+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2014 - CEC applications

hssam

Star Member
Jan 30, 2014
may4ank said:
felt bad for you. Not sure why they rejected your WP. I got second one approved successfully in mid Nov(applied on july 01)
thnks for ur concern!
I have a question for you though!

Do you have eligibility marked as "Passed" in your GCMS notes ?
Maybe you have progress in your PR file that is why they have accepted your BOWP.
Also you have got your PPR right ? so maybe they are more confident on your file.

I have not yet received PPR or any more update on my PR application.
Hopefully there are no issues in it atleast.

GAGZ13

Nov 25, 2015
I have one question currently now i am in canada if i will go back to india and come after 2 weeks with my wife to do landing at the airport. Do i require funds to show them right now i am currentlt

hssam

Star Member
Jan 30, 2014
GAGZ13 said:
I have one question currently now i am in canada if i will go back to india and come after 2 weeks with my wife to do landing at the airport. Do i require funds to show them right now i am currentlt
If you are working here already, I think most probably no!
But if it is a fresh entry or an entry after few months then maybe it is good to have it one.

In theory, they ask for this before giving you Visa and once they issue one, you should be all good to come but
Anyways with CIC it is always good to take a defensive approach.

Keep your bank statement and other documents ready just to be safe.

GAGZ13

Nov 25, 2015
thanx hssam i am a june 14 applicant i am currently working here but i am going to india to get my wife here.

may4ank

Nov 23, 2014
Canada
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
18-11-2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
hssam said:
thnks for ur concern!
I have a question for you though!

Do you have eligibility marked as "Passed" in your GCMS notes ?
Maybe you have progress in your PR file that is why they have accepted your BOWP.
Also you have got your PPR right ? so maybe they are more confident on your file.

I have not yet received PPR or any more update on my PR application.
Hopefully there are no issues in it atleast.

last I have applied GCMS notes in Aug(received in OCT). As there are 2 sections of eligibility

In top eligibilty was -- in progress
then
eligibility 1 - recommended pass
eligibility 2 - in-progress.

yes. I have received PPR on dec1 and RPRF on nov 20

CanJune2014

Star Member
Mar 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2014
AOR Received.
21-07-2014
File Transfer...
05-08-2014
Med's Request
22-01-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015
Passport Req..
COPR received 24-12-2015
LANDED..........
12-01-2016
I'm a June 9th applicant. Paid my rprf fee upfront in February this year. From my last GCMS notes in October, my eligibility is recommended passed. Criminality in progress, security in progress and Medical passed. I know that the medical lasts for 2 years and from my notes, my medical eligibility up to Feb 2016. If I don't get COPR (from visa exempt country) and I'm still 'in process' by then, would I get called to go for a medical again?

karthi44

Feb 8, 2015
cecjun09 said:
don't worry, Normal time frame is 30 days to submit the passports. However you can send an email to CIC explaining your concern if you can't submit with in the thirty days , they will extend the date.
Hi,

I received reply from CIC stating my CoPR is valid till 2Mar2016 and before the day i need move in Canada with my family members.
So they want the passports immediately. And under no circumstances they will cannot extend the time.

Having a time less than 90 days is not possible for me. Atleast if i resign my job today, i will have to give a notice of 90 days and before moving into canada there are lot of stuffs to be taken care like arranging a job in Canada, etc.

What i heard from previous applicants are CIC will issue VISA which is valid for 1 year. But it is totally different in my case.
Please can any one throw some way forward

karthi44

Feb 8, 2015
Can any one tell me to which address we need to send our passports for VISA stamping. I could see 2 addresses in the mail from CIC.

This is the mail from CIC:
· If you have a mailing address in Canada:
- The self-addressed, pre-paid Xpresspost envelope is from Canada Post. Please note that we will not return documents to a Canadian address via any other courier.
- Submit all documents by mail in a single package and send to the following address:
CPC – Ottawa – PR
PO Box 9780
Ottawa ON
K1G 4B9

· If you have a mailing address in the U.S.A.:
- The self-addressed, pre-paid envelope should be arranged with a courier that delivers between Canada and the U.S.A.
- Submit all documents by mail in a single package and send to the following address:
CPC – Ottawa – PR
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1

But my mailing address is UK, so which one should i use.

karthi44

Feb 8, 2015
sonnenstern said:
Karthi44, do you have UK passports?

I am confused, which documents did you get: CoPR or Passport requests (PPR)???
Hi,
I have indian passport and at present am working in UK.
I received 'Ready for Visa' mail from CIC to submit my passports. I think while returning the passports CIC will send CoPR.
Can you tell me to which address i should send the passports

sonnenstern

Star Member
May 22, 2014
Not sure what to do in this case... Have you updated CIC with your UK address and that you currently don't reside in Canada? Shouldn't you be in contact with the canadian visa office in the UK? Maybe there are other members here who can help.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp#outside

akil_f1

Jun 15, 2013
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
2**3
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-13
AOR Received.
10-01-2014
karthi44 said:
Can any one tell me to which address we need to send our passports for VISA stamping. I could see 2 addresses in the mail from CIC.

This is the mail from CIC:
· If you have a mailing address in Canada:
- The self-addressed, pre-paid Xpresspost envelope is from Canada Post. Please note that we will not return documents to a Canadian address via any other courier.
CPC – Ottawa – PR
PO Box 9780
Ottawa ON
K1G 4B9

· If you have a mailing address in the U.S.A.:
- The self-addressed, pre-paid envelope should be arranged with a courier that delivers between Canada and the U.S.A.
CPC – Ottawa – PR
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1

But my mailing address is UK, so which one should i use.
Use the first address if you are IN canada(canada post) , use the second address which will be a courier service if you are outside of canada

sonnenstern

Star Member
May 22, 2014
I found this while googling around:

"If you or any of your family members are residing outside North America and you are unable to send your/their passport(s) to Canada and/or to provide a return mailing address in North America, contact us at CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca so that we can make arrangements to print visas at another office."

I think CPC Ottawa does not mail back passports to any country other than US and Canada. You should contact them by email!

hssam

Star Member
Jan 30, 2014
may4ank said:
last I have applied GCMS notes in Aug(received in OCT). As there are 2 sections of eligibility

In top eligibilty was -- in progress
then
eligibility 1 - recommended pass
eligibility 2 - in-progress.

yes. I have received PPR on dec1 and RPRF on nov 20
I have received my GCMS Notes on Dec 9th, 2015 and the status is exactly same. but my BOWP was refused :-(
Now Im bit worried if there is something wrong with my PR application. :-(