25-10-2016
AOR Received.
25-06-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Hi all,

I too am waiting! Have had no movement whatsoever on our file. Any updates we get through our MP states they have not initiated Background check or Criminal check. They quoted that although the website says 12 months processing, it could take up to 15 months. My husbands medical has expired and they were aware of this. They have not contacted him to renew the medical or to come for an interview. We are being processed in the Ukraine where he is a Permanent Resident there. So depressed and heartbroken why it's taking so long.

hi there
what they say on their web page doesn't mean anything, Iranian should be getting their visa around 8 months and I have been waiting 14 months so far, as they said to my MP is that everything is moving but how long it will take no one knows, it is sad and it take so much energy out of all of us , so you are not alone my dear, we have no choice but to hang in there, we keep our fingers together and hopefully we will all hear something soon. keep up your energy we all need good , positive energy. :)

Reactions: DAbughalioun

Sara Joon

Star Member
Feb 10, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
Doc's Request.
25-10-2016
AOR Received.
25-06-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
awww thats sucks that we are all going through this, hopefully soon will end for all of us :) thanks sara joon for reply
you are welcome my dear, we will be OK :)

Reactions: vidaj

Lebron-J

Jun 16, 2016
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
19-07-2016
AOR Received.
10-08-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-03-2018
LANDED..........
29-03-2018
Any updates for the June applicants who passed the 12 months already?

Jalisse

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
Visa Office......
Mexico
Hello, thought I drop in here. Just want to know if there are ppl still waiting to have everything finalized. I'm applying through Mexico VO. And still waiting. Sept will be a year since they started application in Mexico (I applied in June 2016) I did all the checks and passed interview back in February. And silence ever since. I've emailed the VO and they say everything is fine. Still waiting for ARC request. Wondering when the wait will be over and get this done with.

adt83

Oct 5, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
02/14/2017
File Transfer...
10-02-2017
Med's Done....
Done Upfront
Interview........
06/10/2017
Passport Req..
06/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
06/10/2017
LANDED..........
23/09/2017
Hello, thought I drop in here. Just want to know if there are ppl still waiting to have everything finalized. I'm applying through Mexico VO. And still waiting. Sept will be a year since they started application in Mexico (I applied in June 2016) I did all the checks and passed interview back in February. And silence ever since. I've emailed the VO and they say everything is fine. Still waiting for ARC request. Wondering when the wait will be over and get this done with.
Hi Jalisse,

Wow! What a long wait. Has your sponsor tried contacting their local MP since it's been over a year since you've applied and 6 months since you had your interview? I'm also curious- were you asked for an RCMP fingerprint record, and how long did it take for you to get it if you did?

Jalisse

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
Visa Office......
Mexico
Hi Jalisse,

Wow! What a long wait. Has your sponsor tried contacting their local MP since it's been over a year since you've applied and 6 months since you had your interview? I'm also curious- were you asked for an RCMP fingerprint record, and how long did it take for you to get it if you did?
No I havent asked the MP. Lawyer advises against it. I've contacted Mexican visa office and they say they will let us know. Arc is probably what's delaying things. Yes did all checks. RCMP took about a month and a half. That got all done in march. Hoping in a month or so something moves

Reactions: adt83

adt83

Oct 5, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
02/14/2017
File Transfer...
10-02-2017
Med's Done....
Done Upfront
Interview........
06/10/2017
Passport Req..
06/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
06/10/2017
LANDED..........
23/09/2017
No I havent asked the MP. Lawyer advises against it. I've contacted Mexican visa office and they say they will let us know. Arc is probably what's delaying things. Yes did all checks. RCMP took about a month and a half. That got all done in march. Hoping in a month or so something moves
I pray you hear something soon. What kind or removal order had previously been issued to require an ARC?

Ahmelina23

Sep 7, 2016
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2016
File Transfer...
August 2, 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Dec. 15, 2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
Feb. 5, 2018
LANDED..........
March 6, 2018
For those of you who are still waiting for PPR, especially if you're stuck in security screening:

"Finally our petition is live on the Parliament website and is official. The deadline is in 120 days from today so will be open till end of Jan but please sign as soon as you can and please spread the word between friends and families (the signer does not have to be a sponsor). Please note this petition is legal and is sponsored by the member of parliament Ms. Jenny Kwan: https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/Petition/Details?Petition=e-1263
    • Signatures of non-citizens who are not resident in Canada are not counted.
    • There is no minimum age requirement to sign a petition.
    • The information supplied must include the signatory’s:
      • name;
      • unique e-mail address (an e-mail address may only be associated with one signatory);
      • country and, if within Canada, postal code and province or territory; and
      • telephone number."

DAbughalioun

Jun 26, 2017
Now into month 18 of the application process. Had our interview in August and passed, I am so depressed and heart broken being away from my husband for so long. What is wrong with our Government to keep us in pain like this. It’s so unfair when we have provided so much info and followed every request and rule and begged and prayed to have our loves here but still nothing! Why do they make us suffer so much. They fast track this person and that person but we sign documents to sponsor our husbands and wives and desperately need our spouses and agree knowing full well we will be responsible for them to be upstanding contributors to our community. I am Canadian and my Country has just put me through the most heart breaking 18 months. Other countries would have a husband and wife together within 6-8months. As spouses we are at the bottom of their Shoes. My heart breaks every minute of the day, I am broken and stressed and suffering but it means nothing.

Reactions: Ang.jul

Ahmelina23

Sep 7, 2016
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2016
File Transfer...
August 2, 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Dec. 15, 2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
Feb. 5, 2018
LANDED..........
March 6, 2018
Now into month 18 of the application process. Had our interview in August and passed, I am so depressed and heart broken being away from my husband for so long. What is wrong with our Government to keep us in pain like this. It’s so unfair when we have provided so much info and followed every request and rule and begged and prayed to have our loves here but still nothing! Why do they make us suffer so much. They fast track this person and that person but we sign documents to sponsor our husbands and wives and desperately need our spouses and agree knowing full well we will be responsible for them to be upstanding contributors to our community. I am Canadian and my Country has just put me through the most heart breaking 18 months. Other countries would have a husband and wife together within 6-8months. As spouses we are at the bottom of their Shoes. My heart breaks every minute of the day, I am broken and stressed and suffering but it means nothing.
You're absolutely right! And you're not alone, there are still many of us who've been waiting for 18 months and even more.
Words don't do justice to what I feel at the moment, but I believe that PPR will finally arrive very soon, hopefully before this year ends!

DAbughalioun

Jun 26, 2017
You're absolutely right! And you're not alone, there are still many of us who've been waiting for 18 months and even more.
Words don't do justice to what I feel at the moment, but I believe that PPR will finally arrive very soon, hopefully before this year ends!
You just made me burst into tears, I pray that you are right because I am dying. I have been asked to run for an MP position where I live because of my contact with my local MP and I can’t even think of this until my husband is here. I would never want anyone to accuse me of using it to get him here, but I can guarantee that when I run and am elected, my focus will be with immigration and trying to help them fix this because to put our Canadian people through this, is embarrassing and we deserve better than this. We work hard and live within the rules of our Country because we are proud of what we have here. And when we choose our spouses, we choose wisely and carefully, no one wants to be used or “duped” into bringing someone here to take advantage of us, we learned from all that happened in the past when so many came in and were not legitimate relationships. Our Government even said they see that the majority of Spousal Sponsorships are truly Legitimate, they need to work with us, not against us. I wish they could see how much pain we are in.

Reactions: Ang.jul

I.baig

Dec 17, 2017
All my friends and supporters are saying to go to the Media now. So many people are in the same situation.
Hi, sorry to hear about ur situation. I have been waiting for my spouse application as well will be 18 months on dec 22! Sad thing is i myself am an employee of the federal govt and citizen for past 10 years yet my wife’s visitor was declined and sponsorship has been 18 months now. Gckey still says in process. Mp office called and said they r waiting for final security verification (whatever that means) we now have a child born abroad. VO is london. I am currently overseas to be with my spouse on parental leave. I am 100% to go to the media to expose the incompetence of this department and lies and fake promises of this government! Question is does anyone know any high profile journalist who would be willing to publish this?