Dec. 15, 2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
Feb. 5, 2018
LANDED..........
March 6, 2018
aeah said:
Hi.

I reviewed eCAS today and saw:

1. We received your application for permanent residence on June 27, 2016.
2. We started processing your application on September 20, 2016.
3. Medical results have been received.

I checked eCAS last week but line #2 wasn't there yet. Anybody who knows what this means? Has anyone seen this in their eCAS as well?

Thanks!
Presumably they started working on your file at the VO. I have that line as well, but I got it in August.

pmc92

Star Member
Jul 30, 2016
Dorchester, New Brunswick, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-2016
Doc's Request.
27-09-2016
File Transfer...
17-08-2016
Med's Done....
06-05-2016
Interview........
Waived - DM 23-01-2017
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2017
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
My wife received an email from Ankara VO today, requesting she send them a completed IMM 5562 travel information form.

My question is: Can she send them the requested document using their webform (case specific enquiry) or does it have to be sent by post?

Has anyone else been asked to send this to Ankara?

Thanks. :)

Lookfast

Star Member
Jul 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2016
AOR Received.
19-07-2016
File Transfer...
Sa and file transfer 24Nov2016. Aor2 12 December
Med's Done....
11-03-2016
Passport Req..
Waiting ?
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting ?
LANDED..........
Soon
Help help help

Hi everyone
Yesterday cic send me my file and attach
A latter your representative is not authorised in Canada
Apply without representative or appoint authorised representative
Now please tell me can I send this file to without representative?
Can I removed both of representative form from my file ?

Puffball

Star Member
Jun 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2016
pmc92 said:
My wife received an email from Ankara VO today, requesting she send them a completed IMM 5562 travel information form.

My question is: Can she send them the requested document using their webform (case specific enquiry) or does it have to be sent by post?

Unfortunately can't advise anything ..(but its great..as they are working on your app :) ) just have a question: did you have this form listed in the country specific instructions?

fleuredeflorida

Jan 23, 2016
I have a few questions about what happens after COPR and during landing that I hope someone can answer. :)

I am currently in Canada as a visitor but plan to leave next week to visit my family in Florida. I initially planned to stay through the holidays and return to Canada to officially land as a permanent resident after Christmas. However, my wife and I have been talking about changing those plans so that I come back to land in middle of October, so after about 2 weeks in FL. I would then go back down for Thanksgiving. My first question is are there any initial restrictions on traveling in and out the country for permanent residents? I know that I have to maintain residency in Canada for 2 years, and my COPR says as a condition of my permanent resident I must cohabitate with my spouse for 2 years- but does this mean I can't leave Canada at all for 2 years? Not even for short visits elsewhere?

My second question is how do I obtain a permanent resident card? Its not super clear from the letter that came with COPR and I thought I had read before on this message board that some people can get the card on the spot at Pearson or another port of entry? Is this true, or do I need to mail off for one? How long does it take usually to receive it? I have read from CIC that as a permanent resident you cannot travel without this card, so it seems like I can't leave again after landing without having the permanent resident card. Is that correct?

As always I so appreciate the responses and advice from this board! CIC doesn't do the worst job with their information but it's not super clear either, in my opinion, and this board has truly been a lifesaver for making sense of this whole process!!

itsasyn17

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2016
AOR Received.
07-07-2016
IELTS Request
Background check started 29-08-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016 In Process 25-08-2016
Med's Done....
18-04-2016 Passed
Passport Req..
ECAS Decision Made: 15-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2016, returned to Ottawa, waiting for new COPRs
Lookfast said:
Help help help

Hi everyone
Yesterday cic send me my file and attach
A latter your representative is not authorised in Canada
Apply without representative or appoint authorised representative
Now please tell me can I send this file to without representative?
Can I removed both of representative form from my file ?
Fill out the Use of Representative form here...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

and send it through a case specific enquiry or follow the directions in the letter to send it.

I hope this helps.

itsasyn17

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2016
AOR Received.
07-07-2016
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
18-04-2016 Passed
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
fleuredeflorida said:
I have a few questions about what happens after COPR and during landing that I hope someone can answer. :)

I am currently in Canada as a visitor but plan to leave next week to visit my family in Florida. I initially planned to stay through the holidays and return to Canada to officially land as a permanent resident after Christmas. However, my wife and I have been talking about changing those plans so that I come back to land in middle of October, so after about 2 weeks in FL. I would then go back down for Thanksgiving. My first question is are there any initial restrictions on traveling in and out the country for permanent residents? I know that I have to maintain residency in Canada for 2 years, and my COPR says as a condition of my permanent resident I must cohabitate with my spouse for 2 years- but does this mean I can't leave Canada at all for 2 years? Not even for short visits elsewhere?

My second question is how do I obtain a permanent resident card? Its not super clear from the letter that came with COPR and I thought I had read before on this message board that some people can get the card on the spot at Pearson or another port of entry? Is this true, or do I need to mail off for one? How long does it take usually to receive it? I have read from CIC that as a permanent resident you cannot travel without this card, so it seems like I can't leave again after landing without having the permanent resident card. Is that correct?

As always I so appreciate the responses and advice from this board! CIC doesn't do the worst job with their information but it's not super clear either, in my opinion, and this board has truly been a lifesaver for making sense of this whole process!!
Yes, you can leave Canada for short visits.

They will mail you the PR card after landing. It has been taking 4-6 weeks from what I have read on the forum. If you leave before the card arrives and you plan to fly...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/travel.asp

Congratulations on your COPR!!

itsasyn17

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2016
AOR Received.
07-07-2016
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
18-04-2016 Passed
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
fleuredeflorida said:

Here is an answer from a more experienced member...

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/when-landed-but-no-pr-card-yet-can-one-still-travel-by-air-without-problem-t453644.0.html

Ahmelina23

Sep 7, 2016
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2016
File Transfer...
August 2, 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Dec. 15, 2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
Feb. 5, 2018
LANDED..........
March 6, 2018
pmc92 said:

Interesting, they don't really need travel history since it's a PR. I guess they want more info)

Sorry, can't answer your question because I haven't received any requests from Ankara yet. Hopefully someone from here can help you!

pmc92

Star Member
Jul 30, 2016
Dorchester, New Brunswick, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-2016
Doc's Request.
27-09-2016
File Transfer...
17-08-2016
Med's Done....
06-05-2016
Interview........
Waived - DM 23-01-2017
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2017
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
Puffball said:
Unfortunately can't advise anything ..(but its great..as they are working on your app :) ) just have a question: did you have this form listed in the country specific instructions?
I read through the guide carefully and I don't remember seeing mention of this form. Anyhow, my wife will be using Ankara's webform for case specific enquiry as well as sending them a hard copy by post. :)

Hypno73

Sep 23, 2014
gkountouris said:
Congrads Hypno..Can you please inform me how long took your PR confirmation mail from Rome?

Thanks
In all the time was 3 1/2 months. I had everything upfront and was not requested anything ie. passport. My VO was rome and wife is an Italian citizen.

gkountouris

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 July 2016
AOR Received.
AOR 2 : 23 Aug 2016
File Transfer...
25 Aug 2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Nope....
VISA ISSUED...
09/02/2017
Hypno73 said:
In all the time was 3 1/2 months. I had everything upfront and was not requested anything ie. passport. My VO was rome and wife is an Italian citizen.
So from AOR 2 until PPR i took you 3 1/2 months or the whole proccedure from AOR1 untill PR ?
Thank you

chiiii

Sep 9, 2016
they rcved my application june 14, today i just emailed them the proof of payment for ROPR. i really did not know i had to pay this aswel
could this be the reason too why untill now i did not hear anything from them?

faizalb13

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-June-2016
AOR Received.
24-June-2016
File Transfer...
10-August-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Hey my wife received an email today saying to do remedical of chest and they said that they send a letter on may 19 but but my wife didnt recive it and today they send a email saying to do remedical on the email her old name was use she changed her name before she went for medical and for some reason i put the work on june 7 but they send a letter on may 19 but the application nimber is the same

chiiii

Sep 9, 2016
chiiii said:
they rcved my application june 14, today i just emailed them the proof of payment for ROPR. i really did not know i had to pay this aswel
could this be the reason too why untill now i did not hear anything from them?
today i recieved msg through CIC that they need the payment for RPRF . thanks God i paid already yesterday. i am releieve finally an update from them
so atleast i know they working on my paper now.