+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2014 - CEC applications

bbsos

Star Member
Oct 1, 2011
Astro.CA said:
Thanks for the moment of levity ;D but seriously why?
Nobody knows the exact reason. The most likely cause in my mind is that the VO(s) responsible for our cases were transferred to work on EE back in February and never came back. Under the stupid rigid system, no one else was responsible for, interested in, or even allowed to take it over since it's not their job.

rank

Jul 12, 2015
Astro.CA said:
Why this delay for June 1st review? ??
I think, this delay not only for first review people. Also second review people are got sick by the delayi submitted my medical end of July. But still waiting for RPRF

bbsos

Star Member
Oct 1, 2011
rank said:
I think, this delay not only for first review people. Also second review people are got sick by the delayi submitted my medical end of July. But still waiting for RPRF
At least you guys were given a little bit reason-- "second review", whether it really justifies longer processing or not. For 1st review folks.....

Also, for 1st and 2nd review alike, we both need the second review technically as "eligibility assessment 2" is for everyone. What's the point of recommended to pass or not in the first place, geez.

c2h5oh

Apr 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2014
Doc's Request.
21-02-2015
AOR Received.
11-08-2014
Med's Request
11-02-2015
Med's Done....
24-02-2015
Passport Req..
visa-exempt
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2016
LANDED..........
15-02-2016
We might have gotten screwed because of the articles very critical about CIC that were published in May. CIC might be handling our applications extra carefully because of some internal audit or extra attention they got when shit hit the fan. I mean we were next to be processed.

That's just a guess

Ottawa-applicant

Apr 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
c2h5oh said:
We might have gotten screwed because of the articles very critical about CIC that were published in May. CIC might be handling our applications extra carefully because of some internal audit or extra attention they got when *censored word* hit the fan. I mean we were next to be processed.

That's just a guess
am July applicant and just wondering why they don't finish up June and then jump to October or September applicants. till now i'm in second review.

c2h5oh

Apr 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2014
Doc's Request.
21-02-2015
AOR Received.
11-08-2014
Med's Request
11-02-2015
Med's Done....
24-02-2015
Passport Req..
visa-exempt
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2016
LANDED..........
15-02-2016
Ottawa-applicant said:
am July applicant and just wondering why they don't finish up June and then jump to October or September applicants. till now i'm in second review.
You and me. There are plenty of people with no 2nd review that are still waiting.

rackyy55

Aug 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys...I am June 2 applicant. I called CIC again today and Agent told me that Background Check and Security Checks are in progress and advise to call them back in end of the year in Dec.

CRA reassessed my tax for last two and I owe some amount and need to return back to CRA, however I put appeal and Notice of Objection for this reassessment. Does CIC check with CRA for any information? Will it impact my PR application?

may4ank

Nov 23, 2014
Canada
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
18-11-2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
rackyy55 said:
Guys...I am June 2 applicant. I called CIC again today and Agent told me that Background Check and Security Checks are in progress and advise to call them back in end of the year in Dec.

CRA reassessed my tax for last two and I owe some amount and need to return back to CRA, however I put appeal and Notice of Objection for this reassessment. Does CIC check with CRA for any information? Will it impact my PR application?
I wont think delay is because of it... matter of fact is that many ppl are waiting like you and some VO slept over our files. :(

Did you check your GCMS? Did you see any comments on your CRA ?

weijilu

May 11, 2015
rackyy55 said:

I applied on June 1oth, and last week I called CIC. They told me the same thing: CALL BACK IN DEC...... :(

MubinSultan

Star Member
Apr 22, 2015
rackyy55 said:

That's going to be 18 months waiting time :-X, you will get 3 Express Entry PR and plus I would say they will take a one month on top of that, so that's for vacation

rank

Jul 12, 2015
MubinSultan said:
That's going to be 18 months waiting time :-X, you will get 3 Express Entry PR and plus I would say they will take a one month on top of that, so that's for vacation
Hi sultan,

U can get three PR if u have job offer
But u need three PR's time get the offer :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

rackyy55

Aug 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
may4ank said:
I wont think delay is because of it... matter of fact is that many ppl are waiting like you and some VO slept over our files. :(

Did you check your GCMS? Did you see any comments on your CRA ?
I have GCMS Notes from July month and this doesn't have any comments for CRA. The last updates was medical sent to me in month of Feb and after that nobody touched my file. No Second Review recommended.

I applied third GCMS Notes last week.

c2h5oh

Apr 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2014
Doc's Request.
21-02-2015
AOR Received.
11-08-2014
Med's Request
11-02-2015
Med's Done....
24-02-2015
Passport Req..
visa-exempt
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2016
LANDED..........
15-02-2016
I've just received my 2nd GCMS notes and there has been no activity on my application for 6 months, aside for my last GCMS request in May. Still no mention of 2nd review, all due dates 2-3 weeks ago. FML.