+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2017 Citizenship Applicants - (pre C6 rule)

iama

Jun 1, 2017
Quick update: The test was easy, make sure you read discover Canada a couple of times and do online free tests. The officer was very friendly, he checked my documents relatively quickly and mentioned that I have till June 2018 to take the oath! I think I would like to take it much sooner....

plaque

Star Member
Jul 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
09-Dec-2011
AOR Received.
26-Jun-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
18-Sep-2012
Med's Done....
26-Sep-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
17-Dec-2012 submitted 02-Jan-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Issued 09-Jan-2013 Received 18-Jan-2013
Written test completed last 10.23. ECAS status "Decision Made" as of 10.24 for both adults who wrote the test. However, our child (under 14) who did not write the test (and not required to) is still "In Process." Does anyone have the same issue? Thanks and please update spreadsheet

kbanatwala

Jan 17, 2014
Quick update: The test was easy, make sure you read discover Canada a couple of times and do online free tests. The officer was very friendly, he checked my documents relatively quickly and mentioned that I have till June 2018 to take the oath! I think I would like to take it much sooner....
Congrats... Hope you get your Oath invite soon

Reactions: iama

rustic

Jun 16, 2017
Hi All ,

I had my Citizenship test and Interview today at Windsor Office.

Here is a quick brief of my experience -

1.) I walked into the office 15 min before my scheduled time. They let a group of people in . I counted a total of 9 people along with me.
2.) We were all given the test - The test was a breeze ( Discover canada helped out there )
3.) Post the test, all the candidates waited for about 20 minutes.
4.) We were called in the order of when we finished our tests and when submitted our test sheet. I was called in 3 rd.
5.) The officer was extremely cordial and pretty nice - I immediately relaxed out.
Note - I had more than 1600 + days . I commute every day across the border and come back the same day as I work in the states . ( I had over 1100 daily crossings over the last 5 year period) . As i had 1100 crossings ,my physical presence calculator was 90 sheets longs ,when i had submitted my application
a.) I had brought in a two sets of files - One set that contained immediate info and that I had to provide - My passports , Identity docs .
Along with those ,I also got my mortgage docs , my elder kids school report and my younger kid's birth certificate , CBSA report of crossings.
My passport was pretty colorful with multiple stamps and visas .( Had visited my home country 4 times as well and post every visit , had a stamp on both the canadian side and US side + Had a Europe visit on company related work for 2 weeks )
The second file was a bigger one - That had the US side details of crossings ,utitlity bills , medical records , US W2's , paystubs , Employment records , previous rental leases, bank stmts , credit card stmts ,physical presence calculator sheets . I had the second file in my backpack and the first file in hand with me.

b.) The officer complimented me on the organized manner that i had filed in my application ( i had post marked my files when i had sent it in with all the above details and i had color coded the set). I was also told that i had scored 20/20 on the test . i acknoledged it with a thanks .

c.) I briefly mentioned about my work and my commute across the border every day . She acknowledged it and then took my physical presence calculator and went over my absences and started to correlate it to stamps on my passport. Luckily I had created a 2 pager where i had .every stamp correlating to days out of canada with a reason for the trip , reference to trip on the CBSA report and . the related trip's stamps on the pages of my passport. I was able to assist on a couple of trips that was being looked into .

d.) I was asked about my second child's birth in Canada ,our home in Windsor ( If we owned it) + my wife who had recently started on job .

e.) After all of my responses , the officer was satisfied and made a number of notes in the file.

Finally i was told on what i wanted to hear - She was satisfied and i was ready to go on to the next step , take my oath . :)
I was told that i would get an email and it would be around the December timeframe . At this point , i was positively Elated :)

Overall the experience was wonderful and very professional. I was impressed by the organized manner of the entire process + I could see that they put in a detailed effort to understand the candidate 's situation ( i saw my entire file with all the ton of docs with the officer).
If you have satisfied all the criteria needed to get to the next stage , there is nothing to fear.
Note - I gave a buffer of of a number of days . I applied post 1600 + days to give enough of a buffer to ensure that every possibility was covered.

I have to greatly thank this form for the detailed notes from a number of members and the shared experiences that helped me along the way in drafting out a complete application .( Will be helping my wife and my elder son apply next as they are eligible now as well) .

As a suggestion , i would recommend to keep a detailed note of all the little things ( bills, payments, credit card stmts, bank stmts, crossings references from multiple sources - in my case ,had CBSA reports ,USI 94 reports , i maintained a weekly excel of my crossings as well and was able to cross reference everything clearly) - > This looks like a lot of work but once we had got into a weekly 5 min routine of quickly marking the excel sheet and getting bills organized , it simplified the entire thing , when i started on the process of applying and then attending the interview) . Hopefully this helps someone next in line :)

Good luck to all and God Bless.

Thank you.
Kris R
Congratulation! You have written it really well.

kalkatta

Sep 5, 2017
similar situation
Written test completed last 10.23. ECAS status "Decision Made" as of 10.24 for both adults who wrote the test. However, our child (under 14) who did not write the test (and not required to) is still "In Process." Does anyone have the same issue? Thanks and please update spreadsheet

amax

Jun 25, 2014
Hello - I sat for the test and interview yesterday and passed. ECAS just says decision made - but when I click on it nothing. Waiting for the oath now.

Thanks for your help and please update the tracker.

rustic

Jun 16, 2017
Hello - I sat for the test and interview yesterday and passed. ECAS just says decision made - but when I click on it nothing. Waiting for the oath now.

Thanks for your help and please update the tracker.
Congrats!

ivylane

Oct 17, 2015
Hi all myself and my husband took the test today and passed. Our daughter who is 19 has yet to take the test so it will be rescheduled for her as she had an exam today. The interview officer said once she takes the test it will take 2/3 months for oath ceremony. Otherwise the 2/3 months would have started from today. My son is only 17 so he doesn't take the test.

We had our tests at surrey bc make sure you read the discover Canada and practice online tests. I got 19/20.

Eduram

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mex City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2012
Doc's Request.
09-10-2012