+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2014 - CEC applications

cecjun09

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
Unless criminality is not completed the VO is not going to touch the file. Based on the obeservation if criminality is done then security is not going to take more than a Day. Then the Third line appears and file is good for PPR.
Our files are not sent to correct person/department so causing the delay.

bbsos

Star Member
Oct 1, 2011
colrainwx1985 said:
Anybody want to protest the unfair process in Ottawa in front of CIC building.

Maybe Toronto, too?
I was having the same thoughts. Wish we all lived in Ottawa. Toronto will have the most applicants for sure. I am in Vancouver unfortunately.

may4ank

Nov 23, 2014
Canada
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
18-11-2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
cecjun09 said:
Hi Guys,
I went to MP and they said that Criminality in progress and Security not started.
I called to CIC today and CIC said that it will take another 2 months to complete the background check. Seems like our files are not put forward for the Criminality check first in place. I think they missed out some bunch of applications to put for Criminality check. Normally Criminality check takes 3 to 4 months not more than that.
Some thing truely went wrong with our file but CIC is not revealing it. Some unprofessional /Lazy clerk screwed up the files so those shold not have gone to correponding department.
We have been waiting for the 14 months and have to wait for until Dec 14th 2015 as per the CIC new target date.
ITS Beyond the frustration.

Thanks.

Did your MP told you that new timeline is Dec 14 2015 ??

Nick666

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
cecjun09 said:
Unless criminality is not completed the VO is not going to touch the file. Based on the obeservation if criminality is done then security is not going to take more than a Day. Then the Third line appears and file is good for PPR.
Our files are not sent to correct person/department so causing the delay.
In my case, criminality passed two months ago, and next stage, security started one month after that.
It's been like that since then and still waiting.... and waiting...

vonronge

Aug 13, 2015
You guys are going down a dark path on this thread.

As a fellow applicant I realise that permanent residence is not my right. It is a privilege. If you go and protest you will only achieve one thing: you will alienate the very people who you want help from. I myself will not take part in any protest.

Having worked in a government office, I know that the call centre agents and visa officers have to contend with internal rules that you don't know. Further, they are human. They deserve holidays, time off, and sometimes they make the odd error.

They deal with hundreds of thousands of cases a year. This forum represents a tiny fraction of those.

I understand the frustration. I have lost thousands of dollars due to delays in my application. At the end of the day, when you emigrate, this is the cost of business.

Be patient, your day will come, and all this freaking out will seem as silly to you as it does to everyone else.

bbsos

Star Member
Oct 1, 2011
vonronge said:

As a fellow applicant I realise that permanent residence is not my right. It is a privilege. If you go and protest you will only achieve one thing: you will alienate the very people who you want help from. I myself will not take part in any protest.

Having worked in a government office, I know that the call centre agents and visa officers have to contend with internal rules that you don't know. Further, they are human. They deserve holidays, time off, and sometimes they make the odd error.

They deal with hundreds of thousands of cases a year. This forum represents a tiny fraction of those.

I understand the frustration. I have lost thousands of dollars due to delays in my application. At the end of the day, when you emigrate, this is the cost of business.

Be patient, your day will come, and all this freaking out will seem as silly to you as it does to everyone else.
CIC deserves no justification on this issue whatsoever.

The main point is not individual agents and officers are blamed for being lazing or making mistakes.

We are blaming the entire system under which not a single person is interested in and responsible for giving a look into any problems.

Nobody cares to listen to any reasonable complaints let alone solving them when the problems and unfairness are so obvious.

It's their indifferent attitude that's utterly unjustifiable and unforgivable. Nobody cares, not a single one of them.

It must have been caused by some internal rules. But the rules were made by people.

A 7-year old could tell it's unfair right away. The sophisticated, stubborn, and cocky politicians don't admit it.

Some people started saying "be patient" five months ago. And here we are. Nothing has changed.

Everyone has the rights to express their anger and disappointment here.

Astro.CA

Jan 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2014
AOR Received.
16-07-2014
Med's Request
22-01-2015
Med's Done....
26-01-2015
Passport Req..
09-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2016
LANDED..........
31-03-2016
Nick666 said:
In my case, criminality passed two months ago, and next stage, security started one month after that.
It's been like that since then and still waiting.... and waiting...
Contacted them again and almost a month later criminality still in process then background I was told, hopefully I will be a PR in time for Christmas ;D

catchme288

Star Member
Apr 1, 2014
bbsos said:
CIC deserves no justification on this issue whatsoever.

The main point is not individual agents and officers are blamed for being lazing or making mistakes.

We are blaming the entire system under which not a single person is interested in and responsible for giving a look into any problems.

Nobody even cares to listen to any reasonable complaints let alone solving them when the problems and unfairness are so obvious.

It's their attitude that's utterly unjustifiable and unforgivable. Nobody cares, not a single one of them.

Some people started saying "be patient" five months ago. And here we are. Nothing has changed.

Everyone has the rights to express the anger and disappointment here.
Hi,
Im agree with vonrange,
Im DECEMBER applicant for me it took 19 months and I receive Medical request and RPRF request ON 11 August. Im waiting for file more than your case file filled. You have to be patience their is no point to be hyper or don't loose hope.
I did twice BOWP, so You can imaging I paid twice without any reason. But in the end now i got it. So, don't worry I can understand your situation and How do i feel its been more than 19 months for me,
And my TIME LINE:
pplied Dec 17 2013
AOR : Feb 6th 2014

Requested T4 on Dec 2014
Medical request 7th aug 2015
Medical request 7Aug 2015
Medical done 8 Aug 2015
RPRF requested on 11 aug and paid on same day.
not just waiting for doctor to upload my medical result

bbsos

Star Member
Oct 1, 2011
catchme288 said:
Hi,
Im agree with vonrange,
Im DECEMBER applicant for me it took 19 months and I receive Medical request and RPRF request ON 11 August. Im waiting for file more than your case file filled. You have to be patience their is no point to be hyper or don't loose hope.
I did twice BOWP, so You can imaging I paid twice without any reason. But in the end now i got it. So, don't worry I can understand your situation and How do i feel its been more than 19 months for me,
And my TIME LINE:
pplied Dec 17 2013
AOR : Feb 6th 2014

Requested T4 on Dec 2014
Medical request 7th aug 2015
Medical request 7Aug 2015
Medical done 8 Aug 2015
RPRF requested on 11 aug and paid on same day.
not just waiting for doctor to upload my medical result
Thanks for your comfort. Some people were just born with more patience than others. Nothing wrong with that.
But others were not. They have the rights to yell when feeling hurt.

cecjun09

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
I like Bboss comments :) .
Though it is not privilege but VO jusdgement should be fair enough but it isn't. you can't stop some one application and work on the one came later for no reason. The system is first come first serve basis.
If some thing is not clear on our application we should be informed . They can't keep it with them ask us to wait untill you turn to be 60 then we look into the application.
How ever they have good system to produce the statistics to look into the reports but no one take that extra mile to check those reports.

However if your crminality is done then you can ask CIC or you can reach out MP. MP's have authority on CIC but not on CSIS where CSIS is reponsible for Criminality check.

Thanks

kei

Aug 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vonronge said:

I don't agree. Base on the reply of the call centre agent our applications are on queue. If it is really on queue it should be first come first serve. If it is indeed a priviege, then on what terms that the privilege apply? Your original country? you job? your age?. No, we are on the same boat here. The CEC boat which we complied all requirements needed to apply as CEC. A privilege here sound a lot like a lottery to me.

bbsos

Star Member
Oct 1, 2011
kei said:
I don't agree. Base on the reply of the call centre agent our applications are on queue. If it is really on queue it should be first come first serve. If it is indeed a priviege, then on what terms that the privilege apply? Your original country? you job? your age?. No, we are on the same boat here. The CEC boat which we complied all requirements needed to apply as CEC. A privilege here sound a lot like a lottery to me.
Far worse than a lottery. If it was lottery, June and July applicants should have an equal chance, 1st and 2nd review June people should have an equal chance, CEC and EE should have an equal chance.

crosscounter

May 6, 2012
Hey all,

First of all, I want to say well done and congrats to my fellow immigrants from all over the world to Canada. It's more than a life to even consider such significant change in your life/lives of those around you and it takes a lot more than what people may think. Kudos to us all.

Although this forum has not been a part of my application and my adventure to Canada from South Korea, I thought I'd share my status update here.

I filed the application independently with some advice from a professional (I used to work for immigration related works).

Mailed the application for the last batch of the previous CEC program on
May 5, 2014

Processing Centre confirmed receipt of application in June 2014
Processing (from online status) started on
June 12, 2015 (approximately - early June)

Medical request was received in July 2015, and they confirmed receipt of my results on
July 24, 2015 (around mid/end July)

Finally, the PR letter (not sure the official name of it - my sister took the mail with her so I have to wait till she gets home! haha) arrived by mail today
August 13, 2015

It took me a total of 15 months for this journey to end (in addition to my long story leading up to this application in Canada). I still can't really realize it happened other than the fact that I have the mail.

Good luck to all and although you might want to blame external circumstances and shift into a negative mindset, just hold on tight and stay tuned. You will join the big crew soon! :)

joshi9

Oct 1, 2014
I have added the Minister@cic.gc.ca email address. Everyone who has not yet signed this should take some time and SIGN! It should benefit us all facing this unfavorable situation.

may4ank

Nov 23, 2014
Canada
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
18-11-2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
got 3rd line now. started processing your application on august 6 th 2014.

I am june 19th applicant .. first review. did medicals in feb 2015