AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
My GCMS showed Primary Office as CIO and Secondary as CPC-Ottawa. But few weeks back I inquired and was told that my file is at SGVO. I called after receiving the email to check on my status as I've been on NA2 for more than 50days and was told Eligibility and security check has not started yet.
Is it possible that GCMS shows CPC-Ottawa as secondary but my file has been sent to another office?
Yes if they said you are in SGVO, then that's probably where your file is. Another set of notes and you will be clear.

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
Thanks john for responding,

So the notes were pulled off on 21st aug and it was the program analyst that had put the remarks,.. They requested fbi pic around july 22. analyst notes says US info share received and NRT done ( which means Clean history, right?) So now that my additional docs says "we don't need any additional docs" I'm assuming my file is ready to be shipped to CPC. Eligibility passed (confirmed via phone) Due date 12 of Sep, so
1* what would be a good date for requesting second GCMS? Hopefully I won't need it but I would like your views on the date..
2* Any faint chance file will be sent to NDVO? My mailing address is U.S based n attorney is Toronto based so I'm guessing they will process n finalize it from CPC Ottawa?
1 - Do the notes ASAP if you truly need it since you have passed eligibility too. There is good chance that you will get PPR before the notes.
2 - With CIC you can never be sure...but I guess you will be in Ottawa itself. Again....its speculation. We will never truly know!

nettiekiki

Aug 16, 2017
Hi everyone,

I emailed the Ottawa office regarding my application regarding the status of my application. And after 3 days Gisele from the Ottawa office replied:

"Your application was received is currently in queue for review by an officer. Please note that we are unable to estimate the remaining processing time required for your application."

and then

"If additional documents are needed, an officer will contact you."

Anyone of you here have read and received this kind of reply from CIC?

Here's my timeline for reference:

FSW-O
VO - Ottawa
AOR - July 11
RPRF Request - August 14
RPRF Paid - August 18

In my RPRF letter it's noted that Security and Criminality is currently in process. I don't know what stage is that I assume its NA2 or IP2?

LagosNG

Jun 19, 2017
Folks...

I have been at NA2 since August 18. Additional documents section reads: additional documents you provided have been uploaded. ( even though I did not get any request for additional docs but I guess its ny LOE and supporting docs)

Ever since then..no changes.

My question is...from additional documents uploaded--->does that status change 'we do not need additional documents' or 'additional dicuments are being reviewed'

SnowXmas

Jul 31, 2017
Guys,
I have different problem. I dropped a mail to CIC regarding status of my application. They said it has been approved and I will receive PPR shortly. But its already been more than week I haven't received it. Many candidates have got their mail yesterday and last week also. But, I haven't. There are more candidates like this who are stuck at ip2.
I am on ip2 since 18th Aug. Not sure what is taking so much of time. Please help.

Ambidextrause

May 5, 2017
Guys,
I have different problem. I dropped a mail to CIC regarding status of my application. They said it has been approved and I will receive PPR shortly. But its already been more than week I haven't received it. Many candidates have got their mail yesterday and last week also. But, I haven't. There are more candidates like this who are stuck at ip2.
I am on ip2 since 18th Aug. Not sure what is taking so much of time. Please help.
There is only little help to be offered here than the advice to have a little patience. You said the email from them confirmed that your application has been approved. Just relax, I would say- even though I know how it feels to be so much expectant.

Reactions: Wandering Mind

Ambidextrause

May 5, 2017
Hang in there tight fellas @drCAN . You will later on see additional docs change to we do not need any additional docs n trust me it never changed to that until my gcms request was hit.. So GCMS did kick off that n now I know file is leaving CIO to CPC (From agent phone call). Yours might go to CPC too or maybe LVO or in the worst case CIO might hang on to ur file n issue PPR after like 2/3 months from now (worst case).. expecting my gcms this week mostly.. ordered around aug2 so will let you know about that when they arrive.. let's stick together till we get this done !! Tag me msg me or whatever in case you see someone's file move from CIO to PPR,..
I actually got an email response that my application is being processed at the CPC Ottawa and that's since Aug 23. My background status is still "Not Applicable" (NA2) since then even though people said Ottawa is the fastest. Any clue to what is going on? @jackbauer

jv.fswin

Aug 13, 2017
Folks...

I have been at NA2 since August 18. Additional documents section reads: additional documents you provided have been uploaded. ( even though I did not get any request for additional docs but I guess its ny LOE and supporting docs)

Ever since then..no changes.

My question is...from additional documents uploaded--->does that status change 'we do not need additional documents' or 'additional dicuments are being reviewed'
There is no fixed pattern for the additional documents message. I had mine changed from 'we do not need ' to 'documents uploaded' and after it again changed to are being reviewed when i got my ppr. I have seen people having the ADR status as we do not need additional documents getting PPR.
So it can either be ' we do not need' or 'being reviewed' when your get the PPR.

Reactions: LagosNG

mapleleaf88

Jun 27, 2017
AOR Received.
26-07-2017
Good news guys. Received PPR on September 6th morning.

ITA- June 28
AOR- July 26
PPR- September 5

A representative filed my application so I don't know the exact dates of status changes. However, I had asked for a couple of updates on August 16th and 30th respectively.

August 16th- Medicals passed, UCI generated, BGC- Not Applicable.

August 30th- BGC "We are processing your...."

-FSW-O (India)
-Upfront RPRF.
-Nearly 4 years work experience.
-3 PCC.
-Visa Office- CPC Ottawa.

That's it. All the best guys!

jackbauer

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Other
I actually got an email response that my application is being processed at the CPC Ottawa and that's since Aug 23. My background status is still "Not Applicable" (NA2) since then even though people said Ottawa is the fastest. Any clue to what is going on? @jackbauer
Hey,

You r lucky, I've seen folks with b/g na gone directly to PPR so the electronic system is glitchy at best. Good way to know exactly is calling the automated telephone system on +16139444000 and hear it out (Don't speak to agent just hear the automated thing) Next comes email to CPC. The best way is GCMS though! Please let us know as well...

PDChicago

Star Member
Jul 11, 2013
First I guess it changes to the docs are received. Then after a while it changes to we are reviewing the addn docs that you uploaded. Finally they will change to we do not need any additional docs. If this happens along with a "Your background c is being processed" you are at 'IP2'
Thank you for the reply. My profile says 'We do not need additional documents'. However, it said that right after I uploaded the PCC. So not sure if I can go by it.

Cbhav1

Star Member
Apr 5, 2017
Guys..I have been stuck in IP1 for a long time. Do you what what is the best method to reach them. I believe GCMS is only for folks in Canada so not applicable in my case.

Cee Jay

Star Member
Aug 8, 2017
Hi Guys,

I sent email to this address cpc-ctd-ottawa@cic.gc.ca and below is the reply after many days. Pls what is the meaning? Did I send mail to the wrong place? Meanwhile my timeline is - AOR (24th July), Med Passed (4th Aug), since then Background check - application in progress

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please note that your application is not processed at this office. You will have to use our online web form to submit your inquiry or contact the Call Centre, toll-free from within Canada, at 1-888-242-2100.

Online web form: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Regards,

Anne

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada

Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada

www.cic.gc.ca

dhyanivishal

Apr 19, 2017
Hi Guys,

I sent email to this address cpc-ctd-ottawa@cic.gc.ca and below is the reply after many days. Pls what is the meaning? Did I send mail to the wrong place? Meanwhile my timeline is - AOR (24th July), Med Passed (4th Aug), since then Background check - application in progress

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please note that your application is not processed at this office. You will have to use our online web form to submit your inquiry or contact the Call Centre, toll-free from within Canada, at 1-888-242-2100.

Online web form: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Regards,

Anne

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada

Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada

www.cic.gc.ca
I got the same reply from them. I replied to this mail asking for status again and then they said, my application is being processed at CIO, without specifying the location. I gave up on the idea of writing a mail to them for this then, and the same evening I got a mail from them stating that my application is being processed at CIO Sydney, Nova Scotia.

brkglm

Sep 6, 2017
Dear friends, there is an update on my BG,

As of yesterday September 6th my application status was;
  • Stream: CEC
  • 1 depended
  • Residency: Canada
  • RPRF: Paid upfront
  • AOR: July 05, 2017
  • Medical Passed: August 12, 2017 (not sure might be earlier, I noticed on that day.)
  • Additional documents that I submit are been reviewed
  • BG: We are processing your background check. we will send you a message if we need more information. (I noticed this around August 29th, 2017)
And now BG change to; "Not applicable". is this something wrong or this is the 3rd NA ? o_Oo_Oo_O

Last edited:
Reactions: angelbird