+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2014 - CEC applications

sonnenstern

Star Member
May 22, 2014
I will definitely NOT do a second medical upfront, as I'm highly unwilling to fork out another $250 in addition to all the necessary costs that I already have because CIC is stalling my file (BOWP etc etc). I'm more interested if CIC would even issue the COPR when you only have a month for landing, say I would get a COPR in January and would have to land by february...

Astro.CA

Jan 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2014
AOR Received.
16-07-2014
Med's Request
22-01-2015
Med's Done....
26-01-2015
Passport Req..
09-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2016
LANDED..........
31-03-2016
sonnenstern said:
Hey folks,

what is your intake on the 1-year validity of our medical test. I had mine early february 2015, and some people even end of January 2015 (ASTRO.CA etc). If we don't receive COPR/landing papers before the end of 2015, will they make us repeat the medical? Or will they decide based on where we live (eg for inside of canada applications, no repeat is necessary, but for outside of Canada applications they will request a second medical?

I am kind of worried as my medical will expire in 3 months and there has been dead silence only.... what do other members think?

If I don't land by January 25 2016 I definitely need to do Meds again, I suspect they may also request another PCC from me since I've been outside Canada for over a year.

akil_f1

Jun 15, 2013
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
2**3
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-13
AOR Received.
10-01-2014
Astro.CA said:
If I don't land by January 25 2016 I definitely need to do Meds again, I suspect they may also request another PCC from me since I've been outside Canada for over a year.
I don't think so , if ur medicals is expired and you are within the country only , they will expend your medicals validity.

OhWow

Oct 17, 2015
I'm always thinking about the possible irony ... everyone knows that stress causes a lot of diseases. Let's say we get sick within the year of stressful waiting and have to do our meds again. :eek:

june23_app

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
Redoing medicals is one of our huge worries. It costs us $600 per person to do (if they prices haven't gone up since last February). And we need medicals done for two people. Additionally, if we've got a small window to land, we'll be paying a fortune for international flight. Sigh!

Astro.CA

Jan 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2014
AOR Received.
16-07-2014
Med's Request
22-01-2015
Med's Done....
26-01-2015
Passport Req..
09-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2016
LANDED..........
31-03-2016
june23_app said:
Redoing medicals is one of our huge worries. It costs us $600 per person to do (if they prices haven't gone up since last February). And we need medicals done for two people. Additionally, if we've got a small window to land, we'll be paying a fortune for international flight. Sigh!
which one you rather do?

june23_app

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
Astro.CA said:
which one you rather do?
If I had to choose, I'd rather have a tight deadline to land. Redoing medicals costs lots of money and also prolongs the wait.

What frustrates me is that I was given 30 days to complete my medical. And now that might put me into a tricky situation.

If they force me into redoing medicals, I'll go along. But then I'll sue them to recover costs.

cecapp14

Star Member
May 7, 2014
Got my COPR on Saturday from London UK offices, as in the meantime I moved here.
It does have a mistake in the "Original Entry date" as for me it shows a date which I did not crossed the border and it's more than one year later from my actual first entry in Canada. For my wife shows the last time she entered in Canada.

Should I ask for update it? I think I have to deal with UK office as the application has been transferred, right?

june23_app

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
cecapp14 said:
Got my COPR on Saturday from London UK offices, as in the meantime I moved here.
It does have a mistake in the "Original Entry date" as for me it shows a date which I did not crossed the border and it's more than one year later from my actual first entry in Canada. For my wife shows the last time she entered in Canada.

Should I ask for update it? I think I have to deal with UK office as the application has been transferred, right?
You're probably best of speaking to the Call Centre, or the UK Visa office. My understanding is that the COPR is administered in Ottawa, but physically sent from the UK Visa Office. So probably the mistake would've been made in Ottawa.

Can I ask what your landing deadline is? When did you do your medicals?

sab12in

Star Member
Mar 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
Doc's Request.
24-12-2014
AOR Received.
17-06-2014
Med's Request
10-12-2014
Med's Done....
15-12-2014
Passport Req..
28-10-2015
LANDED..........
21-11-2015
ironmanipl said:
Hi Guys,
Got my CoPR today. Big relief. Good luck everyone.

congrats.. when did Ottawa receive your passport and when was your tracker activated.

Thanks

Camq

Star Member
Jan 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-2014
Doc's Request.
03-2015--PCC
AOR Received.
07-2014
Med's Request
01-2015
Passport Req..
10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-2015
LANDED..........
11-2015
sonnenstern said:
Hey folks,

what is your intake on the 1-year validity of our medical test. I had mine early february 2015, and some people even end of January 2015 (ASTRO.CA etc). If we don't receive COPR/landing papers before the end of 2015, will they make us repeat the medical? Or will they decide based on where we live (eg for inside of of canada applications, no repeat is necessary, but for outside of Canada applications they will request a second medical?

I am kind of worried as my medical will expire in 3 months and there has been dead silence only.... what do other members think?
As long you dont leave the country your medicals and PCC still valid. Not need to worry. :). My medical was expired in july 2015. I just did my landing last week.

hkcec

Star Member
Jul 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2014
AOR Received.
15-07-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
(Decision Made) 30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
(CoPR) 04-11-2015
LANDED..........
04-2016
cecapp14 said:

I moved to UK too! But my CoPR was sent to my Canadian address, since I wasn't sure if I will stay here so I didn't change my address.

Meanwhile I have sent my photos and passport copy to Canada House, but still haven't got back from them. I am not sure what they are going to send back to me, I just followed the instructions and included a return envelope. Any ideas? (I'm from visa exempt country)

cecapp14

Star Member
May 7, 2014
june23_app said:
You're probably best of speaking to the Call Centre, or the UK Visa office. My understanding is that the COPR is administered in Ottawa, but physically sent from the UK Visa Office. So probably the mistake would've been made in Ottawa.

Can I ask what your landing deadline is? When did you do your medicals?
It does look like that has been issued by Ottawa but sent by London, indeed.
I did my medicals back in February, then nothing for months. I've received RPRF payment request on July and asked to update my mailing address as well. Apparently they missed the email and in September they sent me a final notice. Replied to that, after few weeks I received the instructions to provide the final information. I put together all the paper, sent to London office and in 2 weeks I got the COPR.