Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Awesome, thank you so much, and congratulations. I have been outside Canada a lot since my PR, LOL, almost 4months(in different trips and over 2 years). mine is scheduled for Feb 22nd.
We’ll be there too, at 10 am. We travel a lot

jay31

Jun 27, 2020
hello friends, I have filed for citizenship online application on July 9th, 2023, and I am still waiting for update. my timeline is :-

application filed- July 9, 2023
AOR- August 14, 2023
Fingerprint request- August 28, 2023
Fingerprint provided- August 29, 2023
Citizenship test appeared & passed- September 8, 2023
Fingerprint updated and under review- September 18, 2023
Citizenship test completed- September 30, 2023
Ghost update - October 27, 2023

no update after that, called so many times to IRCC, they have same generic answer that my application is under process, processing time is 15 months, please wait.
my application was non-routine, but last time I called the agent confirmed that it is a routine application. background is still under process since September 18, 2023, LPP not started. applied GCMS notes in December 2023, received in January 2024, there is no update on the notes, no information regarding background check, no reason mentioned.

please help guys, please suggest what can be done?

• Sad
Reactions: unsure dream

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
hello friends, I have filed for citizenship online application on July 9th, 2023, and I am still waiting for update. my timeline is :-

application filed- July 9, 2023
AOR- August 14, 2023
Fingerprint request- August 28, 2023
Fingerprint provided- August 29, 2023
Citizenship test appeared & passed- September 8, 2023
Fingerprint updated and under review- September 18, 2023
Citizenship test completed- September 30, 2023
Ghost update - October 27, 2023

no update after that, called so many times to IRCC, they have same generic answer that my application is under process, processing time is 15 months, please wait.
my application was non-routine, but last time I called the agent confirmed that it is a routine application. background is still under process since September 18, 2023, LPP not started. applied GCMS notes in December 2023, received in January 2024, there is no update on the notes, no information regarding background check, no reason mentioned.

please help guys, please suggest what can be done?

It's understandable that you're feeling anxious about the lengthy processing time for your Canadian citizenship application. While a 15-month processing timeline is quoted, individual cases can vary, and unfortunately, there's no guaranteed way to expedite the process. However, here are some suggestions that might help:

1. Contact your Member of Parliament (MP): Your MP can intervene on your behalf and inquire about your application's status with IRCC. This can sometimes put some pressure on their office to prioritize your case.

2. Request an update through the web form: Although you've received generic responses previously, try submitting a web form request through IRCC's website. This provides a documented record of your inquiry and might prompt a more specific update.

3. Consider hiring a lawyer: While not essential, an immigration lawyer can help navigate the complexities of the process, understand your rights, and potentially identify any issues delaying your application.

4. Stay patient and organized: While waiting, ensure you have all your documents readily available, including your application package, AOR letter, and any communication from IRCC. This will expedite any additional information requests they might have.

Additional points to consider:
  • Ghost update: The October 27th update might not be entirely meaningless. Sometimes, minor internal system updates can trigger these notifications without indicating significant progress.
  • GCMS notes: While the notes might not provide specific details, they could offer clues about potential delays. Analyzing them with an immigration lawyer might reveal insights.
Remember, even though your application was initially marked non-routine, it's encouraging that an IRCC agent confirmed it's now considered routine. This suggests any initial complexities might have been resolved.

It's crucial to manage your expectations and understand that processing times can be frustratingly unpredictable. While the suggestions above might offer some assistance, ultimately, patience and staying organized are key during this waiting period.

hamasi

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
I had my interview today, the whole process took less than half an hour, they just checked my documents such as IDs and passports, and they also asked about a physical print of my physical presence calculation, which I didn't have with me. they told me to check my email and expect to receive an email in a month or two regarding the next step, which will be an invitation to the oath ceremony if everything goes well. pretty much nothing!

Reactions: Debby25

Debby25

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
I had my interview today, the whole process took less than half an hour, they just checked my documents such as IDs and passports, and they also asked about a physical print of my physical presence calculation, which I didn't have with me. they told me to check my email and expect to receive an email in a month or two regarding the next step, which will be an invitation to the oath ceremony if everything goes well. pretty much nothing!
Seems like my interview. It’s been 3 months since then and I’m still waiting for Oath (LPP was completed 2 days after the interview). I hope your wait will be shorter!!

jay31

Jun 27, 2020
It's understandable that you're feeling anxious about the lengthy processing time for your Canadian citizenship application. While a 15-month processing timeline is quoted, individual cases can vary, and unfortunately, there's no guaranteed way to expedite the process. However, here are some suggestions that might help:

1. Contact your Member of Parliament (MP): Your MP can intervene on your behalf and inquire about your application's status with IRCC. This can sometimes put some pressure on their office to prioritize your case.

2. Request an update through the web form: Although you've received generic responses previously, try submitting a web form request through IRCC's website. This provides a documented record of your inquiry and might prompt a more specific update.

3. Consider hiring a lawyer: While not essential, an immigration lawyer can help navigate the complexities of the process, understand your rights, and potentially identify any issues delaying your application.

4. Stay patient and organized: While waiting, ensure you have all your documents readily available, including your application package, AOR letter, and any communication from IRCC. This will expedite any additional information requests they might have.

• Ghost update: The October 27th update might not be entirely meaningless. Sometimes, minor internal system updates can trigger these notifications without indicating significant progress.
  • GCMS notes: While the notes might not provide specific details, they could offer clues about potential delays. Analyzing them with an immigration lawyer might reveal insights.
Remember, even though your application was initially marked non-routine, it's encouraging that an IRCC agent confirmed it's now considered routine. This suggests any initial complexities might have been resolved.

It's crucial to manage your expectations and understand that processing times can be frustratingly unpredictable. While the suggestions above might offer some assistance, ultimately, patience and staying organized are key during this waiting period.
thank you so much for your reply.

jay31

Jun 27, 2020

I have requested CSIS for the timeline and received. letter today, would you be able to make me understand what's written in the reply??? I appreciate your help.

citapplicant

Oct 9, 2023
For me CSIS notes were only two pages and heavily redacted/erased. What's on yours? In the attached letter they said they issued their decision/suggestion after around 2 weeks of my application.

hamasi

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
I had my interview last Friday, and today I received an email with an invitation code and instructions on how to download my citizenship certificate, but I haven't attended the oath ceremony yet! My physical presence and prohibition are still in progress. so is that something normal? this email I mean.

• Wow
Reactions: citapplicant

shreekm1

Jun 13, 2018
I had my interview last Friday, and today I received an email with an invitation code and instructions on how to download my citizenship certificate, but I haven't attended the oath ceremony yet! My physical presence and prohibition are still in progress. so is that something normal? this email I mean.
Congratulations. Was your interview in person or online?

hamasi

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
Congratulations. Was your interview in person or online?
it was in person interview and he asked me only about my documents. I have been told to wait for an oat ceremony invitation email, does this email mean that I got the citizenship? or its something else? I mean, I received the instructions about how to download my citizenship certificate, But I haven't received the oat ceremony date and link, and physical presence and prohibition are still in progress.

Last edited:

hamasi

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
NEVER MIND! I got the ceremony invitation, it is going to be online over Zoom and scheduled for March 6th. they also mentioned that the email I received and explained earlier on this topic was an auto-generated email and the certificate will be available for download after the ceremony! Finally after exactly 7.5 months! hope yall get this email soon!

shreekm1

Jun 13, 2018
I just finished my interview. It was online. They mentioned it was just an additional review as I had multiple travel history in the past 5 years. They verified my PR card and Passport. that's it. nothing else.

1. What are you currently doing? Student or Working? What type of work are you doing?
2. Where and all have you visited in the past 5 years? (Told the country names I visited and mentioned I had been there for a vacation)
3. Asked to show the PR card?
4. Asked to show the Passport front page?

That's it. She mentioned, she is good with the application and next step is oath ceremony and I will get the details about that in next 4-6 weeks.