+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2014 - CEC applications

june23_app

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
jazzfunkkitten said:
Hi there

I'm wondering if any of you can answer this for me. Application accepted June 2014, MR was received today, July 2nd, examination scheduled for July 18th. I am currently 22 weeks pregnant. I read on the CIC website I don't have to inform them until I give birth to a live child, which makes sense.

My question is, if I receive PR before the birth, which is likely, will I then have to apply for PR for my child or will the child automatically be given PR based on my PR status?
When I had my medical done I had a discussion about what would happen if I was pregnant. She said that it's the patient's choice what they want to do. As a medical practitioner she wouldn't recommend doing an x-ray in the first 12 weeks, but felt that after that, provided you wear the lead belt, the baby would be fine.

If you decline the x-ray, your application will be put on hold 100%.

If I were you, I would call whoever you made your appointment with and make sure that they would be willing to do an x-ray.

Going ahead with the x-ray would allow you to give birth in Canada and guarantee a Canadian passport for your child :D

Lee587

Sep 25, 2014
june23_app said:
When I had my medical done I had a discussion about what would happen if I was pregnant. She said that it's the patient's choice what they want to do. As a medical practitioner she wouldn't recommend doing an x-ray in the first 12 weeks, but felt that after that, provided you wear the lead belt, the baby would be fine.

If you decline the x-ray, your application will be put on hold 100%.

If I were you, I would call whoever you made your appointment with and make sure that they would be willing to do an x-ray.

Going ahead with the x-ray would allow you to give birth in Canada and guarantee a Canadian passport for your child :D
Now that makes more sense!!!

rohit04

Jun 18, 2014
Hi Seniors,

Need your help !
I am a June 2014 CEC applicant. My work permit expired on May 7.
I had applied for extension of my WP in March and got the approval today.
My wife has her WP expiry date on Sep-15. We applied for her WP extension on 1-Jun.
Hopefully we'll get it before Sep-15.

What are the next steps?
1. Would we need to apply for TRV or was just getting the BOWP enough?
2. If we need to apply for TRV, Can i apply for TRV extension for myself and my wife together now (given the fact that she hasn't got her BOWP yet) or I can only apply for myself now and she'll have to wait to apply for TRV after she gets her WP?

Thanks
Rohit

bbsos

Star Member
Oct 1, 2011
rohit04 said:
Hi Seniors,

Need your help !
My wife has her WP expiry date on Sep-15. We applied for her WP extension on 1-Jun.

What are the next steps?
2. If we need to apply for TRV, Can i apply for TRV extension for myself and my wife together now (given the fact that she hasn't got her BOWP yet) or I can only apply for myself now and she'll have to wait to apply for TRV after she gets her WP?

Thanks
Rohit
If you are in Canada and don't leave the country, TRV is not needed i think. Correct me if I'm wrong.

bbsos

Star Member
Oct 1, 2011
jazzfunkkitten said:
Hi there

I'm wondering if any of you can answer this for me. Application accepted June 2014, MR was received today, July 2nd, examination scheduled for July 18th. I am currently 22 weeks pregnant. I read on the CIC website I don't have to inform them until I give birth to a live child, which makes sense.

My question is, if I receive PR before the birth, which is likely, will I then have to apply for PR for my child or will the child automatically be given PR based on my PR status?
As long as you are inside Canada and gave birth here, your child will automatically become a Canadian citizen (not only PR), regardless of your status of being PR or not. That is the current policy even though it's said they want to change it in the future.

bbsos

Star Member
Oct 1, 2011
cec14 said:
Guys,

We cant do anything about this. It's their country, they can do whatever they want to. If you are OK with this U hangon, or forget it, that's the attitude...U cant ask why July or even later candidates are getting priority, u will be told none of your business by non-disclosure clause of other to you..And they call it's a developed democratic country... All for show.. I am disappointed...
Not trying to be crude but I have to be, the way they do things= bureaucracy + brain damage.

c2h5oh

Apr 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2014
Doc's Request.
21-02-2015
AOR Received.
11-08-2014
Med's Request
11-02-2015
Med's Done....
24-02-2015
Passport Req..
visa-exempt
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2016
LANDED..........
15-02-2016
bbsos said:
Not trying to be crude but I have to be, the way they do things= bureaucracy + brain damage.
If you think Canadian immigration system is broken read this http://www.vox.com/2015/6/23/8823349/immigration-system-broken

dazzlingcrystal

Apr 23, 2015
feel so frustrated with the wait, now it's almost 5 months after medical was done. Last GCMS notes says security not started as of May 28th.

If there is no update, I need to apply for a BOWP this week, and if I won't be landing before the beginning of August, I will get married and need to add my spouse to the application (which basically means more waiting time) sigh......

Just out of curiosity, anyone knows whether CIC can refuse application even for the principle applicant if they thought there is something fishy with the marriage (not saying we don't have a genuine relationship, but I saw some drama at the family class application board, and we are going to have an intimate elopement wedding with close family and friends ~8 people~ and my dad cannot attend my wedding, lucky thing is my spouse is here in Canada with me, and we have being together for 7 years, during which we spend most of our time in Canada). Someone with the knowledge please respond, really appreciate your answer.

June26PR

Star Member
Jul 2, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2014
AOR Received.
13-08-2014
Med's Request
24-02-2015
Med's Done....
28-02-2015
Passport Req..
06-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-04-2016
LANDED..........
30-04-2016
You need TRV only if you want to re-enter in Canada. if you are not going out from Canada than WP is more then enough.

rohit04 said:
Hi Seniors,

Need your help !

What are the next steps?

Thanks
Rohit

bbsos

Star Member
Oct 1, 2011
c2h5oh said:
If you think Canadian immigration system is broken read this http://www.vox.com/2015/6/23/8823349/immigration-system-broken

Yeah I know the U.S. immigration is more of a joke, which works best for illegal immigrants only, that's why I chose Canada, a bit bitter but still broken for sure.

bbsos

Star Member
Oct 1, 2011
dazzlingcrystal said:
feel so frustrated with the wait, now it's almost 5 months after medical was done. Last GCMS notes says security not started as of May 28th.

If there is no update, I need to apply for a BOWP this week, and if I won't be landing before the beginning of August, I will get married and need to add my spouse to the application (which basically means more waiting time) sigh......

Just out of curiosity, anyone knows whether CIC can refuse application even for the principle applicant if they thought there is something fishy with the marriage (not saying we don't have a genuine relationship, but I saw some drama at the family class application board, and we are going to have an intimate elopement wedding with close family and friends ~8 people~ and my dad cannot attend my wedding, lucky thing is my spouse is here in Canada with me, and we have being together for 7 years, during which we spend most of our time in Canada). Someone with the knowledge please respond, really appreciate your answer.
Your spouses' application should not affect the principal applicant in the first place, and given he/she has been in Canada already for a long time, nothing to worry about.

June26PR

Star Member
Jul 2, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2014
AOR Received.
13-08-2014
Med's Request
24-02-2015
Med's Done....
28-02-2015
Passport Req..
06-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-04-2016
LANDED..........
30-04-2016
I am a new member in this forum. Please find my details below.

Category.......: CEC
NOC Code......: 2174
App. Filed......: 26-06-2014
AOR Received.: 13-08-2014
IELTS Request: With Application
Med's Request: 24-02-2015
Med's Done....: 28-02-2015
Med's Updated: 26-03-2015
RPRF Request.: Upfront
Passport Req..: waiting

akpr83

Star Member
Jul 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-March-2016
LANDED..........
20-March-2016
June26PR said:
I am a new member in this forum. Please find my details below.

Category.......: CEC
NOC Code......: 2174
App. Filed......: 26-06-2014
AOR Received.: 13-08-2014
IELTS Request: With Application
Med's Request: 24-02-2015
Med's Done....: 28-02-2015
Med's Updated: 26-03-2015
RPRF Request.: Upfront
Passport Req..: waiting
You fall into lucky 2 June to 26 June range. Enjoy the ......

Salmanurul

Star Member
Aug 3, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
2**2
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th June,2014
AOR Received.
7th August,2014
IELTS Request
Subitted with the Application
Med's Request
5th February, 2015
Med's Done....
13th February 2015, Recieived 20th February,2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29 April,2015 ( Upfront Rprf 17th March,2015)
VISA ISSUED...
15th May (Decesion Made 1st May)
LANDED..........
31st May (Passport received 29th May)
What is going on with June applicants?
Really strange?
still No PPR Request?