+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2014 - CEC applications

bbsos

Star Member
Oct 1, 2011
weijilu said:
Hey everyone,

I'm a June applicant, still waiting for MR.

I sent my file on June 10th, 2014 and file number received on July 28th. After that nothing heard from the office. I ordered the GCMS Notes in March 2015 and the notes says Current Medical status: in progress. RECOMMENDATION: Appears to meet requirements.

Eligibility Assessment 1: Recommended Passed (Type: Eligibility CEC)
Eligibility Assessment 2: Not Started (Type: Ministerial Instructions)
Security not started, due date 2015/07/29
Criminality in progress, due date 2015/07/29

My lawyer also help me to send a few additional documents like 2014 T4, 2014 NOA and new criminal record, and these has been done in May.

After that, still heard nothing from the immigration office, no emails, no phone calls.

I'm thinking to order the GCMS notes again. Is it possible that the status on the notes will change from "Recommended to Pass" to "Required review by the officer"?

I'm very worried about that. Seniors please advise.

Another questions is the Eligibility Assessment 2: Not Started (Type: Ministerial Instructions). What does this mean? My eligibility assessment has not done yet?
Hi Weijilu,

Looks like you are not under second review but somehow didn't get MR. (weird but no surprising cuz CIC is able to mess up the processing in every creative way.)

Your Eligibility Assessment 1 was recommended to pass so things are most likely to be fine.

Eligibility assessment 2 basically means a VO will assess the case one more time and make a final decision on if the applicant is qualified.

A lot of us non-second review people have also been waiting for EA 2 to kick off for 5-7 months. Aside from that we got MR in January and February while you didn't, we are otherwise on the same page.

Have you ever contacted CIC and got any feedback? Don't rely on your lawyer but do it yourself. The call center is pretty much useless but try ask them directly when was the last time your file was reviewed, what the current status is, and why you haven't received MR. Try email too. Good luck.

bbsos

Star Member
Oct 1, 2011
june23_app said:
I don't mean to be disrespectful here bbsos, but if you think that CIC, and at the same time Canadians, don't like immigrants, why would you be applying for permanent residency? Why choose a country that doesn't like you? Why not go somewhere else instead?

I have been nothing but welcomed by everyone, even by border officials (a massive contrast to what happens in the US). My experience in Canada has been truly amazing and that's why I want to become a permanent resident.

The processes leave a lot to be desired, but these are just the processes, not Canadians hating immigrants.
Of course not every Canadian hates immigrants. Every person is different. Also everyone's experience is different. A different boarder official might have a completed different attitude, and someone else might think border officials in the US are nicer. Just like some call center agents are nicer or ruder than the others.

So shouldn't really argue that on a personal basis. It doesn't matter if Canadians keep a smile face when seeing us or not. If you go to CIC Ottawa today you might be greeted very warmly by some reception girl but that doesn't mean anything. That's more about "politeness".

The quality of their processing we've all experienced and all kinds of irrational performances, prove that we are treated as second-class residents, because we have no right to vote and so they can't care less what we think and what we say. They rarely do that to their own citizens. That's the real difference.

june23_app

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
bbsos said:
Of course not every Canadian hates immigrants. Every person is different. Also everyone's experience is different. A different boarder official might have a completed different attitude, and someone else might think border officials in the US are nicer. Just like some call center agents are nicer or ruder than the others.

So shouldn't really argue that on a personal basis. It doesn't matter if Canadians keep a smile face when seeing us or not. If you go to CIC Ottawa today you might be greeted very warmly by some reception girl but that doesn't mean anything. That's more about "politeness".

The quality of their processing we've all experienced and all kinds of irrational performances, prove that we are treated as second-class residents, because we have no right to vote and so they can't care less what we think and what we say. They rarely do that to their own citizens. That's the real difference.
I can't think of a single western country that allows non-citizens or non-permanent residents to vote. There is a reason why that is a rule, and depending on your attachment to the country you get additional privileges/benefits. This doesn't mean that you're a second-class resident and doesn't mean that they don't like immigrants.

I think the experience we've had so far with CIC is a result of the increase of applications and bad processes. Individual visa officers can't solve this problem, all they can do is go though the backlog, in whatever crazy way the files land on their desks. What they need is an overhaul of the system, but unfortunately we won't see that happen for our current applications.

bbsos

Star Member
Oct 1, 2011
june23_app said:
I can't think of a single western country that allows non-citizens or non-permanent residents to vote. There is a reason why that is a rule, and depending on your attachment to the country you get additional privileges/benefits. This doesn't mean that you're a second-class resident and doesn't mean that they don't like immigrants.

I think the experience we've had so far with CIC is a result of the increase of applications and bad processes. Individual visa officers can't solve this problem, all they can do is go though the backlog, in whatever crazy way the files land on their desks. What they need is an overhaul of the system, but unfortunately we won't see that happen for our current applications.
Well, I'm not asking for the right to vote for sure. They certainly need an overhaul of the system for years. But they never did it, or failed to do it, just because they don't care enough to make that happen. How about each year's tax files the government receives then? It's 1000x more than the amount of PR applications, but CRA doesn't mess it up the way CIC does.

weijilu

May 11, 2015
bbsos said:
Hi Weijilu,

Looks like you are not under second review but somehow didn't get MR. (weird but no surprising cuz CIC is able to mess up the processing in every creative way.)

Your Eligibility Assessment 1 was recommended to pass so things are most likely to be fine.

Eligibility assessment 2 basically means a VO will assess the case one more time and make a final decision on if the applicant is qualified.

A lot of us non-second review people have also been waiting for EA 2 to kick off for 5-7 months. Aside from that we got MR in January and February while you didn't, we are otherwise on the same page.

Have you ever contacted CIC and got any feedback? Don't rely on your lawyer but do it yourself. The call center is pretty much useless but try ask them directly when was the last time your file was reviewed, what the current status is, and why you haven't received MR. Try email too. Good luck.
Thank you for your reply.

After I got my notes, I forwarded it to my lawyer right away. He thought it's weird too, so he email the immigration office. I also sent my 2014 T4, NOA and updated criminal record but no reply from the office.

I did order the GCMS notes today again and will get it at the beginning of Sept. I will see what is going on about my application. The eligibility assessment 2 is due on 2015/07/29, I don't know if this means a final decision should be made by the end of that day. If so, I guess I will hear from the CIC soon, hopefully.

info_sk

Star Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 9
Med's Request
jan 27
Med's Done....
march 3
how long does it take for the passport to come back?

Also, after having received PPR, my ECAS is still not Decision made yet.

Any thoughts?

rewolf

Aug 20, 2014
info_sk said:
how long does it take for the passport to come back?

Also, after having received PPR, my ECAS is still not Decision made yet.

Any thoughts?
one week for me get my passport back.

my ECAS status changed to decision made first, two days later received PPR.

saiqbal

Feb 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2014
Doc's Request.
29-01-2015
AOR Received.
23-07-2014
Med's Request
27-01-2015
Med's Done....
29-01-2015
Passport Req..
28-07-2015
rewolf said:
one week for me get my passport back.

my ECAS status changed to decision made first, two days later received PPR.
My ECAS status changed to decision made after I received PPR. I sent my passport today.

bbsos

Star Member
Oct 1, 2011
Called today and yelled at them. Agent said the latest update was background verification started on July 16. Actually Astro.CA posted the same feedback on that day. Maybe there was something, just maybe. No further info.

Then I realized I sent CIC an email on July 15 informing them of the situation of many June non-second review applicants and got the standard reply on the 16th. Maybe they read it and updated the background verification thing, or just pure coincidence. Will never know. Lost trust on them no matter what.

colrainwx1985

Star Member
Oct 17, 2012
bbsos said:
Called today and yelled at them. Agent said the latest update was background verification started on July 16. Actually Astro.CA posted the same feedback on that day. Maybe there was something, just maybe. No further info.

Then I realized I sent CIC an email on July 15 informing them of the situation of many June non-second review applicants and got the standard reply on the 16th. Maybe they read it and updated the background verification thing, or just pure coincidence. Will never know. Lost trust on them no matter what.
Bravo!

Astro.CA

Jan 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2014
AOR Received.
16-07-2014
Med's Request
22-01-2015
Med's Done....
26-01-2015
Passport Req..
09-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2016
LANDED..........
31-03-2016
bbsos said:

I call them again on July 28 and they said background check still undoing, any idea how long this process take Some?

Nick666

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
bbsos said:
Just a coincidence, no one cares about complaints.
I had the same thought that my previous emails were causing something to progress (e.g. receiving medical), until I received my GCMS notes and found process dates a few days before my emails.

bbsos

Star Member
Oct 1, 2011
Astro.CA said:
I call them again on July 28 and they said background check still undoing, any idea how long this process take Some?
anywhere between 2 hours to 2 years, depending on how the dice is thrown :eek: