+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JUNE 2016 - OUTLAND SPOUSAL APPLICANTS

_alexia08_

Nov 6, 2016
nepallica said:
Sponsorship Application Status
Decision Made
1.We received your application to sponsor ... on June, 2016
2. We sent your correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application on July, 2016
3. We started processing your application on July, 2016

PR Application Status
In process
1. We received ... application for PR on June, 2016
2. We started processing ... application on August, 2016
3. Medical results have been received.
Hi Nepallica,

Mine is also similar, although they started processing my application last September only and will be almost two months now that there's no movement. "Medical results have been received" status has been there and seemed like forever. Do you know, or does anyone here know, how long it takes for medical results to be verified before you see another progress on your application? Appreciate your help/advice, please. Thanks.

Oct 22, 2016
Decision Made
1.We received your application to sponsor ... 28th June, 2016
2. We sent your correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application on July 19th, 2016
3. We started processing your application on July 18th, 2016

PR Application Status
In process
1. We received ... application for PR on June 28th, 2016
2. We started processing ... application on August 23rd, 2016

VO- New Delhi, I am not able to link my application to My cic, have tried every possible way. Any assistance will be appreciated.

Anyone else with similar timeline has got the decision made or PPR?

Thanks

-A

CDNinHH

Star Member
Aug 3, 2016
Thailand
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 May, 2016
AOR Received.
30-05-2016
File Transfer...
01-08-2016
Med's Request
01-08-2016
Med's Done....
Passed Nov. 01, 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov 23, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Dec. 16, 2016
LANDED..........
Planning April 2017
Winnipegger2016 said:
Decision Made
2. We sent your correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application on July 19th, 2016

PR Application Status
In process

VO- New Delhi, I am not able to link my application to My cic, have tried every possible way. Any assistance will be appreciated.

Thanks

-A
I also had a lot of problems linking.....turned out I was using the UCI number that I had from my sponsor application. Try not using any of those numbers, just with Name, DOB, etc of the PR applicant.

alexstraza

Star Member
Oct 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2016
AOR Received.
06-06-2016
File Transfer...
SA 03-08-2016, AoR 2 10-08-2016
Med's Done....
PASSED—Upfront 27-04-2016
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
14-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-01-2016
LANDED..........
09-02-2017
Winnipegger2016 said:
Decision Made

PR Application Status
In process

Thanks

-A
Hi A, have you tried typing in "2" in the number of individuals in application? That is if your spouse is sponsoring only you. The spouse is included in the count.

Harshil

Dec 2, 2012
My wife file got transferred to Delhi from Toronto on 7 September 2016. After that no movement.
Anyone has update on this please? Please update status for july 2016 applicant.
So far sponsor approval done and file transferred to delhi. please reply.

just a square

Mar 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2016
AOR Received.
08-07-2016
File Transfer...
SA 08-08-2016, AOR2 16-08-2016
Med's Done....
06-05-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2017
LANDED..........
14-03-2017
Harshil said:
My wife file got transferred to Delhi from Toronto on 7 September 2016. After that no movement.
Anyone has update on this please? Please update status for july 2016 applicant.
So far sponsor approval done and file transferred to delhi. please reply.
Have patience. Lots and lots of patience. It's not a quick process. Check Delhi VO topic for detailed timelines of others from the same VO.

nepallica

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
Nepal
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
June, 2016
AOR Received.
July, 2016
File Transfer...
August, 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
Completed
Passport Req..
Requested
VISA ISSUED...
Issued
LANDED..........
May, 2017
_alexia08_ said:
Hi Nepallica,

Mine is also similar, although they started processing my application last September only and will be almost two months now that there's no movement. "Medical results have been received" status has been there and seemed like forever. Do you know, or does anyone here know, how long it takes for medical results to be verified before you see another progress on your application? Appreciate your help/advice, please. Thanks.
Hi _alexia08_
Along with AOR2 i was asked to pay the RPRF, i paid it after 15 days bt after that there's no progress at all.It's soo boring... im tired of watching the 3 lines everyday... :-[

Simreet

Jun 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2016
AOR Received.
07-07-2016
File Transfer...
31-08-2016
Winnipegger2016 said:
Decision Made

PR Application Status
In process

Thanks

-A
Hi, my timeline is pretty similar, I am june 20th applicant and even I wasnt able to link my application to my cic. My PR application status says the same "medical received" ,I really hope they start picking up pace now. Its so frustrating.

shminhas

Star Member
Jul 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
05-07-2016
File Transfer...
08-26-2016
Med's Request
Remedical Jan 27/2017
Med's Done....
Jan 6 /2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
DM -Feb 9/2017 ..... PPR Feb13/2017
VISA ISSUED...
Passport submitted march 7. Received passport with visa march 10
LANDED..........
March 13-2017
Simreet said:
Hi, my timeline is pretty similar, I am june 20th applicant and even I wasnt able to link my application to my cic. My PR application status says the same "medical received" ,I really hope they start picking up pace now. Its so frustrating.

My time line is pretty much the same. June 17th. Straight forward case. So frustrating waiting. I really hope we hear something before 2017.

Simreet

Jun 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2016
AOR Received.
07-07-2016
File Transfer...
31-08-2016
shminhas said:
My time line is pretty much the same. June 17th. Straight forward case. So frustrating waiting. I really hope we hear something before 2017.
I hope we get our PPRs soon, looks like NDVO has finally started working.

fleuredeflorida

Jan 23, 2016
Back again with a few more questions. :)

I am preparing for my landing in Toronto in early December and am trying to understand the landing process and what comes afterwards. I have been told through this forum that the PR card is automatically sent to you after landing and that it takes 4-6 weeks. Has anyone from June gone through with their landing and received the card? Is this wait time accurate for recent landed permanent residents?

Also, I was reading posts from the overall forum about the landing process and noticed someone mentioning they went and got their SIN the next day. I was under the impression from what I've read that I need to have the PR card to apply for a SIN. Is this true, or can I use the CoPR or whatever document(s) I have after landing to apply for a SIN immediately? Since I need this to apply for jobs, open a bank account, etc., it would be really great if we didn't have to wait a month + to get this.

Lastly, given the unfortunate choice of my countrymen in this most recent election (I'm an American), my wife and I are very concerned about the possibility of our marriage (done in the US) being invalidated in the near future and she wants us to get legally married in Canada also so we can have the extra security moving ahead. Doing so wouldn't have any potential interference or impact with my visa, right?

Thanks again for the help and pointers! This board has truly been a lifesaver through this whole process!

alexstraza

Star Member
Oct 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2016
AOR Received.
06-06-2016
File Transfer...
SA 03-08-2016, AoR 2 10-08-2016
Med's Done....
PASSED—Upfront 27-04-2016
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
14-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-01-2016
LANDED..........
09-02-2017
fleuredeflorida said:
Back again with a few more questions. :)

I am preparing for my landing in Toronto in early December and am trying to understand the landing process and what comes afterwards. I have been told through this forum that the PR card is automatically sent to you after landing and that it takes 4-6 weeks. Has anyone from June gone through with their landing and received the card? Is this wait time accurate for recent landed permanent residents?

Also, I was reading posts from the overall forum about the landing process and noticed someone mentioning they went and got their SIN the next day. I was under the impression from what I've read that I need to have the PR card to apply for a SIN. Is this true, or can I use the CoPR or whatever document(s) I have after landing to apply for a SIN immediately? Since I need this to apply for jobs, open a bank account, etc., it would be really great if we didn't have to wait a month + to get this.

Lastly, given the unfortunate choice of my countrymen in this most recent election (I'm an American), my wife and I are very concerned about the possibility of our marriage (done in the US) being invalidated in the near future and she wants us to get legally married in Canada also so we can have the extra security moving ahead. Doing so wouldn't have any potential interference or impact with my visa, right?

Thanks again for the help and pointers! This board has truly been a lifesaver through this whole process!
Someone in either this thread or another thread said that after going through the Immigration lane after landing, there was a small booth/table that handled SIN applications. You may want to look into this as it would be pretty convenient!

Also just speaking from personal opinion, if you have a valid marriage license from the US, they can't take that away and invalidate it. Although just to be on the safe side, it's not that difficult to be legally married in Canada. :) Your worries are very much valid given recent events.

nepallica

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
Nepal
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
June, 2016
AOR Received.
July, 2016
File Transfer...
August, 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
Completed
Passport Req..
Requested
VISA ISSUED...
Issued
LANDED..........
May, 2017
Any good news from June 2016 applicants who have paid their RPRF?Seems like NDVO is slow these days :(

_alexia08_

Nov 6, 2016
nepallica said:
Hi _alexia08_
Along with AOR2 i was asked to pay the RPRF, i paid it after 15 days bt after that there's no progress at all.It's soo boring... im tired of watching the 3 lines everyday... :-[
Hi Nepallica,

Same here. We are on the same boat. Getting the same 3 lines from ECAS over and over again. :| Regarding the payment, from what I remember, we paid for everything in one blow upon application so I guess that RPRF may have already been paid as well. We are just waiting for the end of the line..

How long does medical verification take? 3months?

Thanks.

AandA

Nov 3, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/06/2016
AOR Received.
08/07/2016
File Transfer...
19/08/2016
Med's Done....
19/05/2016
Passport Req..
23/02/2017
VISA ISSUED...
01/03/2017
Winnipegger2016 said:
Decision Made

PR Application Status
In process

Thanks

-A
Hi,

NDVO is processing March-April 2016 application by the looks of it.

Do you have rep (lawyer) assigned? If yes then only he/she can apply for your GCkey and link your application through their Agent Portal.

Good Luck