waived
Passport Req..
29-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2011
LANDED..........
20-10-2011
kourts said:
Cic needs to get there crap straight they phoned my wife today and said the info they gave her last time was wrong, that if they don't make a decesion in 2 weeks to call back instead of 30 days. And that they sent her a email on July 19th, the day thy started processing her app. Yet she never got it and the email they have on file for her is my email. She asked what about the email I got from buffalo and she asked if I was in Canada and she said yes and she said that's why but I got this email before I even came to Canada.
Wow Kourts - I can't believe the cr*p you're going through - maybe it's time you and your wife sought some assistance from your MP? You're cetainly getting mucked around by CIC.

fast

Star Member
Jul 23, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2011
LANDED..........
16-11-2011
I just post coz our thread was moved to page 2! :D

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What was the original info Mississauga gave her? What email did she get from Buffalo? If your email was the one on file at CPC-M, did you receive anything?

Sorry, but kind of hard to follow what happened from your post. I'm not sure I'd get my MP involved just yet. You always have time for that when you're at the VO stage, lol.

kourts said:
Cic needs to get there crap straight they phoned my wife today and said the info they gave her last time was wrong, that if they don't make a decesion in 2 weeks to call back instead of 30 days. And that they sent her a email on July 19th, the day thy started processing her app. Yet she never got it and the email they have on file for her is my email. She asked what about the email I got from buffalo and she asked if I was in Canada and she said yes and she said that's why but I got this email before I even came to Canada.

kourts

Nov 11, 2010
Alright to make this easy to follow, mississugua received our app june 8th.we waited for the page to say they were working on apps after June 8th and then we called they hadn't made a decesion yet but said they started processing it July 19th. We waited a few weeks an called back and still nothing. Waited and called back yet again nothing. My wife called august 26th and the guy said he was surprised at how long it had been and said he would make sure they knew. August 26th is the same day that I got an email from buffalo with my file number and client id. I came to Canada September 1st. My wife called a week or 2 ago and they said they still haven't made a decesion and to call back in 30 days. Then after a week or so cic calls hereand tells her they misinformed her and to call back in 2 or 3 weeks not 30 days. They also said that the email they have on file for her is infact my email address. But one time she called and the guy she talked to confirmed the email address they have is hers. So I'm not sure how they got it mixed up. Anyways the lady said they sent her an email July 19th but neither of us got an email on that date. And she wouldn't say what the email said. My wife said that I got an email from buffalo and the lady asked if I was in Canada and she said that's why. But I got the email before i came here. Yes we've checked our junk mail.

kuku

Jul 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/08/2011
Doc's Request.
None so far
AOR Received.
NEVER
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
5/07/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24/11/2011 ( E CAS changed to "In process' on 5/2/2012.
VISA ISSUED...
12/02/2012
LANDED..........
10/03/2012
@kourts

this is certainly a crap you are going through...just involve the MP... yours is way far from more than normal processing time...

but a positive thing in your case is at least you can come see your spouse when ever you wish!! :)

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alright, here's what my question is: is the file physically at Buffalo now, or is it still at Mississauga? I don't see any reason Buffalo would send you an email unless they had already received your file from Mississauga. And the email Buffalo would send would be the AOR, going to the principal applicant (i.e., "This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2011/xx/xx." It has nothing to do with being in Canada or not.

Yes, the call centre agents are incredibly inconsistent and unhelpful. I wish they would do something about that. Sorry to hear you are going through this rigamarole. I kinda had something similar happen but it was with the Quebec autorities for the CSQ. They said they never got the application in the first place, but the next time we called they said they approved it, issued a CSQ, and sent it to us with a copy to Buffalo. Nonsensical, huh?

Anyway, I would try to determine where the application is right now. Use that file number to check what e-cas says.

kourts said:
Alright to make this easy to follow, mississugua received our app june 8th.we waited for the page to say they were working on apps after June 8th and then we called they hadn't made a decesion yet but said they started processing it July 19th. We waited a few weeks an called back and still nothing. Waited and called back yet again nothing. My wife called august 26th and the guy said he was surprised at how long it had been and said he would make sure they knew. August 26th is the same day that I got an email from buffalo with my file number and client id. I came to Canada September 1st. My wife called a week or 2 ago and they said they still haven't made a decesion and to call back in 30 days. Then after a week or so cic calls hereand tells her they misinformed her and to call back in 2 or 3 weeks not 30 days. They also said that the email they have on file for her is infact my email address. But one time she called and the guy she talked to confirmed the email address they have is hers. So I'm not sure how they got it mixed up. Anyways the lady said they sent her an email July 19th but neither of us got an email on that date. And she wouldn't say what the email said. My wife said that I got an email from buffalo and the lady asked if I was in Canada and she said that's why. But I got the email before i came here. Yes we've checked our junk mail.

katie3234

Star Member
Mar 8, 2010
Interview........
No interview
My husband received a email from the Rome office Saying "This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2011/06/14". ....... Is signed by the rome office, however June 14 is the day mississuaga received our app..... Either way at least it's in Rome now.

Does my UCI number only show my stuff? Being approved for sponsor and such?

And my husbands (which doesn't work) is only for his PR updates?

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow, CIC just keeps getting more and more ridiculous. That's your AOR, and even though it is technically correct as written (cuz, CIC did receive it 6/14), they usually write the date the VO part of CIC received it. Your UCI number is your Client ID number, and if you use that to log into e-cas, then yes, you'll see only the PR portion. Use the UCI that's on the sponsorship approval to see the sponsor's information, as that's the sponsor's Client ID. I believe the application number (#fxxxxxxxxx) would show both parts. You should have that on both emails.
katie3234 said:
My husband received a email from the Rome office Saying "This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2011/06/14". ....... Is signed by the rome office, however June 14 is the day mississuaga received our app..... Either way at least it's in Rome now.

Does my UCI number only show my stuff? Being approved for sponsor and such?

And my husbands (which doesn't work) is only for his PR updates?

katie3234

Star Member
Mar 8, 2010
Interview........
No interview
Thank you for the information. I am able to access the sponsorship portion of ecas using my information, but unable to access my husbands ecas using his information...... I think I have tried everything. Lol. Ecas deffinately doesn't seem to be very reliable. I signed up for the ecas tracker though, so hopefully soon i will get a notification. I am just thrilled that our paperwork is finally in Rome, we spent over a year getting eveything together ...... So just knowing that it's finally in Rome is such a relief!

fast

Star Member
Jul 23, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2011
LANDED..........
16-11-2011
Received PPR by e-mail yesterday :D :D :D
Pls update me, MDSB :)
Good luck all lovers :-*

kourts

Nov 11, 2010
I don't know if my file is physically in buffalo. The email I got is like a few other peoples aor who gives the date it was received in mississugua but it's signed by buffalo. I've checked ecas for both my sponsor and I. Hers says in process and mine says application received and when I click it, it gives the date it was received in mississugua.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There's at least one other person with Buffalo who got the originally received date on the AOR too. This could be a new way of doing things over there, who knows? As long as it's signed by Buffalo and it says "in process" for the principal applicant, you are fine.

If you're really curious, you could order GCMS notes. Just make sure you only check off "GCMS" and not another option.

kourts said:
I don't know if my file is physically in buffalo. The email I got is like a few other peoples aor who gives the date it was received in mississugua but it's signed by buffalo. I've checked ecas for both my sponsor and I. Hers says in process and mine says application received and when I click it, it gives the date it was received in mississugua.

kourts

Nov 11, 2010
No, the sponsorship part says in process. The applicant part says application received with the date it was received in mississugua.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Even though I think that Buffalo would not email you an AOR (of sorts), if they did not have your file, the fact that Mississauga is not able to confirm a sponsorship approval (even though yes, its agents are not exactly the brightest crayons in the box), I feel it's better safe than sorry. So order GCMS notes. That is the undisputed and undeniable history of what has been done with your file. Ask for the return by email to make it faster. In the one month it takes to get those back, call back each week to the Call Centre to inquire about the step one approval, which may or may have been completed.

kourts said:
No, the sponsorship part says in process. The applicant part says application received with the date it was received in mississugua.