+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2017 Citizenship Applicants - (pre C6 rule)

sogood

Star Member
Jan 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
27-03-2012
Med's Done....
19-04-2012
Passport Req..
22-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2013
LANDED..........
29-03-2013

SJ Baek

Jun 23, 2017
After I missed the test yesterday, I found that I may have the final notice in a few weeks based on the FAQ:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=910&top=5

I contacted CIC with online form. I hope I get the answer soon. Last time I got the answer in 4 days.

This is my status online:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 5, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on June 22, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on June 23, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on October 4, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 16, 2017 at 1:15 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

ivylane

Oct 17, 2015
Hi all
Haven't posted in a while here is the latest for me.

Family application for 2 adults and 2 children

I received letter for fp request on the 18th august 2017 all done and submitted back to cic on 1st sept 2017 the fp request was just for me.
Checked Ecas yesterday and on there it says sent you letter on the 12th October to appear for test on the 26th October 2017. I and my husband and my daughter who is 19 got these messages in ecas not my son as he is only 17.
No emails this morning letter. And for my daughter not for me and my husband.

Called them today they say letters should be in mail.
My daughter will have to reschedule as she has got her exams at university. The lady on the phone said that was no problem we just have to send letter to our local office which is in surrey be.

Myself and my husband will be taking the test on the 26th October. So here goes to studying as I have not done anything yet.

Let you know how it goes . Wish me luck I am going to need it.

SJ Baek

Jun 23, 2017
Hi all

I received letter for fp request on the 18th august 2017 all done and submitted back to cic on 1st sept 2017 the fp request was just for me.
Checked Ecas yesterday and on there it says sent you letter on the 12th October to appear for test on the 26th October 2017. I and my husband and my daughter who is 19 got these messages in ecas not my son as he is only 17.

My daughter will have to reschedule as she has got her exams at university. The lady on the phone said that was no problem we just have to send letter to our local office which is in surrey be.

Myself and my husband will be taking the test on the 26th October. So here goes to studying as I have not done anything yet.

You are lucky to check the status earlier than the test date. I checked my status two days ago and it was the test day!! Yeah, I missed it. The invitation email was in the junk folder and I haven't check the junk folder for 2 weeks. I'm waiting the next test date.

kbanatwala

Jan 17, 2014
Hi all

Congratulations for getting the test invite... and all the best for the best... Study well...

Anvatrix

Star Member
Oct 22, 2016
Passed the test today in Scarborough, Ontario. Now I am wondering how much time I need to wait till the invitation to take Oath.

Last edited:
Reactions: Weltmeister

mohanna

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
Any news about Montreal office?! I haven't received anything from them since the AOR in 14 July. I think this office the slowest one!

Anvatrix

Star Member
Oct 22, 2016
Congratulations... how was the interview??
Thank you Kbanatwala, the interview was very easy, the CIC staff just asked me where I live, if I work, where I work and what type of work I do. Then he went on to verify the originals of documents that I have submitted with my citizenship application, checked my passport for travel stamps, checked my PR and Health Card and informed me of my test result, which was 19 out of 20 correct questions. And that was it.

Reactions: LNZ and Katayoon

iama

Jun 1, 2017
Hey thanks a lot for such a great reply
I did actually same way.i got it done in one day.They did translation paper plus affidavite too
and these papers r probably arriving on 2 days to cic
Hi there,

Any update with your application. I am on a same boat asnI did not translate stamps (as it was not listed in the requested documents) but thinking to take the translation to my interview.

Any view on this?

Reactions: LNZ

ivylane

Oct 17, 2015
You are lucky to check the status earlier than the test date. I checked my status two days ago and it was the test day!! Yeah, I missed it. The invitation email was in the junk folder and I haven't check the junk folder for 2 weeks. I'm waiting the next test date.
I know just checked it in time . I normally check couple of times a week and even checked last Thursday it must have shown on ecas on Friday which was the only day I hadn't checked. Hope you get your interview soon.