+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2011

kourts

Nov 11, 2010
I wonder if cic gets tomorrow off though. ::) but yes we did not get very far in July, so disappointing.

Aneyshar

Jul 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
GUAT
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
22-JUN-2011
kourts said:
I wonder if cic gets tomorrow off though. ::) but yes we did not get very far in July, so disappointing.
Why would they be off?? I dont think tomorrow is a National holiday in Canada....

MDSB

Feb 16, 2011
Scotland
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2011
AOR Received.
28-07-2011
File Transfer...
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
16-05-2011
Passport Req..
07-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2011
Aneyshar said:
Why would they be off?? I dont think tomorrow is a National holiday in Canada....
It is a holiday in many provinces - the August long weekend/civic holiday...

Aneyshar

Jul 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
GUAT
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
22-JUN-2011
There are only 9 statutory holidays that apply to Federal employees (those at CIC included), and the "Civic day" is NOT one of them, so I doubt that employees at CIC will take the day off tomorrow.

But anyway the wait is long, so i hope that they make some adjustments to their staffing capacities to move the processing a little faster!

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

lyko

Apr 11, 2011
ddobro2 said:
How much did you pay CIC upon filing the application and how did you do it? You should also consider calling their call center directly to figure out what is missing.
Hey thanks for the answer. I deleted the topic because I got an email of mississauga telling:
...We are pleased to advise that you have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly the undertaking and the Application for Permanent Residence have been forwarded to the Visa Office in PARIS for further processing....

Now I'm confused, because if I login on the cic site to check my application status, it tells:
We received your application to sponsor ***** ***** on June 6, 2011.

We started processing your application on July 15, 2011.

We sent you a letter on July 15, 2011 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We returned your application with a letter on July 15, 2011. You may re-apply or resubmit your application when the information requested is provided. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

I'm hoping you guys could give me a tip what's going on, because it's allways a pain to call or mail them due to very long waiting times.

Thanky

**EDIT**
Both infos are from the exact same date

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm kind of confused. Apparently they got your full application, began looking at the sponsorship part of it like they're supposed to, and then for some reason returned the application with a letter explaining why the sponsor in this case was not allowed to undertake the sponsorship per what was presented in the application and that you can resubmit once you have different information. Am I right? And then for some reason they changed their mind and decided the sponsor DID in fact meet the requirements to sponsor. While it's possible they made some kind of mistake and then caught it right after sending you the letter (I have read of this happening to others on here), your original message said something about $50 being what was missing from the original filing. I think there's really no way to know, especially for us reading this, without calling CIC and asking them directly.

lyko

Apr 11, 2011
Ok. Looks like im gonna call them.

The 50$ was a refund as i figured out. We overpaid.

We got no letter yet, also our application didn't return yet. Confusing is that both statemants (the email as well as the one on their site) were made on the same day.

fast

Star Member
Jul 23, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2011
LANDED..........
16-11-2011
@lyko
Where is your visa office and why didn't joined May applicants Immigration forum also?Cause I read same problem likes you in May applicants forum,check it out.Did you summit marriage certificate?
Good luck :)

lyko

Apr 11, 2011
fast said:
@ lyko
Where is your visa office and why didn't joined May applicants Immigration forum also?Cause I read same problem likes you in May applicants forum,check it out.Did you summit marriage certificate?
Good luck :)
The responsible visa office is in Paris because my common-law partner is from Switzerland. No we're not married yet.
Thanks

harry_canada

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Visa Office......
Mississauga and New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march.24.2011
File Transfer...
april.27.2011
Med's Done....
jan.20.2011
Interview........
july.05.2011
Passport Req..
may.27.2011
VISA ISSUED...
13.oct.2011
LANDED..........
hi guys ,
this is my first post and i dont know if m doin it right.
i,ve lived in canada for last 6 years and when me n my wife got married we applied for pr from India as its faster.
it was approved from canada and thn sent to india. after some weeks the delhi embassy requested for my passport , so i came to india and submitted it.
after some weeks i got a interview call that was on july5th.2011. interview went fine she approved the file.
its bein a month now and the status says in process.
so the question is how long it takes after interview to get passport and does the status changes first and then i get my passport or i might get it and the status can change later.

plz guys need some answers

fast

Star Member
Jul 23, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2011
LANDED..........
16-11-2011
@lyko
Ok..,you can request fee free for more info about your application in this person who is a lawyer in Canada "Attorney David Cohen" <dcohen@canadavisa.com.
Hope you will be fine :)

MDSB

Feb 16, 2011
Scotland
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2011
AOR Received.
28-07-2011
File Transfer...
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
16-05-2011
Passport Req..
07-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2011
harry_canada said:
hi guys ,
i,ve lived in canada for last 6 years and when me n my wife got married we applied for pr from India as its faster.
it was approved from canada and thn sent to india. after some weeks the delhi embassy requested for my passport , so i came to india and submitted it.
after some weeks i got a interview call that was on july5th.2011. interview went fine she approved the file.
so the question is how long it takes after interview to get passport and does the status changes first and then i get my passport or i might get it and the status can change later.

You will probably get more answers to your questions if you re-post it on the main Family Class sponsorship page. Not everyone will read this thread.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you file in June? Anyway, you should share this with people at the New Delhi visa office thread. They have more experience with how that visa office tends to act (and I've read that sometimes it does make you wait a while after PPR because it doesn't have the visa ready even though it is ready to issue it). The most important thing is that they took your passport, so you will get a visa sooner or later.
harry_canada said:
hi guys ,