+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2014 - CEC applications

june23_app

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
hkcec said:
I moved to UK too! But my CoPR was sent to my Canadian address, since I wasn't sure if I will stay here so I didn't change my address.

Meanwhile I have sent my photos and passport copy to Canada House, but still haven't got back from them. I am not sure what they are going to send back to me, I just followed the instructions and included a return envelope. Any ideas? (I'm from visa exempt country)
Were you specifically asked to send it to Canada House rather than the Canada Visa Application Centre in Wilson St?
Did you email Ottawa to ask them to resend the COPR to your current address via the London office?

june23_app

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
cecapp14 said:
It does look like that has been issued by Ottawa but sent by London, indeed.
I did my medicals back in February, then nothing for months. I've received RPRF payment request on July and asked to update my mailing address as well. Apparently they missed the email and in September they sent me a final notice. Replied to that, after few weeks I received the instructions to provide the final information. I put together all the paper, sent to London office and in 2 weeks I got the COPR.
Thanks for the info. Do you have a deadline in your COPR by which you need to land in Canada?

cecapp14

Star Member
May 7, 2014
hkcec said:
I moved to UK too! But my CoPR was sent to my Canadian address, since I wasn't sure if I will stay here so I didn't change my address.

Meanwhile I have sent my photos and passport copy to Canada House, but still haven't got back from them. I am not sure what they are going to send back to me, I just followed the instructions and included a return envelope. Any ideas? (I'm from visa exempt country)
When did you send your paper to Canada House? It took about 2 weeks for me to get the documents back (probably slightly less).
I am also from a Visa exempt country, and I have also just followed instructions and included a return envelope (special delivery 1 pm).

june23_app

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
cecapp14 said:
Yep, middle of February. I am planning to go to Canada middle of January
Thanks for the info. That means you need to land by the time your medical expires. Hope you get all the info straightened soon.

Camq

Star Member
Jan 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-2014
Doc's Request.
03-2015--PCC
AOR Received.
07-2014
Med's Request
01-2015
Passport Req..
10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-2015
LANDED..........
11-2015
sonnenstern said:
Hey folks,

what is your intake on the 1-year validity of our medical test. I had mine early february 2015, and some people even end of January 2015 (ASTRO.CA etc). If we don't receive COPR/landing papers before the end of 2015, will they make us repeat the medical? Or will they decide based on where we live (eg for inside of of canada applications, no repeat is necessary, but for outside of Canada applications they will request a second medical?

I am kind of worried as my medical will expire in 3 months and there has been dead silence only.... what do other members think?
As long you dont leave the country your medicals and PCC still will be valid. No need to worry. :). My medicals was expired in july 2015. I just did my landing last week. Plus COPR visa had 1 yrs validity from issue date.

cec14

Mar 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2014
IELTS Request
submitted with Application
Camq said:
As long you dont leave the country your medicals and PCC still will be valid. No need to worry. :). My medicals was expired in july 2015. I just did my landing last week. Plus COPR visa had 1 yrs validity from issue date.
Has anyone landed in Etobicoke office? How long it takes to get an appo, any idea??

ironmanipl

Star Member
Jul 5, 2014
cec14 said:
Has anyone landed in Etobicoke office? How long it takes to get an appo, any idea??
Just found out you have you have call center to fix the appointment, it takes min 3 to 4 weeks to get the appointment. I am thinking for going to the nearest border.

cec14

Mar 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2014
IELTS Request
submitted with Application
ironmanipl said:
Just found out you have you have call center to fix the appointment, it takes min 3 to 4 weeks to get the appointment. I am thinking for going to the nearest border.
All the best ...

hkcec

Star Member
Jul 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2014
AOR Received.
15-07-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
(Decision Made) 30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
(CoPR) 04-11-2015
LANDED..........
04-2016
june23_app said:
Were you specifically asked to send it to Canada House rather than the Canada Visa Application Centre in Wilson St?
Did you email Ottawa to ask them to resend the COPR to your current address via the London office?
I was asked to send photos and passport copy to Canada House in Trafalgar Square, never heard of the one in Wilson St....

I have already received my CoPR, my friend is going to mail it over here. One thing is, on the CoPR, the last entry port and date are what I have written on my application form. But 16 months has passed since the application was filed, they are no longer up-to-date. I think this happens to many applicants too, is it okay to leave it like this? or I have to email CPC-O for an update?

hkcec

Star Member
Jul 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2014
AOR Received.
15-07-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
(Decision Made) 30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
(CoPR) 04-11-2015
LANDED..........
04-2016
cecapp14 said:
When did you send your paper to Canada House? It took about 2 weeks for me to get the documents back (probably slightly less).
I am also from a Visa exempt country, and I have also just followed instructions and included a return envelope (special delivery 1 pm).
I sent it last week, and also included a special delivery 1 pm, tracker is not yet activated.

Since I have already received my CoPR, do you know what they will put in the return envelope?

june23_app

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
hkcec said:
I was asked to send photos and passport copy to Canada House in Trafalgar Square, never heard of the one in Wilson St....

I have already received my CoPR, my friend is going to mail it over here. One thing is, on the CoPR, the last entry port and date are what I have written on my application form. But 16 months has passed since the application was filed, they are no longer up-to-date. I think this happens to many applicants too, is it okay to leave it like this? or I have to email CPC-O for an update?
I think you're safer emailing them to verify that the incorrect into in your COPR won't cause you any problems. You're the one that can lose out. Good luck.

sreess

Sep 8, 2015
Hi Folks,

Good news. Some movement. Our time lines: We applied on June 13th, AOR JULY 30TH, Medicals Jan 2015, RPRF NOV 12, 2015.

SVB

Star Member
Jun 12, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2014
AOR Received.
12-08-2014
Med's Request
17-02-2015
Med's Done....
19-05-2015
Passport Req..
21-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2016
LANDED..........
14-01-2016
I received my second GCMS info today. The first one I received on 20-June and it's nearly five months but nothing is changed;
Eligibility: In Progress (But Eligibility Assessment 1: Recommend Passed)
Security: Not started
Criminality: In Progress
Medical: Passed

So i called the CIC call center today and asked the agent why there is nothing happening on my file. He said that there is a delay on processing my application and I am also responsible for this delay. Every time when we apply for GCMS, the officer will stop processing the file and send the file to GCMS info officer. So the file will automatically go back to previous stage. The officer may take another three to four months to touch the file again. Even though it is your right to get GCMS, it will delay the processing for minimum of three months. I am really shocked to hear this. Is it true???