+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

<<<<<<<<<< July AOR 2023 Thread >>>>>>>>>>

medakb

Sep 11, 2023
Hello everyone,
I just want to know if there is someone with SVO Sydney (PVO Ottawa) ? Based on what I've seen on the forum it's quite slow

My stats:
AOR 28/07
BIL+MEDIC 16/08
BIO done 18/08
Eligibility complete the 31/08
Info sharing complete
Criminality not started
Security not started
Gckey says on background check "your application is in progress. we will send you a message when we start your background check."

It's this last message that worries me
Hello guys,
Just got a ghost update on my tracker. no status change. I noticed just a change on the address : from mailing address to current residency address.
Is it a good sign ?
Thank you again

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hello guys,
Just got a ghost update on my tracker. no status change. I noticed just a change on the address : from mailing address to current residency address.
Is it a good sign ?
Thank you again
Nothing is a bad sign here for sure. But a lot of these updates can have no meaning at all. Think about broken IRCC systems that are patched together, running under capacity, someone archived processed files to get additional server space and the updated_at date changes to today - pretty meaningless in itself as an update.

The situation I wrote above is an actual thing that IRCC does btw. Laughable, but they have a shared server that is always running low on free space with CPC-Ottawa getting the most amount of resources from it.

Reactions: BA101 and medakb

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Thanks for responding!

Its being processed in India. I had already provided my letter of explanation, affidavit of separation, Power of Attorney and a certificate from lawyer which shows divorce case filed with the petition number.

Do u suggest contacting any immigration consultancy for this? M worried, as I still have the same documents. I can get a updated letter certificate from lawyer with new date.

I am clueless what to do!
Yes, consider talking to a Canadian lawyer and see if what you got is an evidence that IRCC would be happy with. I'd also advise dropping messages to other forum members from India who had to present their divorce in progress evidence to IRCC.

Reactions: SareenaShah

medakb

Sep 11, 2023
Nothing is a bad sign here for sure. But a lot of these updates can have no meaning at all. Think about broken IRCC systems that are patched together, running under capacity, someone archived processed files to get additional server space and the updated_at date changes to today - pretty meaningless in itself as an update.

The situation I wrote above is an actual thing that IRCC does btw. Laughable, but they have a shared server that is always running low on free space with CPC-Ottawa getting the most amount of resources from it.
I think your explanation is quite logical. I think it's the case with this update. hopefully i will get a real update soon (y)

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

tedfaro

Star Member
Jul 17, 2023
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
17-07-2023
AOR Received.
17-07-2023
Heaven, freedom, bliss, salvation. Just heaven.

Oh my god! Seriously, oh my god! My hands are literally shaking as I’m writing this now. Oh how long I’ve waited to write these words!

I just got the PPR (in a message on my GCKey), on the 60th day after AOR, exactly!! (Background check updated to complete yesterday, September 14.)

Thank you, everyone I’ve met over here. iSaidGoodDay, WM150, RoN1DoN, shawn.s, justhopeful17, gschostack, Masked Maverick — you've all been such good friends on this very strenuous, but rewarding journey.

I’ve been patient for over eight years now. Don’t anyone ever dare lose faith!

Masked Maverick

Star Member
Jun 17, 2023
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
July 08, 2023
AOR Received.
July 08, 2023
Med's Done....
June 08,2023

Oh my god! Seriously, oh my god! My hands are literally shaking as I’m writing this now. Oh how long I’ve waited to write these words!

I just got the PPR (in a message on my GCKey), on the 60th day after AOR, exactly!! (Background check updated to complete yesterday, September 14.)

Thank you, everyone I’ve met over here. iSaidGoodDay, WM150, RoN1DoN, shawn.s, justhopeful17, gschostack, Masked Maverick — you've all been such good friends on this very strenuous, but rewarding journey.

Yours is FSW - Healthcare workforce category right?
Congrats.

Last edited:

WM510

Jul 20, 2023

Nice, that was really fast! Best of luck for the rest of the immig process :D

• Love
Reactions: tedfaro

Stayin'Alive

Aug 28, 2023
Hello guys, RROC and Ottowa is the same office? called IRCC and they told me my Primary Office is Ottawa, not sure if it’s same office as RROC?

shawn.s

Star Member
Jan 22, 2023

Congratulations my friend! can you perhaps share from which Visa Office you received your PPR? would be good to know the wait times around them.

• Love

tedfaro

Star Member
Jul 17, 2023
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
17-07-2023
AOR Received.
17-07-2023
Congratulations my friend! can you perhaps share from which Visa Office you received your PPR? would be good to know the wait times around them.
Thank you, thank you, my friend!

The PPR letter in the GC Key account didn’t have the letterhead of a visa office at all, but it said I should notify RROC if there had been any changes to my circumstances. So I suppose RROC was my visa office. Hopefully this means it’s not as slow now as people have said it used to be.

My entire journey in detail:

June 28, 2023 — ITA, first healthcare-occupations round
July 17 — AOR
July 19 — MEP/BIL
July 21 — Eligibility completed on tracker, Background Verification in progress
July 24 — Biometrics done, updated on both GC Key and tracker
September 14 — “Final decision” message appears in GC Key, Background Verification completed and COPR details on tracker
September 15, 2023 — PPR letter in GC Key (exactly 60 days)

RoN1DoN

Jul 29, 2023

Alf Alf Mabroook Ya Daktooorrr, Many Congratulations Glad to hear they processed application from middle east within 2 months, gives myself a hope as well :)
Do share once you receive RFV email.

• Love

tedfaro

Star Member
Jul 17, 2023
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
17-07-2023
AOR Received.
17-07-2023
Alf Alf Mabroook Ya Daktooorrr, Many Congratulations Glad to hear they processed application from middle east within 2 months, gives myself a hope as well :)
Do share once you receive RFV email.
Allah yebarek feek ya sadiqi. Inshallah you will follow very soon, too!!

That was the PPR email. The email only notified me to open my GCKey account where I found the “Request Letter” in the messages!