+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2014 - CEC applications

cecjun09

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
Any MP helped out any one to move the file forward?
I reached out 2 times MP now and got the same response that wait for 60 days all the time. even without MP also they are giving the same response so don't know how can they help us.
I pity on us as we were the most effected due to 1> Express entry 2> PAN AM games 3> Elections

akpr83

Star Member
Jul 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-March-2016
LANDED..........
20-March-2016
cecjun09 said:
Any MP helped out any one to move the file forward?
I reached out 2 times MP now and got the same response that wait for 60 days all the time. even without MP also they are giving the same response so don't know how can they help us.
I pity on us as we were the most effected due to 1> Express entry 2> PAN AM games 3> Elections
4> Refugees Immigration 5> CIC staff shortage (see the CIC ads give for Intern hiring) 6> Lack of commitment for old applicant 7> Unfair policies & processes..... :mad:

cecpet

Oct 14, 2014
c2h5oh said:
Status of my application has changed to decision made sometime between Friday (the last time I've checked) and today.

So, assuming decision was made on Saturday:
- it's exactly 20 months since they've received my application
- it's 18.5 months since AOR
- it's exactly 11 months since I've done my medicals
- it's 10.5 months since I've provided CIC with the last documents they've requested from me (common-law assessment questionnaire)
- it's exactly 4 months since I've paid RPRF upfront

Additional info:
- I'm from visa exempt country
- My application was rock-solid - no second review -> "recommended pass" from the start
- Full timeline -> see my profile info next to this post

I have not received any communication from CIC about this decision yet, but with RPRF paid upfront and me being from a visa exempt country I expect none - my COPR should just show up in the mail.
Hi C2H5oH,

Congrats man, I know you have waited long.

Best Wishes for everyone, Hope everyone will hear soon.. I know this wait is killing us.

j.lynnbrant1987

Dec 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2014
Doc's Request.
11-19-2015
AOR Received.
07-28-2014
Med's Done....
Feb 6 2015
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt - Decision Made: 02/09/2016
akpr83 said:
Yes I called. I am June 19, 2014 applicant and now they can only take any action in June 2016. When I called last time, it was May 2016.

I don't even have words to praise CIC work..
Don't spread this kind of information around. It has zero validity. If that were the case then NO ONE in June/July/August/Sept/Oct would be getting updates and that is not the case. This may be the case for your specific file but don't make other people worry for no reason. There have been many many many June applicants who have received and are still receiving PPR and COPR.

cecpet

Oct 14, 2014
j.lynnbrant1987 said:
Don't spread this kind of information around. It has zero validity. If that were the case then NO ONE in June/July/August/Sept/Oct would be getting updates and that is not the case. This may be the case for your specific file but don't make other people worry for no reason. There have been many many many June applicants who have received and are still receiving PPR and COPR.
Yes that's true.

Also Lynnbrant, what the reason you did not received your COPR. Did you checked with CIC Call centre agents ?

j.lynnbrant1987

Dec 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2014
Doc's Request.
11-19-2015
AOR Received.
07-28-2014
Med's Done....
Feb 6 2015
Passport Req..
cecpet said:
Yes that's true.

Also Lynnbrant, what the reason you did not received your COPR. Did you checked with CIC Call centre agents ?
We've been calling at least once every 2 weeks, they just keep saying to wait. They don't need any extra documents etc. so we aren't sure what the hold up is. His medicals expire next month though so I really hope they aren't waiting just so they can ask him to re-do them. We are expecting his COPR any day now but the waiting is becoming very painful. He is from a visa exempt country so we aren't expecting PPR, he got the RPRF request back in November and paid it immediately, and also they requested a new schedule A and PCC in November which he submitted immediately as well. We just ordered GCMS notes today so hopefully either we get his papers before they come in or they come in and give us some insight. Call agents are useless.

akpr83

Star Member
Jul 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-March-2016
LANDED..........
20-March-2016
j.lynnbrant1987 said:
Call CIC agent and ask when they can take next action on file....you will be having an answer (as of today June 2016). We should keep hope but that's the fact buddy as like others I am also waiting for PR.

Astro.CA

Jan 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2014
AOR Received.
16-07-2014
Med's Request
22-01-2015
Med's Done....
26-01-2015
Passport Req..
09-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2016
LANDED..........
31-03-2016
akpr83 said:
Call CIC agent and ask when they can take next action on file....you will be having an answer (as of today June 2016). We should keep hope but that's the fact buddy as like others I am also waiting for PR.
Hey akpr83 CIC Call Center doesn't rank high on the credibility scale.

j.lynnbrant1987

Dec 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2014
Doc's Request.
11-19-2015
AOR Received.
07-28-2014
Med's Done....
Feb 6 2015
Passport Req..
akpr83 said:
I think you may have misunderstood them. Not only did we talk to them on the phone today and they did not say such a thing but that makes absolutely no sense. That would mean there would be no MR requests being sent out which there have been a tonne of lately as well as rprf and people getting pprs.

cecpet

Oct 14, 2014
j.lynnbrant1987 said:
We've been calling at least once every 2 weeks, they just keep saying to wait. They don't need any extra documents etc. so we aren't sure what the hold up is. His medicals expire next month though so I really hope they aren't waiting just so they can ask him to re-do them. We are expecting his COPR any day now but the waiting is becoming very painful. He is from a visa exempt country so we aren't expecting PPR, he got the RPRF request back in November and paid it immediately, and also they requested a new schedule A and PCC in November which he submitted immediately as well. We just ordered GCMS notes today so hopefully either we get his papers before they come in or they come in and give us some insight. Call agents are useless.
Yea you should order the notes in Starting of Jan, because he did not received any response after November and GCMS notes is the best way in my opinion to see something in file, as CIC agents very rarely you will find good who can tell you what is going on.
I believe right now they are doing criminal check on his file, you should keep them calling and you can send case specific enquiry also you can send them an e-mail to ottawa office. These are the only option you can do may be they will take some action.

Best of luck.

akpr83

Star Member
Jul 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-March-2016
LANDED..........
20-March-2016
j.lynnbrant1987 said:
I think you may have misunderstood them. Not only did we talk to them on the phone today and they did not say such a thing but that makes absolutely no sense. That would mean there would be no MR requests being sent out which there have been a tonne of lately as well as rprf and people getting pprs.
I have called today around 1:00 PM EST

j.lynnbrant1987

Dec 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2014
Doc's Request.
11-19-2015
AOR Received.
07-28-2014
Med's Done....
Feb 6 2015
Passport Req..
cecpet said:
Yea you should order the notes in Starting of Jan, because he did not received any response after November and GCMS notes is the best way in my opinion to see something in file, as CIC agents very rarely you will find good who can tell you what is going on.
I believe right now they are doing criminal check on his file, you should keep them calling and you can send case specific enquiry also you can send them an e-mail to ottawa office. These are the only option you can do may be they will take some action.

Best of luck.
Thanks for your response! As far as I know they are doing criminality check but holy how long does that take?? It's been 2 months since he submitted it. And it's his second one. But hopefully it's near the end. We requested gcms notes and sent in a case specific enquiry today. What is the email address to contact Ottawa?

weijilu

May 11, 2015
Hey Everyone,

I just have a question about landing.

Has anyone heard of in-city landing?
My friend told me about this. What I heard is that we can finish landing in some kind of office instead of going to Niagara Fall. I'm in Toronto by the way. My friend did not tell me too much detail because she actually went to Niagara Fall.

Vedder

Nov 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2014
Doc's Request.
14-04-2015
AOR Received.
17-10-2014
Med's Done....
30-10-2015
weijilu said:
Hey Everyone,

I just have a question about landing.

Has anyone heard of in-city landing?
My friend told me about this. What I heard is that we can finish landing in some kind of office instead of going to Niagara Fall. I'm in Toronto by the way. My friend did not tell me too much detail because she actually went to Niagara Fall.
Someone recently posted on this forum that they had arranged a landing at Etobicoke- it took him/her ~ 3 weeks to arrange.