+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2014 - CEC applications

soumyasam

Star Member
Jun 1, 2014
info_sk said:
Hello everyone...

What if your police certificates are past 1 year mark, after your medicals are done.

Medicals done and ECAS updated in March 2015
Police certificate expires May 2015

any advise?
Hi info_sk,

You should be good since you have already submitted the PCC. It sort of becomes their headache once you submit the document. Regardless, if they need a new one, they will ask you for it.

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
If you haven't lived in that country since PCC issued you're ok.

PCC must be not older than 3 (or 6 - not really sure which one) at the time of the application and when they are submitted with the application.

info_sk said:
Hello everyone...

What if your police certificates are past 1 year mark, after your medicals are done.

Medicals done and ECAS updated in March 2015
Police certificate expires May 2015

any advise?

info_sk

Star Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 9
Med's Request
jan 27
Med's Done....
march 3
soumyasam said:
Hi info_sk,

You should be good since you have already submitted the PCC. It sort of becomes their headache once you submit the document. Regardless, if they need a new one, they will ask you for it.
Thanks soumyasam!

This wait for RPRF and PPR after Medicals has kind of started to exhaust my patience.

info_sk

Star Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 9
Med's Request
jan 27
Med's Done....
march 3
Amisnic said:
If you haven't lived in that country since PCC issued you're ok.

PCC must be not older than 3 (or 6 - not really sure which one) at the time of the application and when they are submitted with the application.
That is very comforting, Amisnic! Thanks a lot for sharing this information. I can now stop worrying and refuel my patience level, i guess!!

Cheers!!

soumyasam

Star Member
Jun 1, 2014
info_sk said:
Thanks soumyasam!

This wait for RPRF and PPR after Medicals has kind of started to exhaust my patience.
Same here. What's even more frustrating is that CIC is leaving no pattern that can be followed to understand their priorities!! Hate being agitated every second.

I was checking some of the EE threads and found a guy who got AOR the same day as application and ECAS showed all three line in a week. Now we have come so far that I have even lost the energy of applying to EE on the side.

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
Don't bother applying for EE at this stage - if applying through EE one must withdraw the current application.

soumyasam said:
Same here. What's even more frustrating is that CIC is leaving no pattern that can be followed to understand their priorities!! Hate being agitated every second.

I was checking some of the EE threads and found a guy who got AOR the same day as application and ECAS showed all three line in a week. Now we have come so far that I have even lost the energy of applying to EE on the side.

info_sk

Star Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 9
Med's Request
jan 27
Med's Done....
march 3
Amisnic said:
Don't bother applying for EE at this stage - if applying through EE one must withdraw the current application.
True, I second that!

info_sk

Star Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 9
Med's Request
jan 27
Med's Done....
march 3
soumyasam said:

There is certainly no pattern. It is so weird how it got so random! Having said that, i am happy for those who have gotten there application through and are done with it. I am hopping the day will come for the rest of us soon.

Cheers, and good luck to you and everyone! :)

Kothem

Star Member
Jun 12, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-06-11
AOR Received.
2014-07-23
Med's Request
2015-02-03
Med's Done....
2015-02-14
Passport Req..
2016-09-02
VISA ISSUED...
2016-23-02
LANDED..........
2016-05-03
Hi Guys,

Can you please suggest how to update my address in ECAS. My address suddenly got changed couple of months ago. I changed it online more than a month ago but still the updates are not being reflecting in ECAS status yet.

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
I have the same issue but worse than yours, I fired my representative and advised CIC via the official methods and nothing has happened. I have raised several tickets, called call centre agents and filed complaints to CIC. Nothing at all after months - I have given up and keep emailing them every month about this to keep a paper trail in case they send something to the representative who does not pass it on to me and then I hear my application is "closed".

As mentioned in other discussions, I have never seen such a process/department in a first world country! This is absolutely shocking.

Kothem said:
Hi Guys,

Can you please suggest how to update my address in ECAS. My address suddenly got changed couple of months ago. I changed it online more than a month ago but still the updates are not being reflecting in ECAS status yet.

iCanadaVisa

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
My application received by Sydney Intake office on Jun 9th 2014 (AOR - Jul 21st 2014) and forwarded to Ottawa office in Jan 2015. Customer care service saying that the 12 months estimated processing time counts from Jan 2015. But I remember the processing time is from AOR date to 'Decision Made' date. Which is correct? Love your thoughts.

mahesh324

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
iCanadaVisa said:
My application received by Sydney Intake office on Jun 9th 2014 (AOR - Jul 21st 2014) and forwarded to Ottawa office in Jan 2015. Customer care service saying that the 12 months estimated processing time counts from Jan 2015. But I remember the processing time is from AOR date to 'Decision Made' date. Which is correct? Love your thoughts.
Same here.. I applied in July (AOR - Sep) and forwarded the file to Ottawa office in September. Customer care agent said that 12 months processing time counts from the day Ottawa office received the file.

As of my knowledge the processing time counts from the day Sydney office received the file.

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
Processing time is from date of receipt to decision made date, not from AOR date

mahesh324 said:
Same here.. I applied in July (AOR - Sep) and forwarded the file to Ottawa office in September. Customer care agent said that 12 months processing time counts from the day Ottawa office received the file.

As of my knowledge the processing time counts from the day Sydney office received the file.

info_sk

Star Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 9
Med's Request
jan 27
Med's Done....
march 3
Amisnic said:
I have the same issue but worse than yours, I fired my representative and advised CIC via the official methods and nothing has happened. I have raised several tickets, called call centre agents and filed complaints to CIC. Nothing at all after months - I have given up and keep emailing them every month about this to keep a paper trail in case they send something to the representative who does not pass it on to me and then I hear my application is "closed".

As mentioned in other discussions, I have never seen such a process/department in a first world country! This is absolutely shocking.
This will be helpful in later stage...for you and for all those who are looking into changing their respective mail address...another option/alternative to changing your mail address is that instead of doing it on ECAS, you go to Canada Post and ask them to redirect all/any mails that come for your previous address to your new address...you fill in a form with them and there is $50 service charge and all your mails will come to your new address for a year.

I hope this helps.

nranjan412

Nov 28, 2014
Hi

I got my RPRF on 7th May and i have paid it on the same day, send the email to Cost recovery with the receipt.

When do you think the PPR would be ???