+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2017 Citizenship Applicants - (pre C6 rule)

sogood

Star Member
Jan 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
27-03-2012
Med's Done....
19-04-2012
Passport Req..
22-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2013
LANDED..........
29-03-2013
oh thats soo nice of you to answer.but i am just worried that my application would be returned.since i got the AOR you think after AOR there is a chance of getting application returned.As far as i know there is no chance
Your form will not returned, since you have AOR, if there is any additional information required, you will get a mail to submit those documents within a specific period of time. please relax,watch more movies and enjoy the summer and also please use this waiting period and prepare for the citizenship test.good luck

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oh thats soo nice of you to answer.but i am just worried that my application would be returned.since i got the AOR you think after AOR there is a chance of getting application returned.As far as i know there is no chance
No, AOR means your application was complete and processing will start soon. It is on the CIC website:

Phase – Application Review & File Creation
The Case Processing Centre (CPC) in Sydney makes sure your application:

• meets the minimum processing requirements;
  • includes all the required documents; and
  • that the appropriate fee payment has been made.
If your application is complete, processing starts.

What you receive:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0002ETOC.asp#CIT0002E8

jeevan

Oct 20, 2010
Interview........
waived
What types of documents you think they can ask? Any idea?

Your form will not returned, since you have AOR, if there is any additional information required, you will get a mail to submit those documents within a specific period of time. please relax,watch more movies and enjoy the summer and also please use this waiting period and prepare for the citizenship test.good luck

kbanatwala

Jan 17, 2014
Hi all:
My application was received on jun 19... later dates also got their AOR status as of today. What's happening to my application??? Have been checking email and spam folders everyday.
You should get it soon... I am expecting it could be tomorrow or Monday..

aakash28

Jan 28, 2006
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7th Oct 2010
AOR Received.
8th Feb 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
9th June 2011
Med's Request
18th July 2011
Med's Done....
1st August 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 24th 2011; Submitted on October 11th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on November 14th 2011; PP received on December 4th 2011
LANDED..........
May 7th 2012
Usually a fingerprint request or an RQ, which is less likely nowadays.
Why you think RQ is likely nowadays? Your assumption is based on any patterns or any particular CIC policy? It's true that we dont see many applicants here reporting getting RQ.

Can you elaborate a bit?

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Why you think RQ is likely nowadays? Your assumption is based on any patterns or any particular CIC policy? It's true that we dont see many applicants here reporting getting RQ.

Can you elaborate a bit?

I cannot speak for what was intended by another forum participant, but the context was a query as to what additional requests could an applicant receive after AOR, and the answer does indeed range from a Finger Print request to the full-blown RQ. That answer does not suggest that RQ is likely. It is among the possibilities if something in the application triggers a non-routine process.

The vast majority of applicants are routinely processed. Not even a FP request. They send the application. There is AOR. The applicant gets notice of this and a copy of the Discover Canada book. The application goes in process. The applicant is scheduled for an interview, and depending on age, also for the knowledge of Canada test. Then the applicant is scheduled for and takes the oath. Done.

But sure, some applicants will receive a request of one sort or another along the way. And as others noted, the possibilities range from a Finger Print request to the full-blown RQ (CIT 0171).

There are other possibilities in-between, ranging from requests for specific documents (such as a police certificate from this or that country) to the RQ-lite requests in a CIT 0520 form.

We have seen recent reports of RQ. Even without those, however, there would be no reason to suspect IRCC would cease using RQ. There are bound to be cases in which IRCC perceives reason to question the physical presence declarations made by the applicant in the presence calculation, and depending on the nature and scope of those questions, the nature and scope of IRCC concerns in the particular case, either the RQ-lite (CIT 0520) or the full blown RQ (CIT 0171) will be sent to the applicant.

There are many explanations for the decline in the number of RQ'd applicants. Just the transition to a physical presence requirement alone eliminated the main reason for RQ in the past, the short-fall application (PRs eligible because they met the basic residency requirement, but whose qualification per the three years resident-in-Canada requirement was questionable given their physical presence was less than 1095 days, noting that during the Harper government CIC began approaching almost all such basic-residency (short-fall) applications as questionable if not presumably unqualified).

But obviously there will continue to be some applications filed for which IRCC will have some doubts about the claimed number of days the PR was present in Canada. Those applicants will be RQ'd.

aakash28

Jan 28, 2006
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7th Oct 2010
AOR Received.
8th Feb 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
9th June 2011
Med's Request
18th July 2011
Med's Done....
1st August 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 24th 2011; Submitted on October 11th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on November 14th 2011; PP received on December 4th 2011
LANDED..........
May 7th 2012
I cannot speak for what was intended by another forum participant, but the context was a query as to what additional requests could an applicant receive after AOR, and the answer does indeed range from a Finger Print request to the full-blown RQ. That answer does not suggest that RQ is likely. It is among the possibilities if something in the application triggers a non-routine process.

The vast majority of applicants are routinely processed. Not even a FP request. They send the application. There is AOR. The applicant gets notice of this and a copy of the Discover Canada book. The application goes in process. The applicant is scheduled for an interview, and depending on age, also for the knowledge of Canada test. Then the applicant is scheduled for and takes the oath. Done.

But sure, some applicants will receive a request of one sort or another along the way. And as others noted, the possibilities range from a Finger Print request to the full-blown RQ (CIT 0171).

There are other possibilities in-between, ranging from requests for specific documents (such as a police certificate from this or that country) to the RQ-lite requests in a CIT 0520 form.

We have seen recent reports of RQ. Even without those, however, there would be no reason to suspect IRCC would cease using RQ. There are bound to be cases in which IRCC perceives reason to question the physical presence declarations made by the applicant in the presence calculation, and depending on the nature and scope of those questions, the nature and scope of IRCC concerns in the particular case, either the RQ-lite (CIT 0520) or the full blown RQ (CIT 0171) will be sent to the applicant.

There are many explanations for the decline in the number of RQ'd applicants. Just the transition to a physical presence requirement alone eliminated the main reason for RQ in the past, the short-fall application (PRs eligible because they met the basic residency requirement, but whose qualification per the three years resident-in-Canada requirement was questionable given their physical presence was less than 1095 days, noting that during the Harper government CIC began approaching almost all such basic-residency (short-fall) applications as questionable if not presumably unqualified).

But obviously there will continue to be some applications filed for which IRCC will have some doubts about the claimed number of days the PR was present in Canada. Those applicants will be RQ'd.
So just curious, if for some reason someone claimed wrongly or without understanding the residency calculation math and end up short in residency requirement as per CIC and therefore get RQed, can then the applicant can roll back or suspend his or her application without replying to RQ ?

CIC will consider the application to be suspended and the applicant is eligible to apply again?

Sorry off topic, but just killing waiting time! :)