+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2017 Citizenship Applicants - (pre C6 rule)

kbanatwala

Jan 17, 2014
Like I said, the reason I was eligible for urgent process is that I've received a job contract overseas.
Urgent Process can be initiated if you have a foreign job offer. It is written down in their operational manual. I had posted the link to those last week. It is possible to process Citizenship on Urgent basis for some cases, like this one.

kbanatwala

Jan 17, 2014
Urgent Process can be initiated if you have a foreign job offer. It is written down in their operational manual. I had posted the link to those last week. It is possible to process Citizenship on Urgent basis for some cases, like this one.
Here is the link

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/cit/admin/general/urgent.asp

Urgent Application Cases

This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada staff. It is posted on the Department’s website as a courtesy to stakeholders.

This section is about what an "urgent" case is and how to handle them.

When a case is urgent
Applications for proof of citizenship, search of citizenship records for Canadian citizens, resumptions, and applications for grant of citizenship are expedited if documents support the need for urgency in the following situations:

• a request is received from the office of the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration Canada;
  • the applicants need to travel because of death or serious illness in the family and cannot obtain a passport in their present nationality (which includes the Canadian passport);
  • A grant applicant has been in Canada for 1,095 days or more and faces loss of employment or employment opportunity because they are not Canadian citizens;
  • the applicants are Canadian citizens and face the loss of employment or employment opportunity because they are not in possession of a document establishing Canadian citizenship;
  • an application delayed due to an administrative error;
  • an applicant for grant of citizenship whose appeal to the Federal Court is successful;
  • any situation in which not expediting the citizenship application harms the applicant, such as the need to renounce foreign citizenship by a certain date;
  • the applicants need a citizenship certificate to access certain benefits such as a pension, Social Insurance Number or health care.
Required documents
Documents must support urgent case requests.

For instance, for an applicant facing the loss of employment or employment opportunity, the applicant must submit a letter from the employer.

The letter should say that the applicants will lose employment or potential employment if they are not Canadian citizens. The letter must also say why Canadian Citizenship is a job requirement, and why the employer cannot make other arrangements.

Note: Even in urgent cases, clients must still demonstrate they meet all the requirements of citizenship and provide all necessary documentation.

Reactions: CanadianC

CanadianC

Mar 15, 2017
@kbanatwala @MAGGYZHANG Do you think this applies to someone who has a job offer from US and must require Canadian citizenship to be eligible to work there under TN visa? Assume that the employer is a well-known company and can provide supporting letters, which justifies the urgent processing.

I am aware that 'intend-to-reside' term has been removed by C6 but still not convinced that CIC would expedite this kind of applications.

CanadianC

Mar 15, 2017
The other thing I noticed is that CIC has changed its note on urgent processing according to C-6.
  • A grant applicant has been in Canada for 1,095 days or more and faces loss of employment or employment opportunity because they are not Canadian citizens;

kbanatwala

Jan 17, 2014
@kbanatwala @MAGGYZHANG Do you think this applies to someone who has a job offer from US and must require Canadian citizenship to be eligible to work there under TN visa? Assume that the employer is a well-known company and can provide supporting letters, which justifies the urgent processing.

I am aware that 'intend-to-reside' term has been removed by C6 but still not convinced that CIC would expedite this kind of applications.
I believe you are referring to a contract type of work on a TN Visa. If you do get a Full Time Offer and have enough documents to support, that the employer needs you urgently, and to process your TN visa you need your Canadian Citizenship then I do believe it does fall under urgent processing. There is no harm in applying as urgent processing as the process is the same... you will mention all these details in your cover letter and enclose all the necessary documents to prove that it is urgent. If the officer is not convinced that it falls for urgent processing it will be processed as normal application. Application in such cases will not be returned as you gave a supporting letter and requested them to process your application considering urgent.

Reactions: CanadianC

kbanatwala

Jan 17, 2014
The other thing I noticed is that CIC has changed its note on urgent processing according to C-6.
Yes they have started updating various documents for 1095 days i have also come across few of them, But this one they did not update as the date for last modifed is still pre Bill C24.
Date Modified:
2014-01-24

CanadianC

Mar 15, 2017
I believe you are referring to a contract type of work on a TN Visa. If you do get a Full Time Offer and have enough documents to support, that the employer needs you urgently, and to process your TN visa you need your Canadian Citizenship then I do believe it does fall under urgent processing. There is no harm in applying as urgent processing as the process is the same... you will mention all these details in your cover letter and enclose all the necessary documents to prove that it is urgent. If the officer is not convinced that it falls for urgent processing it will be processed as normal application. Application in such cases will not be returned as you gave a supporting letter and requested them to process your application considering urgent.
Thanks for your note on this.

My case is exactly as you described and it's a full-time employment. The employer has tried every possible paths to solve the work visa issue but did not work. TN visa is our only option now.

I would appreciate if @MAGGYZHANG can provide more info on how s/he has proceed with her/his case, i.e. what supporting docs, etc.

MAGGYZHANG

Jul 17, 2017

The job offer I've received is not from the US, so I'm not getting a TN Visa

paulvoyer

Mar 10, 2017
Okay, for those who think I'm trolling. My case has been handled by CIC on an urgent process, for I have got a job offer oversea. So the CPC got the chance to process my case urgently. Trust me, the job offer I received is from a really big big company (world-class), not a small studios or small companies.

By the time I did the test, I scored 20/20, and I presented my contract to local IRCC, and they scheduled my Oath 2 days after because that contract is huge. And the after the Oath, I talked to the Officer about urgent passport, cuz normally people are told to wait for 2 days to apply for passport, but the Officer got my info updated urgently as well.

The officer told me they have only received one very special case which required urgent process, which is my application.
good for you ,, because you are sooo special dear ,, enjoy it

MAGGYZHANG

Jul 17, 2017
Thanks for your note on this.

My case is exactly as you described and it's a full-time employment. The employer has tried every possible paths to solve the work visa issue but did not work. TN visa is our only option now.

I would appreciate if @MAGGYZHANG can provide more info on how s/he has proceed with her/his case, i.e. what supporting docs, etc.

First, I didn't apply for TN Visa cuz my job offer is not from the US at all. It is in Europe.
Second, my contract is not a full-time employment. It is an internship contract which is huge different from a full-time job. Internship has a clear ending date comparing to a full-time offer, which means CIC knew the exact date I'll be back in Canada.

The documents I submitted is the contract, employment email, an explanation letter, thats all! Again, urgent process of course can be done under a specific circumstances and background conditions. I never been out of Canada since the day I became a PR, so comparing my background to many others who frequently travel back to their countries, I got the privilege to get mine considered as an urgent case for sure.

Basically I reckon the only things CIC needs to check if you are qualified for urgent process are: 1. You'll continue to reside in Canada (Loyalty, loyalty, loyalty); 2. You have proof of a clear start/end date of your working contract; 3. a healthy background, CIC will totally not gonna consider your case as an urgent process if you frequently travel back n forth out of Canada.