Passport Req..
12-10-2016
muh_elsayed said:
Yes, they requested in one email:
1. Proof of intent to return to Canada
2. Police clearance
3. Two photos
4. Passport.
That's awesome, congratulations!!!! What's your timeline??
Where abouts in Canada are you living??

Lekki

Sep 13, 2016
Lekki
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 Feb 2016
AOR Received.
11 Mar 2016

tigermilo

Star Member
Oct 1, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
11/26/2016
AOR Received.
12/03/2016
File Transfer...
12/12/2016 (Received SA)
Med's Done....
UPFRONT: 09/30/16. Meds Passed: 12/06/16
Passport Req..
11/22/2017
VISA ISSUED...
12/01/2017
LANDED..........
12/23/2017
ryanntheredhead said:
I'm not too well versed in the criminal clearance process since mine didn't come up. Question though: is your husband in Canada or is he allowed to enter Canada? Because (I think) if he is allowed in, I would say he is not inadmissible and therefore the charge shouldn't come up. BUT I can't be sure. The good thing is that since it's been over 5 years since the sentence was completed, if you need to you can apply for criminal rehabilitation. It will add a bit of wait time, but worth it if it gets him in.

And to be fair, they always tell you that just because one CBSA officer made a decision, it doesn't mean the next one can't make a completely different decision. I have flown into Canada many many times since my arrest and NEVER had it brought up. But when I drove across the border and my boyfriend was importing his car, they did a background check on me and said I was inadmissible unless I could show proof that the charges were dropped. Which I didn't have on me because I had completely forgotten about the arrest. Then the officer called me back up and said she would treat it as a juvenile offence (I was 18 when arrested) and let me go. Which sounds like a load of crap to me haha. I think she probably realized only the arrest showed up and no charge so she had to let me go.

If any senior member has more info on this, please chime in!
My husband is in the US but he visited me many times and his background never came up. I don't think they ever even checked his background. At one point he lived in Buffalo and drove up to see me every other weekend (for a few months) and was always allowed in, but I don't think they ever checked his background. They always just look at his passport and hand it back to him. We're still putting the application together but we should be ready to mail it this month. We don't have his FBI check yet. I think we should just mail our application with proof of payment for his FBI. We have his state background check, we could give that while we wait for the FBI check. This whole process is so stressful

muh_elsayed

Jun 16, 2016
AladdinsGirl said:
App. Filed: 30/6/2016
SA: 27/8/2016
Additional Documents & passport request: 4/10/2016
Med's Done....: 11/6/2016

I am not living in Canada right now.

sikalupi

Dec 26, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2016
AOR Received.
28-06-2016
File Transfer...
08-08-2016
Med's Done....
upfront
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 18-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
goldman_64 said:
A question from Ottawa VO applicant:
Do I need to mail the requested documents or only email them?which mail/email address?
(The requested documents are related to sponsor's residency in Canada)
Got the same request. Replied and sent docs via MyCIC as the request was coming from there.

lumpyfive

Star Member
Jul 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2016
Passport Req..
Very soon!!!!
Hi guys! How long does it take to have a passport request? My background check is in progress since last week. Aor1 june, aor 2 aug with additional documents. I came from canada as worker before and Im the principal applicant. Thanks!

just a square

Mar 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2016
AOR Received.
08-07-2016
File Transfer...
SA 08-08-2016, AOR2 16-08-2016
Med's Done....
06-05-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2017
LANDED..........
14-03-2017
lumpyfive said:
Hi guys! How long does it take to have a passport request? My background check is in progress since last week. Aor1 june, aor 2 aug with additional documents. I came from canada as worker before and Im the principal applicant. Thanks!
Give it a little bit more time. Some people get PPR after a week, some have to wait for a month.

semos

Star Member
May 28, 2015
lumpyfive said:
Great news .... Hope you will get your PPR soon . Which visa office is processing your application ?

semos

Star Member
May 28, 2015
AladdinsGirl said:
Congratulations for both of you ... It is really good news that some June applicants are getting passport requests .

ryanntheredhead

Star Member
Feb 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2016
Doc's Request.
29-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-06-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
(Decision Made) 06-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-10-2016
LANDED..........
17-10-2016
tigermilo said:
My husband is in the US but he visited me many times and his background never came up. I don't think they ever even checked his background. At one point he lived in Buffalo and drove up to see me every other weekend (for a few months) and was always allowed in, but I don't think they ever checked his background. They always just look at his passport and hand it back to him. We're still putting the application together but we should be ready to mail it this month. We don't have his FBI check yet. I think we should just mail our application with proof of payment for his FBI. We have his state background check, we could give that while we wait for the FBI check. This whole process is so stressful
It could really go either way for you. In the background declaration form, definitely respond yes to ever having been detained and then attach a page with the explanation and any proof you have that it was a misdemeanor. Be sure to include dates that it was all over. I'm guessing that even though the arrest was a felony, maybe his record says misdemeanor so it doesn't show up when he crosses the border? Hard to say. I didn't know what would show up on my FBI sheet so I waited until I got it to send in my application so that I was very clear in my explanation about what happened.

It's a weird place to be in because I THINK the criminal rehab application is for anyone inadmissible to Canada, which I would say he isn't. So he shouldn't have to do it, but I just don't know too much about it to tell you for sure. If I were you, I would get together a full criminal rehabilitation application once you send in your sponsorship application so that it's ready to go in case they ask for it. My charges were dropped so it's a different scenario but you always want to be upfront about everything. Don't try to hide it.

tigermilo

Star Member
Oct 1, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
11/26/2016
AOR Received.
12/03/2016
File Transfer...
12/12/2016 (Received SA)
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
11/22/2017
VISA ISSUED...
12/01/2017
LANDED..........
12/23/2017
ryanntheredhead said:
It could really go either way for you. In the background declaration form, definitely respond yes to ever having been detained and then attach a page with the explanation and any proof you have that it was a misdemeanor. Be sure to include dates that it was all over. I'm guessing that even though the arrest was a felony, maybe his record says misdemeanor so it doesn't show up when he crosses the border? Hard to say. I didn't know what would show up on my FBI sheet so I waited until I got it to send in my application so that I was very clear in my explanation about what happened.

It's a weird place to be in because I THINK the criminal rehab application is for anyone inadmissible to Canada, which I would say he isn't. So he shouldn't have to do it, but I just don't know too much about it to tell you for sure. If I were you, I would get together a full criminal rehabilitation application once you send in your sponsorship application so that it's ready to go in case they ask for it. My charges were dropped so it's a different scenario but you always want to be upfront about everything. Don't try to hide it.
In the declaration we put yes to ever being detained and in jail. He wrote about the incident and what the outcome was. Hopefully he's not considered inadmissible since he never had a problem entering Canada before. I guess we'all use a third party for the FBI clearance to get it back faster.
How long did it take you to put the application together after already completing the forms and having all the documents and proof?

ryanntheredhead

Star Member
Feb 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2016
Doc's Request.
29-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-06-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
13-10-2016
LANDED..........
17-10-2016
tigermilo said:
In the declaration we put yes to ever being detained and in jail. He wrote about the incident and what the outcome was. Hopefully he's not considered inadmissible since he never had a problem entering Canada before. I guess we'all use a third party for the FBI clearance to get it back faster.
How long did it take you to put the application together after already completing the forms and having all the documents and proof?
The rehab application is much shorter than the sponsorship one. You need a detailed description of the law that was broken (I googled the code next to my charge and printed out the whole US law describing it from a website), the state clearance and a few forms I think. The most stressful part of it is writing out a full description of the situation surrounding the arrest and also why you're rehabilitated and what you learned from the process or something to that extent. Do a bit of googling around criminal rehab apps and read up on how to word it properly and make sure you're including everything they're looking for. I read a few attorney's websites that detailed out what they would be looking to see in your descriptions. Since you already have state police sheet, you could feasibly do the rest in a day. I did it just in case and don't regret it.

tigermilo

Star Member
Oct 1, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
11/26/2016
AOR Received.
12/03/2016
File Transfer...
12/12/2016 (Received SA)
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
11/22/2017
VISA ISSUED...
12/01/2017
LANDED..........
12/23/2017
ryanntheredhead said:
The rehab application is much shorter than the sponsorship one. You need a detailed description of the law that was broken (I googled the code next to my charge and printed out the whole US law describing it from a website), the state clearance and a few forms I think. The most stressful part of it is writing out a full description of the situation surrounding the arrest and also why you're rehabilitated and what you learned from the process or something to that extent. Do a bit of googling around criminal rehab apps and read up on how to word it properly and make sure you're including everything they're looking for. I read a few attorney's websites that detailed out what they would be looking to see in your descriptions. Since you already have state police sheet, you could feasibly do the rest in a day. I did it just in case and don't regret it.
Sorry I meant how long did it take to put together the sponsorship application.

ryanntheredhead

Star Member
Feb 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2016
Doc's Request.
29-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-06-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
13-10-2016
LANDED..........
17-10-2016
tigermilo said:
Sorry I meant how long did it take to put together the sponsorship application.
Oh that one...a long time haha. Obviously the longest part is gathering all the info, especially because I found I would get two forms done, start back up on them the next day then find I did something wrong or my info was changed (like an old address or the form wasn't the newest one which I think happened back in Feb). All in all, it probably took me a solid two months to get it all together. And since I did outland so I could cross the border, I made two hard copies of everything to travel with and saved all documents to my computer and a flash drive. Inevitably I would print a form thinking it was done then have to go back and change it because I did all of the paperwork while my boyfriend was at work so facts got lost in messaging. Certain things that took time were trying to find the correct info, asking my family back home, and asking questions here before going back to paperwork.

In short, about two months of every day work to get it all together.

tigermilo

Star Member
Oct 1, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
11/26/2016
AOR Received.
12/03/2016
File Transfer...
12/12/2016 (Received SA)
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
11/22/2017
VISA ISSUED...
12/01/2017
LANDED..........
12/23/2017
ryanntheredhead said:
Oh that one...a long time haha. Obviously the longest part is gathering all the info, especially because I found I would get two forms done, start back up on them the next day then find I did something wrong or my info was changed (like an old address or the form wasn't the newest one which I think happened back in Feb). All in all, it probably took me a solid two months to get it all together. And since I did outland so I could cross the border, I made two hard copies of everything to travel with and saved all documents to my computer and a flash drive. Inevitably I would print a form thinking it was done then have to go back and change it because I did all of the paperwork while my boyfriend was at work so facts got lost in messaging. Certain things that took time were trying to find the correct info, asking my family back home, and asking questions here before going back to paperwork.

In short, about two months of every day work to get it all together.
My husband and I are in that long process of gathering things. We just finished all our forms. We have all almost all of our supporting documents (we have to get his FBI clearance and I'm still waiting for my option C printout). We have all of our photos and phone bills and text messages in word documents (now I just have to print them all). I feel like we're almost done getting everything together but I feel like I'm missing something.