+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2017 Citizenship Applicants - (pre C6 rule)

seth2015

Jun 3, 2015
Got the invite in an email yesterday for Oath ceremony on 20th Dec.
Today morning the ECAS was also updated. Not sure if I will receive something in the mail as well..!!
The invite does say, that you are allowed to bring only 1 visitor per family ...

" NOTE: Due to fire code regulations which dictate a maximum capacity for our ceremony
room, each family will only be permitted to have a maximum of one (1) visitor (irrelevant of
age) to accompany them into the ceremony."

CanadianSoonToBe

Mar 8, 2017
Mississauga
hey
My oath ceremony is on 12 december
i heard i can apply after end of 2buisness days which is 14 December Thursday
even if its 15 which i apply for passport
if everything goes well and i take guarantee and references with me to passport should i be able to get passport on monday?or urgent application
(According to cic for urgent process you can get passport by the end of next business day)
please guide in this situation
i am really worried since i am traveling on 7am on 19 december
It is expensive alright..but I would suggest go for urgent application. Make sure you take your tickets with you- you should get the passport by 18th.
I had done express service and it still took them 5 business days..so urgent is the way to go!

SAZ-CAN

Star Member
Oct 15, 2012
Mississauga
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2009
Doc's Request.
27-01-2010
AOR Received.
27-07-2010
Med's Request
27-07-2012
Med's Done....
06-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
8th Nov 2012 ---- PP Received on 8th Dec 2012
LANDED..........
06 April 2013
Hi,

So Test and interview done on 5th Dec. Passed 19/20 and wife 20/20 ... The interview was long 25 minutes (me and wife combined) at Mississauga Office. Please read Discover Canada thoroughly :)

ECAS show DM on 6th December but nothing else changed. Please update the sheet.

Can anybody confirm how long to get the Oath Ceremony invite (email or letter)? and when to expect the status to change.

Thanks and Regards,

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
Hi, Nothing yet.. are you from Montreal too? Im so frustrated because I need to travel and no way I can have a passport from my country
My wife applied in august. Montreal too. I'm trying to get a sense of the "delay". Haven't see any people from the June batch in Montreal indicating they've received the oath invite... Looks like the delay is at least 2-3 months as of today.

kbanatwala

Jan 17, 2014
Got the invite in an email yesterday for Oath ceremony on 20th Dec.
Today morning the ECAS was also updated. Not sure if I will receive something in the mail as well..!!
The invite does say, that you are allowed to bring only 1 visitor per family ...

" NOTE: Due to fire code regulations which dictate a maximum capacity for our ceremony
room, each family will only be permitted to have a maximum of one (1) visitor (irrelevant of
age) to accompany them into the ceremony."
Congrats!!!!

kbanatwala

Jan 17, 2014
Hi,

So Test and interview done on 5th Dec. Passed 19/20 and wife 20/20 ... The interview was long 25 minutes (me and wife combined) at Mississauga Office. Please read Discover Canada thoroughly :)

Can anybody confirm how long to get the Oath Ceremony invite (email or letter)? and when to expect the status to change.

Thanks and Regards,
Congratulations!!!

zeeshee

Jan 22, 2010
NOC Code......
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
Hi,

Thanks and Regards,
Can you please share what were you asked in interview? Have you had a lot of travel or stamps in your passport from other countries that required translation?

SAZ-CAN

Star Member
Oct 15, 2012
Mississauga
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2009
Doc's Request.
27-01-2010
AOR Received.
27-07-2010
Med's Request
27-07-2012
Med's Done....
06-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
8th Nov 2012 ---- PP Received on 8th Dec 2012
LANDED..........
06 April 2013
Can you please share what were you asked in interview? Have you had a lot of travel or stamps in your passport from other countries that required translation?
Hi, Everything you wrote in your form... job, tax, home and all travel detail.

And nope I didn't travel much :)

DON2

Jan 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't understand Decison Made for some of us before others. While we are waiting for oath, others are getting oath even though their DM was made way after us. Vancouver office. Can't be security checks as the process has been completed decision has been made then why they select random people for oath. Anyone ?

darwaish

Jan 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks everybody as we approach to end of our application - a tiring process but with a rewarding outcome.
Our oath is scheduled for 19th and the ECAS reads like ;
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 28, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 1, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on August 14, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on September 29, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 20, 2017 at 12:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on November 27, 2017 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on December 19, 2017 at 12:30 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
My best wishes for all waiting for next steps in their applications.
Cheers

Reactions: elie72

STKHAN

Star Member
Dec 16, 2016
Thanks everybody as we approach to end of our application - a tiring process but with a rewarding outcome.
Our oath is scheduled for 19th and the ECAS reads like ;
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 28, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 1, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on August 14, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on September 29, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 20, 2017 at 12:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on November 27, 2017 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on December 19, 2017 at 12:30 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
My best wishes for all waiting for next steps in their applications.
Cheers
Congratulation Bro.

yycvr17

Jun 20, 2017
Hello to all fellow posters of this thread:
Took my oath yesterday morning! Simple and elegant ceremony. Less than 100 oath takers, all who did their test on October 23 morning & afternoon.
Already ecas updated to complete.
Moderator: Please update on spreadsheet.

A question on the Next step:
Can I apply for passport on Monday itself? It Tuesday? They said wait two business days = Wednesday.
Has anyone done this before?
I was stumped by the requirement for a guarantor and two references. I asked friends who agreed. But why? Wasn’t the vetting thorough enough every step of the way?? I just surprised and all.

Last edited:

yycvr17

Jun 20, 2017
I don't understand Decison Made for some of us before others. While we are waiting for oath, others are getting oath even though their DM was made way after us. Vancouver office. Can't be security checks as the process has been completed decision has been made then why they select random people for oath. Anyone ?
Any idea what’s the waiting time between decision made and oath ceremony in Vancouver? My kid n I applied together. While I took the oath yesterday, my kid who is a student asked to move test location from Calgary to Vancouver. The test was finally completed with a score of 19/20 on dec 6, DM on ecas today. Kid can’t travel out of Canada because pr card expired in November, refused to apply in September since the Citi appln was clipping along. The processing time just upped to 70 days. :-(((

sogood

Star Member
Jan 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
27-03-2012
Med's Done....
19-04-2012
Passport Req..
22-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2013
LANDED..........
29-03-2013
Breaking news-----I am a Canadian citizen . Thanks to all the forum members and I wish you all the best .

montrealita

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
Montreal Canada
Category........
Hello all,
Did my test interview on the 6 th of Dec in Montreal,in La Plaza
We where 120 pepole, the test was so easy almost silly, scored 20/20
The interview took 5 to 10 minites
The officer ran over my passport stamps ( didn’t ask me for the translations of the arabic ones) although i had them with me asked couple of questions, none where hard or tricky
At the end she told me if all checks came back clear, i will be receiving the oath letter in 2 to 4 months.
This moring (Sat,10th) my ECAS changed to Dession Made
One thing is for sure Montreal office is backed up in proccessing applicants
Please update the spreadsheet and goodluck for everyone hope you will hear goodnews before year end

Reactions: h3a3j6 and Katayoon