+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2014 - CEC applications

tms637

Jun 29, 2014
Hi,

I received my AOR on Aug 13, 2014. But there is no update on ECAS still, it says "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided" when i enter my info. Is this normal? In the spreadsheet on this thread, some the other candidates who received AOR after me is posting application status "In Process".

If anyone can share their experience on this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

hahamylove

Star Member
Jul 18, 2014
SKC_6J said:
So it seems that majority of these cases are from June 2nd week applications. Unfortunate thing is that apart from sending email and physical mail inquiry one can do absolutely nothing but to wait for their reply.
Not to mention that one cannot ensure if the application was returned by CIO and got lost in mail.
We can't even send another set until we know what happened to the first one....
Are there any other actions you are taking? Like, re-apply?

SKC_6J

Aug 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9 June 2014
Doc's Request.
28 Jan 2015
AOR Received.
Sept 2014
Med's Request
28 Jan 2015
Passport Req..
09-Oct 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Requested Visa office change
LANDED..........
TBD
hahamylove said:
Are there any other actions you are taking? Like, re-apply?
Unfortunately there is nothing that we can do but to W :mad:AAAAAAAIIIIIIIII :mad:T . On what basis should be re-apply. I had original police clearance certificates, Original CELPIP results, and english translation of my birth certificate (costed me CAD 80) along with the forms.

And they have clearly mentioned in their website ... sending multiple forms will only cause delays and confusion ... :eek:

hahamylove

Star Member
Jul 18, 2014
SKC_6J said:
Unfortunately there is nothing that we can do but to W :mad:AAAAAAAIIIIIIIII :mad:T . On what basis should be re-apply. I had original police clearance certificates, Original CELPIP results, and english translation of my birth certificate (costed me CAD 80) along with the forms.

And they have clearly mentioned in their website ... sending multiple forms will only cause delays and confusion ... :eek:
Look, I get all the frustration, and all the $$$ down the drain. However, if you don't think a PR status is worth an extra $1000 then you can sit and wait. The world is for those who do, not those who sit and wait.

swapscanada

Star Member
Jul 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2014
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application
AOR Received.
21-07-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
28-01-2015
Med's Done....
16-Feb-2015
hahamylove said:
Look, I get all the frustration, and all the $$$ down the drain. However, if you don't think a PR status is worth an extra $1000 then you can sit and wait. The world is for those who do, not those who sit and wait.
Any other cases from Month of May where Application submitted and received very late AOR? I think this could help understanding the process as it may take longer than expected. It is just a thought and not suggestion though :)

aythenday

Aug 18, 2014
hahamylove said:
Do you have any experience with submitting multiple applications? Do you have any knowledge about how that would even work? We're already stressed out about this wait, and we're also afraid of messing up our applications. There's no point in you telling us to do this without actually having any useful insight on how this would work and what are the potential issues that might arise.

hahamylove

Star Member
Jul 18, 2014
aythenday said:
Do you have any experience with submitting multiple applications? Do you have any knowledge about how that would even work? We're already stressed out about this wait, and we're also afraid of messing up our applications. There's no point in you telling us to do this without actually having any useful insight on how this would work and what are the potential issues that might arise.
1. I have no experience with submitting multiple CEC applications, however I do know that submitting a PNP and/or FSW application simultaneously is not an uncommon action people are taking these days.

2. I am also one in the 'stressed out' army of waiting. I am already thinking about a Plan-B if similar case happens to me. I may have no point of telling anyone what to do and clearly no one is obligated to follow my suggestions. What I see myself doing is sharing my plan.

SKC_6J

Aug 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9 June 2014
Doc's Request.
28 Jan 2015
AOR Received.
Sept 2014
Med's Request
28 Jan 2015
Passport Req..
09-Oct 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Requested Visa office change
LANDED..........
TBD
hahamylove said:
1. I have no experience with submitting multiple CEC applications, however I do know that submitting a PNP and/or FSW application simultaneously is not an uncommon action people are taking these days.

2. I am also one in the 'stressed out' army of waiting. I am already thinking about a Plan-B if similar case happens to me. I may have no point of telling anyone what to do and clearly no one is obligated to follow my suggestions. What I see myself doing is sharing my plan.
Dear Friends,

Lets keep the options open and discuss this matter further, each and every input is valuable and there is no harm in getting those info/suggestions/feedbacks. Ultimate decision is individuals choice whether to reapply or wait.

pras_tcs

Star Member
Jun 5, 2014
Hi, Even though I have not received my AOR yet ( application recieved by CIC on June 2nd, 2014), in the eCAS website, the status is "In Progress" and when I click on it, the message is

"We received your application for permanent residence on June 2, 2014"

Does this mean they have already sent the AOR and I might have missed it in my e-mailbox ?? Any thoughts ??

swapscanada

Star Member
Jul 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
21-07-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
28-01-2015
Med's Done....
16-Feb-2015
pras_tcs said:
Hi, Even though I have not received my AOR yet ( application recieved by CIC on June 2nd, 2014), in the eCAS website, the status is "In Progress" and when I click on it, the message is

"We received your application for permanent residence on June 2, 2014"

Does this mean they have already sent the AOR and I might have missed it in my e-mailbox ?? Any thoughts ??
That's correct!

orla88

Aug 27, 2014
Hey,

I applied for my CEC in August. It says they will notify you when they receive the application.
How long does that generally take?

Thanks!!

Kothem

Star Member
Jun 12, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-06-11
AOR Received.
2014-07-23
Med's Request
2015-02-03
Med's Done....
2015-02-14
Passport Req..
2016-09-02
VISA ISSUED...
2016-23-02
LANDED..........
2016-05-03
Hello Guys,

I am a June month applicant and got my AoR on 18th of Jul 2014. My application status is showing as 'In-Process' (from day1 to till date) in CIC website. One of my friend also applied for PR and got his AoR in April 2014 and his application status is showing as 'Application received' (from day1 to till date). I don't see any status call application received in cic website. Seniors, can you please through some light on this.

IN
PROCESS

(A decision has not been made yet.)

Application Received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)
We have received your application and will review it in order of receipt. We will send you an acknowledgement letter.

Documentation Verified by CIC
We are reviewing your application to make sure it is complete and that no documents are missing. We will return incomplete applications for resubmission.

Medical Results Received by CIC
We have received your medical results. We will contact you only if additional tests are needed.

WITHDRAWN

(An application can only be withdrawn when your application is IN PROCESS.)

Application Withdrawn
You may only withdraw your application before the In-Canada Application for Permanent Resident Status decision has been made. There are no refunds after processing has started.

DECISION
MADE

(A decision has been made at this point.)

An Interview May be Required
We will review the application and decide if an interview is necessary. If so, we will inform you in writing of the date, time and location of the interview.

Sponsorship / In-Canada Application for Permanent Resident Status Determined
The sponsorship applications and In-Canada Application for Permanent Resident Status will be either approved or rejected. We will inform you in writing in either case.

Permanent Residence Status Determined
If your application is approved, we will send you your permanent resident documentation and a letter saying what we need to finalize your permanent residence.

COMPLETE

(This is the last step in the processing of your application.)

Applicant Arrives in Canada and is Granted
Permanent Residence
You will need to meet with an Immigration Officer who will verify your documents and grant you permanent residence if all is in order.

YYZguy416

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Applications received after May 1, 2014 are put into processing by Sydney right away as per the Ministerial Instructions-12. That's why your application shows in process but your friend's application doesn't.

Kothem said:
Hello Guys,

I am a June month applicant and got my AoR on 18th of Jul 2014. My application status is showing as 'In-Process' (from day1 to till date) in CIC website. One of my friend also applied for PR and got his AoR in April 2014 and his application status is showing as 'Application received' (from day1 to till date). I don't see any status call application received in cic website. Seniors, can you please through some light on this.

IN
PROCESS

(A decision has not been made yet.)

Application Received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)
We have received your application and will review it in order of receipt. We will send you an acknowledgement letter.

Documentation Verified by CIC
We are reviewing your application to make sure it is complete and that no documents are missing. We will return incomplete applications for resubmission.

Medical Results Received by CIC
We have received your medical results. We will contact you only if additional tests are needed.

WITHDRAWN

(An application can only be withdrawn when your application is IN PROCESS.)

Application Withdrawn
You may only withdraw your application before the In-Canada Application for Permanent Resident Status decision has been made. There are no refunds after processing has started.

DECISION
MADE

(A decision has been made at this point.)

An Interview May be Required
We will review the application and decide if an interview is necessary. If so, we will inform you in writing of the date, time and location of the interview.

Sponsorship / In-Canada Application for Permanent Resident Status Determined
The sponsorship applications and In-Canada Application for Permanent Resident Status will be either approved or rejected. We will inform you in writing in either case.

Permanent Residence Status Determined
If your application is approved, we will send you your permanent resident documentation and a letter saying what we need to finalize your permanent residence.

COMPLETE

(This is the last step in the processing of your application.)

Applicant Arrives in Canada and is Granted
Permanent Residence
You will need to meet with an Immigration Officer who will verify your documents and grant you permanent residence if all is in order.