete.
Moderator: Please update on spreadsheet.

A question on the Next step:
Can I apply for passport on Monday itself? It Tuesday? They said wait two business days = Wednesday.
Has anyone done this before?
I was stumped by the requirement for a guarantor and two references. I asked friends who agreed. But why? Wasn’t the vetting thorough enough every step of the way?? I just surprised and all.
Congratulations!!!!

Reactions: yycvr17

kbanatwala

Jan 17, 2014
Hello all,
Did my test interview on the 6 th of Dec in Montreal,in La Plaza
We where 120 pepole, the test was so easy almost silly, scored 20/20
The interview took 5 to 10 minites
The officer ran over my passport stamps ( didn’t ask me for the translations of the arabic ones) although i had them with me asked couple of questions, none where hard or tricky
At the end she told me if all checks came back clear, i will be receiving the oath letter in 2 to 4 months.
This moring (Sat,10th) my ECAS changed to Dession Made
One thing is for sure Montreal office is backed up in proccessing applicants
Please update the spreadsheet and goodluck for everyone hope you will hear goodnews before year end
Congrats!!!! Hope u get the Oath invite soon.!!!