+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2017 Citizenship Applicants - (pre C6 rule)

rustic

Jun 16, 2017
But it doesn't really take too long to complete the application process. There are a lot of people who were asked to do FP and the process was completed in 2 months.
Agreed ! I also received FP request on 26th August and Test Invite on 28th August for 11th September. I have no clue on how the FP thing got processed but i got DM on 14th September.

SadaPk

Jul 26, 2017
CIC these days is asking so many applicants for fingerprint request. Are they making so many applications as non routine ?

I was just searching about non route application for citizenship and this came up

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1169&top=5

What is a non-routine application?
We consider your application non-routine if:

• you asked to change your personal information, such as:
    • name
    • sex designation
    • date of birth
  • you missed a:
    • test
    • interview
    • hearing
  • we need you to submit extra documents, like:
    • fingerprints
    • residence documents
  • we asked you to come to another interview or hearing after you attended your interview
We also consider your citizenship application non-routine if you:

So after FP case becomes Non-routine. I wud like to know what is the processing time for non-routine case? Is there any official time period. ?

kalkatta

Sep 5, 2017
After following through the spreadsheet, I realize the Calgary, Regina and some offices of Ontario are quick in processing application.

SadaPk

Jul 26, 2017
After following through the spreadsheet, I realize the Calgary, Regina and some offices of Ontario are quick in processing application.
Yes you r Right. My understanding is this if a person want to get process fast. He shud move to Calgary/Edmonton. GTA esp Mississauga is slowest.

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
More remote and less desirable for most immigrants places are quicker because of the lower volume of applications, in addition to all other factors. These areas are short of people and have quicker immigration routes. One of my acquaintances did a 1-year college diploma in Regina and got a decent job even before graduating at a chemical plant, and he did not even have work permit, not to mention PR.

No offense to Regina but most immigrants have never even heard of this place before even wanting to immigrate there. The first time I heard of Regina is when my Guinean ex-colleague from my first survival job in Montreal moved there to work as a truck driver. I was shocked when he told me Regina was the capital of Saskatchewan. At that time I was convinced that the capital of Saskatchewan was Saskatoon.

humanist

Jun 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2009
Doc's Request.
11-06-2009
Med's Request
21-04-2010
Med's Done....
14-05-2010
Passport Req..
10-12-2010
Sat my test this morning in Scarborough. Was only there for 45 minutes and passed with perfect score, so happy all that reading and studying paid off. The end is in sight.

Anvatrix

Star Member
Oct 22, 2016
I have a question: I am still waiting for Test Invite but would like to travel for 3 weeks outside of Canada. How can I make sure that CIC does not send me any correspondence during my absence?

I found here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/help.asp that there are 2 IRCC offices in Toronto (Toronto Etobicoke and Toronto St.Clair). I wonder whom I should contact in Toronto with such a question?

Last edited:

aakash28

Jan 28, 2006
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7th Oct 2010
AOR Received.
8th Feb 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
9th June 2011
Med's Request
18th July 2011
Med's Done....
1st August 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 24th 2011; Submitted on October 11th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on November 14th 2011; PP received on December 4th 2011
LANDED..........
May 7th 2012
Agreed ! I also received FP request on 26th August and Test Invite on 28th August for 11th September. I have no clue on how the FP thing got processed but i got DM on 14th September.
Correct me if I am wrong-

I think you meant to say they received FP report on 26th August, right? Not that you got request from CIC, as it does not make sense since without FP report submission you may not have got the test invite.

Right?

rustic

Jun 16, 2017
Correct me if I am wrong-

I think you meant to say they received FP report on 26th August, right? Not that you got request from CIC, as it does not make sense since without FP report submission you may not have got the test invite.

Right?
I received two letters one n 26th August for FP and 2 days letter on 28th August as test invite. I submitted the FP on 29th August and thats it. 11th September i had my interview and test. 3 day later DM. Hope i am clear.