+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2023 - Citizenship Applications

hamasi

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
Here comes another "is it normal?" Understand that with ircc, nothing is normal. It can take just a few days or few weeks or few months. For no apparent reason. Should I do something? you can, but probably will make no impact at this point whatsoever. If your file is newer than the posted processing time on the website of 17 months, you are out of luck whatever you do.
Lol, it seems a lot of peeps asked the same question, my bad bro. you know it is a super freaking frustrating and of course uncertain process. but thanks for the info.

gotanswers?

Star Member
Mar 22, 2017
Hi everyone. is it normal to receive Test invite before Background, Language, Physical Presence is complete?

For those who had the same scenario, how did it go?
Hi Seems like its the new norm. If you look at tracker, majority of newer applicants are getting test invite before LPP completion. It was case for me too. I am stuck after that although I did get asked for full PP scan 2 weeks ago which I sent same day and no update since

Chilling.Lion

Star Member
Feb 16, 2021
Hi Seems like its the new norm. If you look at tracker, majority of newer applicants are getting test invite before LPP completion. It was case for me too. I am stuck after that although I did get asked for full PP scan 2 weeks ago which I sent same day and no update since
Thank you.
What is a full PP scan?

gotanswers?

Star Member
Mar 22, 2017
Thank you.
What is a full PP scan?

In order for Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to continue the process of your citizenship application, scanned copies or photos of all passport(s) and travel document(s) pages held during your eligibility period are required. If you do not have a travel document or passport, please provide an explanation.

You must provide a colour copy of each page, including blank pages.

The required documents have to be sent within twenty-one (21) calendar days from the date of this notice and by replying to this email. If necessary, you may be asked to present your original documents or other documents at a later date.

Debby25

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
May I please ask if you know the reason for the interview. Asking because you mentioned travel docs and I applied with expired passport from my home country. Wondering if I may be summoned for an interview because of that.
I did attach an LOE explaining that my passport was expired and I am yet to renew it. I have only been out of the country once, since I became PR and this was years ago before the passport expiry.
This is what the notice says “INVITATION TO AN INTERVIEW WITH A CITIZENSHIP OFFICIAL AND VERIFICATION OF IDENTITY/DOCUMENTS”

I have applied with two passports (one expired, and the new one) and have over 30 days outside Canada as a PR. Not sure if that’s the reason, just my guess.

As a note, prior to COVID everyone had to attend the interview so maybe they are rolling it out again for select people.

validity

Oct 9, 2023
Hi ,
Anyone get any update of LLP after ghost update on 27 oct.
I did...my wife completed her test on Nov 2 and it was updated on Nov 3. Our LPPs had been updated completed before she sat for her test, but I had completed mine already. That was strange and I remember posting it here. So, today, we got our Oath Invitation for Dec 1

a6prasad

May 3, 2019
Anyone on this thread from Scarborough office received some positive news? (i.e. lpp complete, oath ceremony date etc.) if so can you please post your timeline?

Vancityed23

Oct 24, 2023
We got asked for full travel docs scanned copies. Just curious, how long it takes for them to verify that and respond again if anyone had this done?

gotanswers?

Star Member
Mar 22, 2017
We got asked for full travel docs scanned copies. Just curious, how long it takes for them to verify that and respond again if anyone had this done?
I got asked 2 weeks ago, submitted it same day. Radio silence since. I am assuming it came from Surrey office for you too

CABA

Jan 14, 2016
I did...my wife completed her test on Nov 2 and it was updated on Nov 3. Our LPPs had been updated completed before she sat for her test, but I had completed mine already. That was strange and I remember posting it here. So, today, we got our Oath Invitation for Dec 1
What did they ask in interview - how long did it last? my partner has been called for an online interview

Last edited: