+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2017 Citizenship Applicants - (pre C6 rule)

catharines

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
Any news about Montreal office?! I haven't received anything from them since the AOR in 14 July. I think this office the slowest one!
My friend from Montreal had her test done on the 16th October there was around 80 people she told me. She applied in June like me.

victorier

Jul 27, 2017
Hey since i mentioned earlier that i had test and i got 20/20 but the officer asked me to translate one of the stamp in arabic to english which i did in same day and notarized as well and send them same day.it was received next day to local office
I am worried that does this thing gonna make my processing time long?
Normally at this point after how many days i can expect something from them
Since its been a week or more there is nothing yet and online status keep saying "in process"
But i did what they requested.so did anyone went through this thing before or heard of it
since its october mid now and i am travelling overseas in december and i want to get passport before i go
so is it possible i mean enough time till december

victorier

Jul 27, 2017
hey online status says "in process"
i sent them and the received that translation more then a week ago
I am just waiting to see whats next and hope they dont take too much time

Reactions: iama

LNZ

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017
Hi there,

Any update with your application. I am on a same boat asnI did not translate stamps (as it was not listed in the requested documents) but thinking to take the translation to my interview.

Any view on this?
I was actually considering doing the same, but I was also wondering if it is really worth doing it before they ask for it? will it really make a difference? also all of my Arabic stamps have english in them (half of the stamp is in Arabic and the other is English). I don't see any reason for the translation.

Last edited:
Reactions: iama

seth2015

Jun 3, 2015
Gave my Test today @ Kitchener, passed and the interview went well.
Will be waiting for the Oath ceremony invite.
The officer said, that hopefully, it should be before the year end, but he knows they are already booked for most of November.

peterrod

Aug 1, 2017
Vancouver
Hi, long time reader of the forum. First post. Could you please update the tracker with this information?

Application Sent: June 16, 2017 (Friday)
Application Delivered: June 21, 2017 (Wednesday)
AOR: August 1, 2017 (Tuesday)
In Process: August 8, 2017 (Tuesday)
City: Vancouver
Type: Single
Physical presence days: 1473

Thanks
Starting to get a little anxious here. I see people from July in Vancouver already started getting their test invites or even took their tests while there are still some people in June (myself included), that are in process since late July/early August. Anyone from Vancouver heard anything? (arhabib, Hawk)
Would it be worth contacting the call centre? I know that no one here is supposed to know the truth but any opinions may help.

CanadianIdol259

Oct 12, 2017
Toronto
i have a question. I have just applied for citizenship and I have to travel a bit because of my job. I would just like to know how do you get things like
1. Letter of Acknowledgement
2. test Invite Letter
etc ??

Is it by mail or email ? The reason is I dont want to miss any and do not collect my mail all the often since i travel. but if it is by email I could see if as soon as I get it.

research-scientist

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Starting to get a little anxious here. I see people from July in Vancouver already started getting their test invites or even took their tests while there are still some people in June (myself included), that are in process since late July/early August. Anyone from Vancouver heard anything? (arhabib, Hawk)
Would it be worth contacting the call centre? I know that no one here is supposed to know the truth but any opinions may help.
It all depends what country you are from, if you are a citizen of specific countries your background/security clearance might take longer. Mine took 6 months while my wife's took less than a month (we are from 2 different countries). It has nothing to do with Vancouver CIC office.

kbanatwala

Jan 17, 2014
Gave my Test today @ Kitchener, passed and the interview went well.
Will be waiting for the Oath ceremony invite.
The officer said, that hopefully, it should be before the year end, but he knows they are already booked for most of November.
Congratulations....

SJ Baek

Jun 23, 2017
i have a question. I have just applied for citizenship and I have to travel a bit because of my job. I would just like to know how do you get things like
1. Letter of Acknowledgement
2. test Invite Letter
etc ??

Is it by mail or email ? The reason is I dont want to miss any and do not collect my mail all the often since i travel. but if it is by email I could see if as soon as I get it.
Most likely email. It is possible that the invitation is classified as a spam. Keep watching the spam email. Mine was in the spam.

peterrod

Aug 1, 2017
Vancouver
It all depends what country you are from, if you are a citizen of specific countries your background/security clearance might take longer. Mine took 6 months while my wife's took less than a month (we are from 2 different countries). It has nothing to do with Vancouver CIC office.
Thanks for the response. I find it interesting since I haven't lived outside of Canada for over a decade and have only traveled occasionally for vacation. I didn't think the country would be an issue in my case being from a South American nation. Is there any way to inquire about the status of those background checks?