+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

<<<<<<<<<< July AOR 2023 Thread >>>>>>>>>>

mapleleafmapleleaf

Jul 5, 2019
Similar to @tedfaro I also received my passport back on Friday (Sept 29th) I haven't decided when to land, but still look forward to it.

I also would like to share my complete timeline here:

FSW-Outland
CRS score: 505 General Draw round on May 24
VO: Sydney (primary) & Ottawa (second)

July 18 — AOR
August 5/11 — MEP/BIO
August 21 — All completed on tracker
August 22 — “Final decision” message appears in GC Key, Background Verification completed and COPR details on tracker
August 22 — PPR letter in GCKey
Emailed IRCC in London, UK to request an extension on my passport submission deadline, responded in a day with permission to submit late.
September 21 — Passport submission to VFS Global in the Netherlands
September 25 — Passport delivered at IRCC/Canadian in London UK
September 28 — Stamped passport and COPR delivered to VFS; received message in GCKey that my application is finally approved
September 29 — Courier delivered package to me, the last/original entry dates were wrong, but seems the entry date info is not important (from other posts in the forum).

Wish you all a smooth and fast application process towards PR.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Similar to @tedfaro I also received my passport back on Friday (Sept 29th) I haven't decided when to land, but still look forward to it.

FSW-Outland

July 18 — AOR
August 5/11 — MEP/BIO
August 22 — “Final decision” message appears in GC Key, Background Verification completed and COPR details on tracker
Emailed IRCC in London, UK to request an extension on my passport submission deadline, responded in a day with permission to submit late.
September 28 — Stamped passport and COPR delivered to VFS; received message in GCKey that my application is finally approved
September 29 — Courier delivered package to me, the last/original entry dates were wrong, but seems the entry date info is not important (from other posts in the forum).

If you are in tech, try to get a job pre-landing and then land anytime you want. If your job situation is a bit uncertain, try to land when the hiring isn't too cold (Nov-Dec and early Jan are cold as people are away from work).

Reactions: Masked Maverick

Elena.qat

Sep 13, 2023

FSW-Outland

July 18 — AOR
August 5/11 — MEP/BIO

Congrats. Very fast process for you. May i know if you applied alone or with dependants.

mapleleafmapleleaf

Jul 5, 2019
If you are in tech, try to get a job pre-landing and then land anytime you want. If your job situation is a bit uncertain, try to land when the hiring isn't too cold (Nov-Dec and early Jan are cold as people are away from work).
Many thanks for the suggestion! Will definitely think about it. The PR came a bit quicker than I thought so I may consider a soft landing and then join the job market a bit later when things/economy are more clear...? How do you think this year overall? I am not in tech tho... but would love to have your thoughts on the tech sector and the overall job market if I may.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Many thanks for the suggestion! Will definitely think about it. The PR came a bit quicker than I thought so I may consider a soft landing and then join the job market a bit later when things/economy are more clear...? How do you think this year overall? I am not in tech tho... but would love to have your thoughts on the tech sector and the overall job market if I may.
That's an increasing trend where people are doing a soft-landing and planning to settle later when things are more stable. Which too a degree is safer compared to being forced to pay $2500-2800/mo rental for a shoebox apartment in GTA.

I will say that you need to get very honest opinion from others within your in your field in Canada on what you should expect. Job market conditions are bad for people who are below 50th percentile in this job market, but not an issue for those that are 75th percentile and above in most job titles if there's demand. Use indeed.ca and Linkedin jobs as a proxy to see the demand in your target geo.

I'm not in tech either, but the job market for me personally in exec management is the same as it was earlier. I'm not sure what field you are in, but I'd 100% suggest getting:
1. someone to provide a honest feedback on your job market position.
2. a mentor to help you succeed in Canada

#2 is a long term process can easily take months if not a year, but opens up not only new job opportunities post-landing but also future job opportunities as you grow within Canada.

Masked Maverick

Star Member
Jun 17, 2023
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
July 08, 2023
AOR Received.
July 08, 2023
Med's Done....
June 08,2023
I am a sales manager here in India and have experience in recruitment as well. Almost impossible to get jobs in my sector without landing in Canada,

From what I have heard, white collar jobs are a bit difficult to come by. Blue collar jobs are also fiercely competed for because of the huge inflow of students looking for part time jobs. Overall the situation is bad with rents through the roof. This is true for all global metro cities around the world because of global inflation and slow down.

People always keep saying that networking is the key. Either ways, will most probably have to do some menial jobs to sustain and provide yourself some time till you find a job in your core field.

Good luck.

P.S.: I am guessing some don't know this white collar and blue collar reference. They simply mean different natured jobs. White collar = office/managerial jobs; Blue collar means field/part-time/construction jobs, etc.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I am a sales manager here in India and have experience in recruitment as well. Almost impossible to get jobs in my sector without landing in Canada,

From what I have heard, white collar jobs are a bit difficult to come by. Blue collar jobs are also fiercely competed for because of the huge inflow of students looking for part time jobs. Overall the situation is bad with rents through the roof. This is true for all global metro cities around the world because of global inflation and slow down.

People always keep saying that networking is the key. Either ways, will most probably have to do some menial jobs to sustain and provide yourself some time till you find a job in your core field.

Good luck.

P.S.: I am guessing some don't know this white collar and blue collar reference. They simply mean different natured jobs. White collar = office/managerial jobs; Blue collar means field/part-time/construction jobs, etc.
The only thing that separates you from getting a job pre-landing and post-landing in this case is not having a Canadian phone number. You can use Numero(or something similar) to fill the gap. You can apply for sales jobs and land within 15 days of securing a job to actually join the company.

Specifically for you, if you have experience selling to North American markets, or worked with an ABM team, or worked in a sales-led org or a product-led org that needs consultative selling, etc - most won't care much. If you have sales figures that are good, I'd encourage you to apply to jobs.

You should consider applying to companies like Docebo: https://jobs.lever.co/docebo/813eec32-b830-401f-a939-e600654f7946 they are asking for very minimum qualification and are almost always hiring.

mapleleafmapleleaf

Jul 5, 2019
That's an increasing trend where people are doing a soft-landing and planning to settle later when things are more stable. Which too a degree is safer compared to being forced to pay $2500-2800/mo rental for a shoebox apartment in GTA.

I will say that you need to get very honest opinion from others within your in your field in Canada on what you should expect. Job market conditions are bad for people who are below 50th percentile in this job market, but not an issue for those that are 75th percentile and above in most job titles if there's demand. Use indeed.ca and Linkedin jobs as a proxy to see the demand in your target geo.

I'm not in tech either, but the job market for me personally in exec management is the same as it was earlier. I'm not sure what field you are in, but I'd 100% suggest getting:
1. someone to provide a honest feedback on your job market position.
2. a mentor to help you succeed in Canada

#2 is a long term process can easily take months if not a year, but opens up not only new job opportunities post-landing but also future job opportunities as you grow within Canada.
Many thanks for the input, it is very inspiring, at least to me.

I still would like to invite you to elaborate a bit more on "finding the mentor". Maybe this is not a typical thing in my culture, or maybe it just is not called a mentor, given that I am now remotely related to anything within Canada, what could be the potential way for me to reach out to someone who is willing to spend some time helping? I did look for some government-sponsored programs for new comers, but never thought that finding a mentor could be very helpful as well. Many thanks in advance for all the great suggestions you provided.

anwar.fahim

Sep 28, 2023
EE PNP from Manitoba outland for 4 applicants (me as principal applicant, my wife and 2 kids)
AOR: July 19, Medical Upfront
Tracker says: Background Verification - In Progress, Biometrics - In Progress, Medical & Eligibility - not started yet.
I didn't receive any BIL yet. I had my Biometrics valid from my visitor visa.
Another thing is, I paid CAD$ 3,275 for 4 persons. As per new rules, I'm supposed to give biometrics for PR application again right?

Could anyone please suggest what I should do in this situation? Is my process getting slower because of this mishap? Should I pay 85 CAD$ and raise a webform?
Could anybody please suggest what I can do? And any idea on MPNP timeline?? Please help me out

Saurabh3300

Star Member
Jan 4, 2021
timeline please?
Express Entry- FSW (outland)
ITA - June 27
Upfront medicals - July 10
Application submission - July 14
AOR - July 14
Medicals passed / BIL received - Aug 2
Biometrics given - Aug 14
Biometrics completed on tracker - Aug 15
Final decision on gckey: 4 Oct
eCOPR number displayed on tracker
Eligibility - completed (in progress for dependant)
Background - completed
Awaiting PPR

RoN1DoN

Jul 29, 2023
Update!
All completed on tracker
Gckey says “final decision”
Tracker also mentions COPR document number, so hopefully RFV should be on the way.
I got my RFV 24hours after Final Decision Update showed in GCKey, and Tracker was updated 2hours before RFV email, your golden email should be just around the corner.
Btw Congratulations :)

Shibanban

Sep 1, 2023
I've been stuck at the biometrics stage since July 14th. no payment link, nor the BIL.
I sent them a webform inquiry about the biometrics a month ago, and they did reply, but there hasn't been any change since.
Medical Passed
Eligibility Completed
now I paid upfront and sent them the receipt through the webform. I hope to receive a response soon.
Might I know if you have gotten BIL already?