+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2023 - Visitor Visa - India

GR19

Jul 6, 2023
Category........
VISIT
Hey Everyone,

I am opening this Thread for all Visitor Visa Applications for the month of July 2023 from India.
Please post your timelines in order to understand the processing times better.

PFB my Parents Visitor Visa Timeline:

Application Submitted: June 29th, 2023
Client Application Summary Uploaded: July 2nd, 2023
Biometrics from Previous Application updated on: July 2nd, 2023
Background Verification: In Progress
Eligibility Started: July 11th, 2023
Applied through new IRCC Portal

Last edited:

GR19

Jul 6, 2023
Category........
VISIT
yes just now, Eligibility still shows In Progress in Tracker but Portal updated to rejected

faisalshaikhpro

Nov 7, 2016
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
yes just now, Eligibility still shows In Progress in Tracker but Portal updated to rejected
Sorry to here that, have you requested GCMS and applied on that basis ? are you applying your self or consultant?

GR19

Jul 6, 2023
Category........
VISIT
Had applied for GCMS notes, had addressed all the comments they had mentioned.
I had applied it myself.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/ section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:

• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).

• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

GR19

Jul 6, 2023
Category........
VISIT
Could someone please help me understand why the below reason has been stated for refusal every single time?

• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application

PFB the purpose I had specified:
I will be visiting my Son who is on Work Permit in Calgary along with my wife for a short visit of 3 weeks. Our travel dates will be from August 2nd 2023 till August 22nd 2023. In this period, we are looking forward to spend time with our son whom we haven't visited for a long time and will be visiting the tourist spots in Calgary like Banff and Jasper.

Reactions: Adeel1981

Dhillon96

Star Member
Jun 30, 2023
Could someone please help me understand why the below reason has been stated for refusal every single time?

• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application

PFB the purpose I had specified:
I will be visiting my Son who is on Work Permit in Calgary along with my wife for a short visit of 3 weeks. Our travel dates will be from August 2nd 2023 till August 22nd 2023. In this period, we are looking forward to spend time with our son whom we haven't visited for a long time and will be visiting the tourist spots in Calgary like Banff and Jasper.
How much you have liquid assets and immovable assets?
How much money you showed that you have for the visit?
Did you mentioned that why will you go back to your home country?
Do you or your wife have any job?
Any other children?

GR19

Jul 6, 2023
Category........
VISIT
How much you have liquid assets and immovable assets? (Applicant - Parents)
Liquid: 102,246 CAD
Immovable: 118,900

Sponsor: 37,000 CAD

Yes, I have a sister and she has kids, so I had mentioned that they will be returning back to be with their Grandkids and that they take care of them when my Brother in law goes on Business trips. Had also mentioned that in order to receive pension my father has to be physically present in India.

I am single, here on work permit.

Any other children?
I have a sister

Dhillon96

Star Member
Jun 30, 2023
How much you have liquid assets and immovable assets? (Applicant - Parents)
Liquid: 102,246 CAD
Immovable: 118,900

Sponsor: 37,000 CAD

Yes, I have a sister and she has kids, so I had mentioned that they will be returning back to be with their Grandkids and that they take care of them when my Brother in law goes on Business trips. Had also mentioned that in order to receive pension my father has to be physically present in India.

I am single, here on work permit.

Any other children?
I have a sister
Honestly what I have seen that it all depends on visa officer who’s handling your application. Some are very lenient that no ties matter and some are very strict that even if you all the required documentation, they reject.
One thing you can do is show that they are spending money on themselves during their visit and not you.As in your case, your sister is not dependent as she is already married and she is not considered as a strong tie for your parents.
I would also suggest take advice from an immigration lawyer, to better understand your situation and represent it appropriately. I wish you luck.

Reactions: GR19

GR19

Jul 6, 2023
Category........
VISIT
Honestly what I have seen that it all depends on visa officer who’s handling your application. Some are very lenient that no ties matter and some are very strict that even if you all the required documentation, they reject.
One thing you can do is show that they are spending money on themselves during their visit and not you.As in your case, your sister is not dependent as she is already married and she is not considered as a strong tie for your parents.
I would also suggest take advice from an immigration lawyer, to better understand your situation and represent it appropriately. I wish you luck.
I just hope that my documents were reviewed, cause I don't think they would have rejected it so soon.
Eligibility started in the morning and rejected by noon.
Yeah you are right, looks like a Lawyer is my one and only option now.
Thank you.

Dhillon96

Star Member
Jun 30, 2023
I just hope that my documents were reviewed, cause I don't think they would have rejected it so soon.
Eligibility started in the morning and rejected by noon.
Yeah you are right, looks like a Lawyer is my one and only option now.
Thank you.
Yes, you can always go with reconsideration as lawyer can help you out with that stuff.
Approval or rejection, it doesn’t matter they usually take a day or couple weeks, again IRCC is hard to understand.

GR19

Jul 6, 2023
Category........
VISIT
Yes, you can always go with reconsideration as lawyer can help you out with that stuff.
Approval or rejection, it doesn’t matter they usually take a day or couple weeks, again IRCC is hard to understand.
correct, I have given up trying to understand whats really expected of me.
Seems more like a game of luck now.

Its too expensive to approach a lawyer for reconsideration, so I dont have that option.

Dhillon96

Star Member
Jun 30, 2023
correct, I have given up trying to understand whats really expected of me.
Seems more like a game of luck now.

Its too expensive to approach a lawyer for reconsideration, so I dont have that option.
I am talking about immigration lawyer who are qualified RCIC, I am not talking about going through judicial as it’s way too expensive, I know.
Google those RCIC’s and contact them, I had seen them on social media, they helped many people through reconsiderations.

Reactions: GR19

GR19

Jul 6, 2023
Category........
VISIT
I am talking about immigration lawyer who are qualified RCIC, I am not talking about going through judicial as it’s way too expensive, I know.
Google those RCIC’s and contact them, I had seen them on social media, they helped many people through reconsiderations.
Oh my bad, let me try to contact them and get some information.
Thank you Dhillon, your words helped me deal with the situation a lil better.

Reactions: Dhillon96