+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2023 - Citizenship Applications

deenyakurimwa

Jul 26, 2017
Just was on the phone with an agent, he suggested not to jump to get ATIP as it usualy leads to a longer wait time since thr agent who provide and sends the notes is same person who works on the application. I think it could also brings up the application to the agent's attention. I dont know it may help your case, or the opposite. any insights?
why do they mean ordering will lead to longer wait?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Just was on the phone with an agent, he suggested not to jump to get ATIP as it usualy leads to a longer wait time since thr agent who provide and sends the notes is same person who works on the application. I think it could also brings up the application to the agent's attention. I dont know it may help your case, or the opposite. any insights?
They just fool us by giving such info. It's separate team. If agent starts processing ATIP request no work would be done. There are people in forum who have applied for notes every month without any issues.

hamasi

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
why do they mean ordering will lead to longer wait?
the agent told me requestion ATIP may delay the delay the process further. which im not sure of its accurcy, just writing here what he said! hopefully its wrong! coz I already requested ATIP for the second time since only my Prohibition and Phyisical presence are still in progress!

GerhardR

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
Phoned IRCC, basically no real update for scheduling my oath as I am still within the 19 months timeline. A bit frustrating since we've been sitting in that queue for oath since November 2nd.

• Sad
Reactions: Debby25

Debby25

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
Phoned IRCC, basically no real update for scheduling my oath as I am still within the 19 months timeline. A bit frustrating since we've been sitting in that queue for oath since November 2nd.
I was thinking to phone IRCC too, but I wasn’t sure they could help. Been waiting since November 29th for my Oath date.

Reactions: pumpkin_latte

MT1717

Nov 2, 2022
Type: Online application
VO: Scarborough
Physical Presence Days: 1103
Application: Single
Application submitted: July 21, 2023
AOR: August 22, 2023 (from Sydney office)

Completed:
Background Verification: Sept 5, 2023
Test Taken: Sept 15, 2023
Test Completed on the tracker: Sept 20, 2023
LPP Complete: Dec 15, 2023

Citizenship Ceremony: Scheduled for Jan 31, 2024

GerhardR

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
Type: Online application
VO: Scarborough
Physical Presence Days: 1103
Application: Single
Application submitted: July 21, 2023
AOR: August 22, 2023 (from Sydney office)

Completed:
Background Verification: Sept 5, 2023
Test Taken: Sept 15, 2023
Test Completed on the tracker: Sept 20, 2023
LPP Complete: Dec 15, 2023

Citizenship Ceremony: Scheduled for Jan 31, 2024
envy!

gr8man

Sep 8, 2017
Primary: Scarborough
Secondary: Sydney - RC8090
Filed: July 1st
AOR: Jul 31
Test complete: Aug 22
Bg complete: Sept 12
LPP: Nov 29
Oath scheduled: Jan 8( tracker updated Dec 6 )
The citizenship journey comes to an end for me. I had a zoom virtual ceremony today. Lasted about 1.5 hours.

I asked the clerk if I could get my citizenship certificate sooner than the official processing time of upto 5 days. She asked me to submit oath form after the ceremony is over. Overall all officials were very nice and welcoming. Being declared a citizen was an emotional moment for me.

I checked for my wife's e-certificate 2 hours after the ceremony and it was available. I had issues logging into IRCC portal with my usual email ID ( they had to add a surprise at the end ).

I registered an account with IRCC portal from a different email ID and was able to download my certificate as well.

Best of luck to those waiting. It is going to happen soon.

cana_prav

Aug 28, 2023
the agent told me requestion ATIP may delay the delay the process further. which im not sure of its accurcy, just writing here what he said! hopefully its wrong! coz I already requested ATIP for the second time since only my Prohibition and Phyisical presence are still in progress!
I got my test letter and the same afternoon got the ATIP notes. It looked like it triggered the application.

eee

Star Member
Mar 23, 2017
hi ,

anyone has got LPP done already who completed test between sep 25th to sep 30th ?

i did mine sep 28th and no update , lpp is in progress . its almost 3 1/2 months.

hamasi

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
It seems I am not going anywhere so far, My Physical and Prohibition is still in progress. Language skills completed on Dec 14 tho! isnt it weird? only PP are pending and the L is completed! :D