+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2017 Citizenship Applicants - (pre C6 rule)

victorier

Jul 27, 2017
Hey i got oath ceremony mail for 11 december.
Thanks everyone for guidance till now
I am just wondering someone can please tel me what documents i need to bring in at ceremony?
Secondly did anyone went through urgent procedure of getting passport after ceremony?
if yes how many days,
After oath ceremony and applying after 2 days as required,it will b a friday and on tuesday m travellling overseas.you think i can get it by monday?

rustic

Jun 16, 2017
I am just wondering someone can please tel me what documents i need to bring in at ceremony?
Secondly did anyone went through urgent procedure of getting passport after ceremony?
if yes how many days,
After oath ceremony and applying after 2 days as required,it will b a friday and on tuesday m travellling overseas.you think i can get it by monday?
Congrats! Take all the documents you took to the interview to be on the safe side.
PR card is a must as they take it back
COPR is stamped.

If you need to apply passport urgently , make sure you speak with someone before the oath at the IRCC office during checkin. If they confirm you can go to the passport office post oath the same day or Monday.
Fill the form and guarantor details dated post your oath date. Friday/Monday take your form,IDs and Citizenship Certificate to the passport office as early as possible. Tag along your guarantor with his/her passport on him/her. When you are the counter you need to ask for Urgent passport. They will ask for proof of travel so take a copy of your Flight ticket with you.

Make sure to tell the officer that you have the guarantor . This is the fastest way for verification. If you in early in the day you may get it by 4 pm the same day. FYI Extra fees of 150+20 shall be requirement over and above the normal processing fees.

If you cannot take your Guarantor along make sure he/she should be near the phone when you are at the Passport office as they will call them real time.

Best of Luck!

victorier

Jul 27, 2017
oh thanks soo much rustic for your answer.I mean literally thanks a lot.i will take guaranter with me.What about the references?do i have to take them too as well?since reference is also mentioned in the form too

rustic

Jun 16, 2017
oh thanks soo much rustic for your answer.I mean literally thanks a lot.i will take guaranter with me.What about the references?do i have to take them too as well?since reference is also mentioned in the form too
Guarantor is the most important person in the process. He/she alone is fine.
Make sure with the IRCC officer if they can enter the details real time, when passport office scans the citizenship certificate bar code it reflects on the system if its updated by IRCC.

Fill up the form online but dont print it before you get your certificate as you need to enter the date of issue and certificate number on the form. Keep on updating the form as all the details gets stored in the bar code on the top of the form and a simple scan can put everything in the system and makes it real fast. In the first page you have an option of selecting date of travel. Select the date you are travelling.

Take your flight ticket on oath day so that they can see it to verify your urgency and enter the details in the system on priority. As you are from a smaller center they will oblige your request dont worry. Best of Luck.

I applied my passport normally , i got it within 3 working days as i has my friend/guarantor with me to the passport office.

Last edited:

kbanatwala

Jan 17, 2014
if yes how many days,
Congrats...

Canadian555

Aug 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
File Transfer...
April 1st, 2011 [W]
Med's Request
June 8, 2012
Med's Done....
and Passport sent June 28, 2012
Passport Req..
June 8, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
PP back with visa on Aug 31, 2012!
LANDED..........
Oct 7, 2012 :)
Hello all,

Someone who got invited test letter or oath letter by email or mail. Did your ecas not update yet after received the letter or email?

Should I fill out the web form and tell them that my ecas has not been update yet?

elie72

Sep 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 Aug 2007
Doc's Request.
17 Aug 2009
AOR Received.
13 Aug 2007
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
08 April 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
05 October 2011
LANDED..........
23 December 2011
Hello all,

Someone who got invited test letter or oath letter by email or mail. Did your ecas not update yet after received the letter or email?

Should I fill out the web form and tell them that my ecas has not been update yet?
I got test invite by email. My test is on Wednesday. It has been more than 20 days and me ecas not updated yet. I filled the web form . They answered that it may be a technical problem with my computer which is not actually the case

Canadian555

Aug 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
File Transfer...
April 1st, 2011 [W]
Med's Request
June 8, 2012
Med's Done....
and Passport sent June 28, 2012
Passport Req..
June 8, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
PP back with visa on Aug 31, 2012!
LANDED..........
Oct 7, 2012 :)
I got test invite by email. My test is on Wednesday. It has been more than 20 days and me ecas not updated yet. I filled the web form . They answered that it may be a technical problem with my computer which is not actually the case
Thank you for your reply.

Okay - so is it important to fill out the web form?

elie72

Sep 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 Aug 2007
Doc's Request.
17 Aug 2009
AOR Received.
13 Aug 2007
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
08 April 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
05 October 2011
LANDED..........
23 December 2011
Reactions: Canadian555

BSYK

May 5, 2017
Hi, I received Oath invite for a special ceremony to be held in Vancouver on December 14. Please update the spreadsheet. Is there anyone else here invited for this ceremony?

LNZ

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017
Decision Finally Made! now waiting for the ceremony!
was it updated on ecas? when? I am assuming they don't send any correspondence for the DM?
The reason I ask is because reading the forum it looks like the website isn't being updated properly.