Background check in progress
Biometrics in progress
Eligibility not started

GCKey
Eligibility:We are reviewing whether you meet eligibility criteria
MEP Passed
Biometrics: we do not need your fingerprints
Background check: Not applicable

Still waiting for BIL(i had done biometrics in 2021, but i know i need to give another one.Should i be worried i didn’t get the BIL with MEP? How long does it take to get the BIL if you didn’t receive with MEP?
Eligibility completed on tracker- 04 Aug
New Biometrics linked/completed - 15 Aug
Background check - still in progress

Reactions: tedfaro

tjtabel21

Jul 21, 2023
hey everyone!!

just called IRCC to ask what my PVO and SVO are. My PVO is CPC Ottawa and SVO is CIO Sydney, NS.

Is there anything I should be worried about? It's been fast enough so far.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
hey everyone!!

just called IRCC to ask what my PVO and SVO are. My PVO is CPC Ottawa and SVO is CIO Sydney, NS.

Is there anything I should be worried about? It's been fast enough so far.
Every VO has been called slow and fast at the same time in this forum. I'd simply ignore any concerns for now. Also your VOs can change too, they are not static.

AasimarSalute

Jun 16, 2021
FSW inland. Sharing my time line here:
  1. AOR: 07/21/2023
  2. Medical Passed: 08/10/2023
  3. Biometrics collection letter: 08/10/2023
  4. Bio completed & linked: 08/11/2023
Now my tacker says (08/15/2023):
Biometrics - Completed
Medical Exam - Completed
Eligibility - Completed (It was "Not started" on 08/14, there was a ghost update on GCkey on 14th, and on 15th it turned "Completed")
Background Verification - In Progress

My partner's tracker says (08/15/2023):
Biometrics - Completed
Medical Exam - Completed
Eligibility - Not started
Background Verification - In Progress

I wonder if this is normal? I heard people saying having "Background verification status has been updated to In progress" in Tracker history, combined with keyword "Security" in web console code means you're going into a long security process.

Last edited:

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I wonder if this is normal? I heard people saying having "Background verification status has been updated to In progress" in Tracker history means you're going into a long security process.
Everything is normal in your process. About BGC changes and enhanced security, I've seen zero evidences to say that it happens that way.

WM510

Jul 20, 2023
It looks like they've actively shifted focus away from processing PR apps at the moment; seems very few people if any have been getting through BGC in the past couple of weeks. Maybe delaying processing because they're approaching the 2023 immig quotas faster than expected?
I went from receiving the AOR to having everything but BGC completed in 10 days, and then no updates for over a month since then.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Thanks for the reply! I was getting anxious about this all day now :(
If it worries, you'll I'd simply call them and ask about sub stages of BGC (security, criminality, etc). An agent can tell you whether you are security started or completed - if it isn't started, you are not in c-check; if it is started you'll only have to wait a month to know if you were sent for c-check. If security is completed, problem solved.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
It looks like they've actively shifted focus away from processing PR apps at the moment; seems very few people if any have been getting through BGC in the past couple of weeks. Maybe delaying processing because they're approaching the 2023 immig quotas faster than expected?
I went from receiving the AOR to having everything but BGC completed in 10 days, and then no updates for over a month since then.
BGC takes 110 days to finish if you aren't sent for c-check. With their SLAs still 6 months (for processing 80% of the applications) and avg processing time of 5 months, I'd keep that as my source of truth.

WM510

Jul 20, 2023
BGC takes 110 days to finish if you aren't sent for c-check. With their SLAs still 6 months (for processing 80% of the applications) and avg processing time of 5 months, I'd keep that as my source of truth.
Historically, their SLA targets have been about as accurate as a random number generator would be.

The 5 months is for apps that started 5 months ago, and 5 months ago that was at like 20 months so that figure also means practically nothing, given that it could be back up to 20 months or down to 1 month for applications sent today...

Not that I'm certain they've slowed down, of course, as I only have anecdotal evidence in the form of the different places where people post their timelines. But AFAIK that anecdotal evidence is as good as any other evidence we have.

I'm curious as to where you got the 110 days though? Doesn't seem to match most recent applicants' (public) timelines?

vanillabean

Star Member
Jun 29, 2023
Got off the call with IRCC:

Eligibility: Recommended Pass (is it as good as clear? what do you guys think)
Criminality: Clear
Info Sharing: Complete
Security: Not started
PVO: CIO Sydney
SVO: CPC Ottawa
Hey I have exact same status and VO’s as you. I just have May 3 AOR