+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2017 Citizenship Applicants - (pre C6 rule)

rustic

Jun 16, 2017
Thanks!
Any links for test preparation?
Please read the book thoroughly at least 2-3 times as the questions are pretty tricky. The are testing your knowledge of English along with knowledge about Canada. You prepare using the links suggested by others only after the reading the book once.

catharines

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
Please read the book thoroughly at least 2-3 times as the questions are pretty tricky. The are testing your knowledge of English along with knowledge about Canada. You prepare using the links suggested by others only after the reading the book once.
I back you up on that rustic.

George1978

Feb 1, 2015
I applied on June 1st and got AOR on July 17th.They started processing my application on 18th July.I still didn't get any test invitation.My application still under processing.People who got AOR even 2 months after me finished their test(some even oath).All from same location(Toronto).But few of us still under processing.Is it because they will send us an RQ?Why they are not taking application on first come first serve(at least after entering into system) basis?I see some guys total processing time was like 2 months.Why this partiality?So unfair.If they need RQ then why they are not asking us.Its almost 4 months and no RQ or any information yet.

When should a person normally expect an RQ?Please advise.

So upset with the system here.

melody.sha

Jul 10, 2017
So i had my test and interview on October 19. after the test and at the interview the officer told me that they will send me a letter in mail and they will request me to send my translated passport. I have got the translation ready but I havent received the letter yet so I dont know what to do. does anybody has any suggestion? Thanks

soroush

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
I have this in my online status:
"We sent you a notice on November 2, 2017 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on November 24, 2017 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment."
however no communication received and no idea where the exam is held
any idea how the communication is done? nothing in reg mail or email yet.
Also, is this only the test session or oath too?

Also, please kindly update the excel sheet

Reactions: Anvatrix

Anvatrix

Star Member
Oct 22, 2016
"We sent you a notice on November 2, 2017 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on November 24, 2017 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment."

Hi Soroush, did you do your citizenship test in Scarborough?

Reactions: soroush

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
I applied on June 1st and got AOR on July 17th.They started processing my application on 18th July.I still didn't get any test invitation.My application still under processing.People who got AOR even 2 months after me finished their test(some even oath).All from same location(Toronto).But few of us still under processing.Is it because they will send us an RQ?Why they are not taking application on first come first serve(at least after entering into system) basis?I see some guys total processing time was like 2 months.Why this partiality?So unfair.If they need RQ then why they are not asking us.Its almost 4 months and no RQ or any information yet.

When should a person normally expect an RQ?Please advise.

So upset with the system here.
For some countries the background checks take longer than for others. Some cases are more straightforward than others. There are a lot of reasons why your application might take longer, but I do not believe this is on purpose.

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
So i had my test and interview on October 19. after the test and at the interview the officer told me that they will send me a letter in mail and they will request me to send my translated passport. I have got the translation ready but I havent received the letter yet so I dont know what to do. does anybody has any suggestion? Thanks
Check your email, also spam folder. I have never received anything per mail. You might want to phone them and ask whether you can send it straight away.

kbanatwala

Jan 17, 2014

Congrats..

Reactions: soroush

kalkatta

Sep 5, 2017
For some countries the background checks take longer than for others. Some cases are more straightforward than others. There are a lot of reasons why your application might take longer, but I do not believe this is on purpose.
Thanks Stef, I heard similar reason from CIC when I got my test invitation relatively late compare to other members in this forum. At this time I am still wondering why oath invitations for many applicants are getting delayed even after decision made ? Do they continue more background check even after decision made? Even some centre get test/oath invitation within a week and some centres need to wait for months. No one know the reason.

Last edited: