Submitted
Med's Request
10-02-2014
Med's Done....
March 06, 2014
Passport Req..
Waiting
manichinnari555 said:
Ecas updated with medical recieved on 1st of March, waiting since then.........................hope to hear some good news soon!!!!!!
Hope you might hear tonight :) :)

Amit Malik

Star Member
Jul 29, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vikram_saxena said:
Yepieeeee so happy to see my passport back with COPR :) it was so fast..sent passports this tuesday 11-mar and friday 14-mar got it too..
will be doing landing this week end...
But I am landing alone not with spouse..as she is leaving canada for 20 days india vacation...and she will do while return from india :)

Thanks a lot to this forum..!!! it really helped me and learnt a lot of things too :)

Congrates bro...have a happy landing

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
otonglo said:
How do you go about landing if you don't have an American visitor visa?
I just posted this on the July 2013 applicants thread:

You don't actually need a US visa, you can use this process called "Flagpoling", where you head to a US/Canada border and tell them that you'll be doing your landing at the Canadian border, or simply tell them that you want to "flagpole". They'll know exactly what you're talking about and hand you a white/orange sheet of paper called "Administrative Refusal", and allow you to turn around and return to the happy Canadian side. There you tell the officer about your landing (show your CoPR, Passport and what not, along with the admin refusal from the States), and you should be able to do your landing without a US visa.

Check out this awesome guide that talks more about Flagpoling (kudos to ThreeSquareImm for putting it together!):
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/flagpoling-a-guide-for-canadian-workers-t142161.0.html

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
razerblade said:
I just posted this on the July 2013 applicants thread:

You don't actually need a US visa, you can use this process called "Flagpoling", where you head to a US/Canada border and tell them that you'll be doing your landing at the Canadian border, or simply tell them that you want to "flagpole". They'll know exactly what you're talking about and hand you a white/orange sheet of paper called "Administrative Refusal", and allow you to turn around and return to the happy Canadian side. There you tell the officer about your landing (show your CoPR, Passport and what not, along with the admin refusal from the States), and you should be able to do your landing without a US visa.

Check out this awesome guide that talks more about Flagpoling (kudos to ThreeSquareImm for putting it together!):
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/flagpoling-a-guide-for-canadian-workers-t142161.0.html
What I red on this forum yesterday, this "flag poling" doesn't work any more (at least at Niagara Falls bridges). You have to get entirely to the US side (you need US visa).
Sorry I don't remember in which thread it was written.

honey_ca

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Hi everybody,

So finally my Ecas shows something but am not sure where I'am becoz their showing a diagram like.

In process - explanation
Withdrawn application - ...
Decision made - ...
Complete - ....

Though 2 days ago I've received an email about my passport request. So in my case, where I'am now? Anyone can help me please? Thank you.

Amit Malik

Star Member
Jul 29, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
honey_ca said:
Hi everybody,

So finally my Ecas shows something but am not sure where I'am becoz their showing a diagram like.

In process - explanation
Withdrawn application - ...
Decision made - ...
Complete - ....

Though 2 days ago I've received an email about my passport request. So in my case, where I'am now? Anyone can help me please? Thank you.
It should be decision made....

Steve_Jones

Star Member
Jun 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2013
Doc's Request.
17-02-2014
AOR Received.
12-08-2013
Med's Request
12-02-2014
Med's Done....
19-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-03-2014
LANDED..........
6-4-2014
E-cas changed to Decision Made! Passport Sent to CIC for VISA stamping. Awaiting passport with COPR.

For landing other than passport and COPR...do we need to carry anyother documents? Also would they take off my current work pemit ?

honey_ca

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
honey_ca said:
Really, that would be awesome. :) Thanks Amit Malik

Hi everybody, my Ecas changed to Decision Made... ;D ;) :) Super happy... What's next after???

Thanks to everyone who's been sharing their experiences, really help a lot. For those who are waiting, your turn will be next.

canada1008

Mar 13, 2014
honey_ca said:
Hi everybody, my Ecas changed to Decision Made... ;D ;) :) Super happy... What's next after???

Thanks to everyone who's been sharing their experiences, really help a lot. For those who are waiting, your turn will be next.
Congrats

av300812

Star Member
Aug 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with CEC Application
Med's Request
14-2-2014
Med's Done....
21-2-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2014
LANDED..........
18-04-2014
I wanted to share a link for those who like me have completed medicals and are waiting for the PPR.
Whilst looking at various posts I came to know that there are cases where people had to wait for PPR for nearly a year after they completed their medicals (I pray this should never happen to us). There is something called a security check which is initiated along with medical request and this might take anywhere up to a year. The below link is a very good explanation I though I could share might be useful.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/background-checks-explained-t39578.0.html

Boyzone

Star Member
Sep 23, 2013
Steve_Jones said:
E-cas changed to Decision Made! Passport Sent to CIC for VISA stamping. Awaiting passport with COPR.

For landing other than passport and COPR...do we need to carry anyother documents? Also would they take off my current work pemit ?
Take your Work Permit along with you incase they ask for. But, do not show them until they ask. In my case they did not ask and neither did they remove it from my Passport. Also, I guess it does not matter cause once you land, it does not get counted further.