+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2017 Citizenship Applicants - (pre C6 rule)

cadguy

Jul 19, 2017
My application was also delayed by C-24 too. I could have been a citizen already if the government didn't implement it. Oh well.

Does anyone know about the fee refunds? Do I need to call IRCC, or is it automatic?

My first application was sent in 2015. They sent it back to me after c-24 so I couldn't reapply i had to wait for this year and I used the same receipt i sent in 2015 because i did not ask for the money back.

catharines

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
My application was also delayed by C-24 too. I could have been a citizen already if the government didn't implement it. Oh well.

Does anyone know about the fee refunds? Do I need to call IRCC, or is it automatic?
I did not call i sent the receipt with my new application after 2 years and i'm almost done waiting for oath letter.

Canehdian Girl

Star Member
Aug 26, 2017
I guess you can take my name off the June group. I received my application back a short while ago saying that I made a single typo on my PR date on the physical presence calculator form. Corrected it, and mailed it back. I guess I'll join the September group.

Sigh, I don't know what to be mad more about, my mistake or the fact that it took IRCC almost 90 days to send my application back to me. Now I have to repay the application fee, and there's no timeline to when they will refund my original application fee. Isn't there a way for them to hang on the fee, and apply it to the new application? Money isn't the issue here for me, but what about those who are struggling to get by financially?

A question I do have is that I thought ECAS in process status meant that my application was complete and checked. How is it that it was sent to the local office, and then mailed back to me?
Yeah, I thought that too. Another thing is that when your application is in process, it did not reach the local office yet, it is still with CPC( Case Processing Center) Nova Scotia, because the letter explaining why my application was returned to me was issued by CPC.
This citizenship journey is testing our patience on so many levels!!

cadguy

Jul 19, 2017
I thought that too, until I saw a sticker with the Edmonton IRCC office on my original forms. Doesn't that mean that the local office did receive my application?

Yeah, I thought that too. Another thing is that when your application is in process, it did not reach the local office yet, it is still with CPC( Case Processing Center) Nova Scotia, because the letter explaining why my application was returned to me was issued by CPC.
This citizenship journey is testing our patience on so many levels!!

Canehdian Girl

Star Member
Aug 26, 2017
Hmmm,
Could it be that the local office received it, reviewed it and sent it back to CPC?
Was you letter issued from CPC or the local office ?

cadguy

Jul 19, 2017
It was issued by Sydney processing centre. At least they apologized for the delay in responding to me in the letter haha. I guess they are aware applications are taking a long time.

sogood

Star Member
Jan 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
27-03-2012
Med's Done....
19-04-2012
Passport Req..
22-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2013
LANDED..........
29-03-2013

appleguy

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
JANUARY 18, 2013
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
FEBRUARY 18, 2013
Med's Done....
FEBRUARY 19, 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
APRIL 16, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
MAY 12, 2013
LANDED..........
25-06-2013
I was just wondering if anyone can give me the information on when i can access my file on ecas?

appleguy

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
JANUARY 18, 2013
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
FEBRUARY 18, 2013
Med's Done....
FEBRUARY 19, 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
APRIL 16, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
MAY 12, 2013
LANDED..........
25-06-2013
After 24 hours once you get your AOR email.
thank you! is it possible if you can provide me with the website for ecas and what are the things i need to check it there?