Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OP's first post shows that she applied inland.
MDSB said:
Hi irishred... just wondering...are you inland or outland? If you are outland, it is strange it hasn't been looked at - you might want to chase.... I'm not sure about the Inland process though...Anyway... welcome and goodluck!

yooper

Star Member
May 16, 2011
Detroit, MI USA -> Sechelt, BC CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2011
AOR Received.
11-08-2011
Med's Done....
w/ app
Passport Req..
06-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2011
MDSB said:
I've added you to the chart... welcome and goodluck also! :D
Didn't know someone had a June 2011 chart -- and I see I'm in it!

I am 'In Process' as of 2 November 2011.

Thanks -- and break a leg.

yooper

Star Member
May 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2011
AOR Received.
11-08-2011
Med's Done....
w/ app
Passport Req..
06-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2011
isolabella said:
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i just got up and checked my email, and had one that looked weird and spam-like, but it was my PPR!!!!...
Can you confirm for the nervous me that the email was sent to you, the applicant for permanent residence? I have special filters in place, but am of course nervous anyway. If I'd ever received any other email from them, I'd feel a lot better. But so far for us, only 1 email to the sponsor (approval). No other correspondence snail or e or tel.

ernestonnjr

Star Member
Jul 25, 2011
Hello po!

Ito na po ang time line ko now.. Ano na po ang susunod nito..

We received your application for permanent residence on June 20, 2011.

We started processing your application on October 19, 2011.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

M

magpie

Anything to do with the applicant is emailed to the applicant.

yooper said:
Can you confirm for the nervous me that the email was sent to you, the applicant for permanent residence? I have special filters in place, but am of course nervous anyway. If I'd ever received any other email from them, I'd feel a lot better. But so far for us, only 1 email to the sponsor (approval). No other correspondence snail or e or tel.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The general rule for overseas processing is if it comes from CPCM it is addressed to the sponsor; if it comes from the VO, it is addressed to the PA (although in the event of a refusal, the sponsor is definetely informed).
yooper said:

ernestonnjr

Star Member
Jul 25, 2011
Hello po!

Ito na po ang time line ko now.. Ano na po ang susunod nito.. At ilang days ko po wait yung passport and visa?

We received your application for permanent residence on June 20, 2011.

We started processing your application on October 19, 2011.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

isolabella

Jun 5, 2011
vancouver/brooklyn
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2011
AOR Received.
14-09-2011
File Transfer...
20-08-2011
Med's Done....
25-05-2011
Passport Req..
18-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2011
LANDED..........
24-1-2012
yooper said:
hi yooper, yes, the email was sent to me, the applicant for permanent residence. the email address i received it from was bfaloimpa-ap@international.gc.ca and the subject line had my file # beginning with F and then my full name and some codes in [ ].

hope you get yours soon!

Maple3

Star Member
Feb 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2011 Recieved 16-6- 2011
AOR Received.
26-08-2011
File Transfer...
05-08-2011
Med's Done....
02-05-2011
Passport Req..
19-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2011
MDSB said:
Hi irishred... just wondering...are you inland or outland? If you are outland, it is strange it hasn't been looked at - you might want to chase.... I'm not sure about the Inland process though...Anyway... welcome and goodluck!

Hi dangerJones

I've added you to the chart... welcome and goodluck also! :D
Hi MDSB, Visa was issued on Nov 17,2011 could you please update me on June spreadsheet! :)

Thanks! :)

irishred

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2011
Its an inland application so a long way to go yet !! :

yooper

Star Member
May 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2011
AOR Received.
11-08-2011
Med's Done....
w/ app
Passport Req..
06-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2011
isolabella said:
hi yooper, yes, the email was sent to me, the applicant for permanent residence. the email address i received it from was bfaloimpa-ap @ international.gc.ca and the subject line had my file # beginning with F and then my full name and some codes in [ ].

hope you get yours soon!
Thank you very much. I'm adjusting my spam filters!

isolabella

Jun 5, 2011
vancouver/brooklyn
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2011
AOR Received.
14-09-2011
File Transfer...
20-08-2011
Med's Done....
25-05-2011
Passport Req..
18-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2011
LANDED..........
24-1-2012
hi all,

just nervous and would love some input. i am flying back to bc this weekend, did not have time to get my visa from buffalo, so am just planning to say i'm visiting my partner and family for a long christmas visit/vacation, and hope that my middle of the night plane arrival means sleepy border guards.

if they ask, should i say i received my ppr but haven't had enough time to get the visa inserted? don't want to lie, but don't want to overshare! but that is the truth.

i don't have a return ticket right now, and don't really want to purchase one, but will if it seems helpful. they've never asked to see a return ticket in 4 years of this back and forth. i plan to land by driving down to the border once i send off my passport and then get the visa back from buffalo.

after all this time i'd just be crushed if they found any reason not to let me in... but i'm sure i'm overthinking and getting paranoid.

thanks, all!

ernestonnjr

Star Member
Jul 25, 2011
Good morning po!

Saan po makakuha ng murang ticket ngayon papunta sa vancouver on dec. 11, 2011..
Sino may flight na Dec.11.. sabay naman ako.. ako lng..
God Bless you

isolabella

Jun 5, 2011
vancouver/brooklyn
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2011
AOR Received.
14-09-2011
File Transfer...
20-08-2011
Med's Done....
25-05-2011
Passport Req..
18-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2011
LANDED..........
24-1-2012
hi all,

just wanted to let you know my experience arriving in vancouver last night without having gotten my visa yet. i was super nervous, but approached the customs officer, he asked why i was here, said to visit my partner for the holidays, he asked how long we'd been together, i replied 4 years, he said, "so who's moving where?" and i replied" actually i'm moving here, i just received my ppr but didn't have time to get my passport to buffalo before this flight." he said "what's a ppr?" i said my passport request, showed him the email printout of the ppr, and he said "so when did you apply?" i said june 13, and he said "it only took you 5 months to get your visa approved? that's crazy! in the states, canadians have to wait years for that. you're coming to a much better country." then he sort of laughed and handed me my immigration form and passport back. i was still nervous i might not be out of the woods (i never know what they are writing in their red pens on the top of the form, which one time sent me into the back special room for questionable folks) so i thanked him and laughed with him and then said, "um, so you're not sending me to the special back room?" and he said, "nope you're all set, take care!"

got my bags and was out of there! so a lot of nerves for nothing, or just lucky to have a chipper officer. now off to send my passport to buffalo!

isolabella said:
hi all,

just nervous and would love some input. i am flying back to bc this weekend, did not have time to get my visa from buffalo, so am just planning to say i'm visiting my partner and family for a long christmas visit/vacation, and hope that my middle of the night plane arrival means sleepy border guards.

if they ask, should i say i received my ppr but haven't had enough time to get the visa inserted? don't want to lie, but don't want to overshare! but that is the truth.

i don't have a return ticket right now, and don't really want to purchase one, but will if it seems helpful. they've never asked to see a return ticket in 4 years of this back and forth. i plan to land by driving down to the border once i send off my passport and then get the visa back from buffalo.

after all this time i'd just be crushed if they found any reason not to let me in... but i'm sure i'm overthinking and getting paranoid.

thanks, all!