+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2023 - Citizenship Applications

citapplicant

Oct 9, 2023
I don't think they will have access to that information since Canada doesn't have any political relations with my country
You don't know what CSIS has access to. They might be (highly likely) tracking postal service packages (it is enough for them to see sender and receiver address to get an idea of what is going on but keep on reading). Especially documents containing "special documents". You can't ship passports without proper documentation. So it is highly likely that they are aware of your application.

Reactions: hamasi

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi Seniors!

I need your advice. I am applying for citizenship. There is one question that asks for other names ever used. I use a short part (Raj) of my first name (Rajpreet) at work mainly Email Signatures, LinkedIn, etc. I have never used this name on anything official (IDs, passports, government records, etc.). Do we put in short names there?

Any similar experiences?
No you don’t need to .

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi Seniors!

I need your advice. I am applying for citizenship. There is one question that asks for other names ever used. I use a short part (Raj) of my first name (Rajpreet) at work mainly Email Signatures, LinkedIn, etc. I have never used this name on anything official (IDs, passports, government records, etc.). Do we put in short names there?

Any similar experiences?
If you have formally undergone a name change then you use the field to provide the old name. It's not needed for short names.

Temitee002

Jan 26, 2021
And the journey of many years has finally come to an end. I thank this forum for all of your inputs and assistance. Hoping and praying that all those waiting will be pleasantly surprised soon
Citizenship ceremony was completed yesterday
Received certificate today - onto passport next.

wishing everyone the very best!
Update: Applied for my passport today, got to the passport office as early as 6am (I know I know don’t judge me), but was able to get it today at 3pm( I’m travelling tomorrow). And yes, it’s the new model

Good luck everyone, will stick around for a while for any questions. I am grateful to you all for all your support

Canada102938

Dec 27, 2023
If you have formally undergone a name change then you use the field to provide the old name. It's not needed for short names.
Even if the short name appears on the web/google search? My short name (Raj) appears on the internet mostly than my full first name (Rajpreet).

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Even if the short name appears on the web/google search? My short name (Raj) appears on the internet mostly than my full first name (Rajpreet).
Official documentation matters. Informal name do not have any documentation to support the claim. Internet search results don't count. You can always choose a display name as Rajpreet(Raj).

Debby25

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
there is an update on my timeline, I have been invited to an interview with an officer! what should I expect? any idea guys?
They are going to ask you some general questions, check your IDs and passports and recalculate your Physical Presence if necessary (especially if you applied with almost the bare minimum days).

Other than your ID and Passport, bring also your Visas, proof of English, or anything related to your immigration history in Canada. I was asked my College graduation document even though it had anything to do with the citizenship application.

hamasi

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
They are going to ask you some general questions, check your IDs and passports and recalculate your Physical Presence if necessary (especially if you applied with almost the bare minimum days).

Other than your ID and Passport, bring also your Visas, proof of English, or anything related to your immigration history in Canada. I was asked my College graduation document even though it had anything to do with the citizenship application.
Thanks for the detail. oh yeah I just filled the application exactly the same day I became eligible(2095days), and was in canada since I submitted my application.

I just received the interview email today, requesting me what to bring. and here is what I've asked to take with me:

On the day of this event, you will be interviewed by a citizenship officer or agent to verify your identity
and the documents you provided at the time you applied for citizenship.
IMPORTANT: You must notify IRCC immediately if any statements made or information provided in
connection with your application have changed since filing your application for citizenship, such as
immigration or criminal proceedings that have been brought against you.
To attend the citizenship interviewin person, you will need:
 Two (2) pieces of photo identification (ID) with your signature on it, such as
o your permanent resident (PR) card (even if it’s expired) and
o a valid government issued photo ID.
 All your original documents that support your citizenship application (as listed in the document
checklist in the citizenship application form).
 Permanent resident card (if you have ever received one).
 All originalpassports and travel documents in your possession (current and expired).

what is included in this: All your original documents that support your? should I also take the immigration forms I filled out and my graduate degree that I used for my language skills?

jobishis

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Thanks for the detail. oh yeah I just filled the application exactly the same day I became eligible(2095days), and was in canada since I submitted my application.

I just received the interview email today, requesting me what to bring. and here is what I've asked to take with me:

On the day of this event, you will be interviewed by a citizenship officer or agent to verify your identity
IMPORTANT: You must notify IRCC immediately if any statements made or information provided in
connection with your application have changed since filing your application for citizenship, such as
 Two (2) pieces of photo identification (ID) with your signature on it, such as
 All your original documents that support your citizenship application (as listed in the document
 All originalpassports and travel documents in your possession (current and expired).

what is included in this: All your original documents that support your? should I also take the immigration forms I filled out and my graduate degree that I used for my language skills?
Yaa better keep everything and prepared. It will fine. I have't seen anyone get rejected interview. As far as you are not hiding any criminal offence or wrong information.

Debby25

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017

Same situation, I applied with 1098 days and multiple travel history and in November I got called for an interview. Nothing to be worried about if everything you put in the application is truthful and accurate.

I would say yes, better to bring everything you have to backup your Canada immigration history (work/study permits, visas, IELTS/CELPIP results, college graduation). It may not be necessary, but at least you have it just in case

shreekm1

Jun 13, 2018
I got interview date updates on Feb 2nd in the tracker. But no emails yet. Interview date is Feb 27th. By when can I expect email? How long will it take usually or how many days before the interview date they will send email?

Submission: July 2023.
test completed in October.
Interview update received on Feb 2nd
Interview date Feb 27th
I took the test from outside Canada.
Waiting for LPP and oath.

no email received yet.

Debby25

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
I got interview date updates on Feb 2nd in the tracker. But no emails yet. Interview date is Feb 27th. By when can I expect email? How long will it take usually or how many days before the interview date they will send email?

Submission: July 2023.
test completed in October.
Interview update received on Feb 2nd
Interview date Feb 27th
I took the test from outside Canada.
Waiting for LPP and oath.

no email received yet.
I received my interview email the same day I got the update in the tracker. If you don’t receive email by Feb 20th (even a few days earlier) call IRCC. Always check your Junk inbox as well.

Reactions: shreekm1

shreekm1

Jun 13, 2018
I received my interview email the same day I got the update in the tracker. If you don’t receive email by Feb 20th (even a few days earlier) call IRCC. Always check your Junk inbox as well.
Sure will call them and check. From which email id we usually get these interview details?