+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2023 - Citizenship Applications

gamzoog

Feb 1, 2021
Hi! Both - I’ve taken my test on October 13th and it was marked completed on Oct 18th with date of Oct 16th. My guess is that they want to check my two passports (one expired) since I travelled outside Canada quite a few times in the past 5 years.
Thanks for your reply. Did you see any GUs (in case you checked it every day) during Oct 13 and Oct 18? Or did the test completed update come without GUs before it. Thanks!

doislan

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-02-2020
AOR Received.
12-02-2020
Med's Done....
24-02-2020
thank you....btw, you did not bring your kiddo to Canada for the oath, right? If they are under 14, they need not attend oath ceremony, is that right?
I don't have kids but yeah, only 14+ are required to be in the ceremony.

Debby25

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
Thanks for your reply. Did you see any GUs (in case you checked it every day) during Oct 13 and Oct 18? Or did the test completed update come without GUs before it. Thanks!
Yup, I was checking everyday LOL No ghost updates in between.

Mimi6583

Sep 14, 2023
No, and they didn’t ask for them now either. My invitation just says to bring all my travel documents (expired and current) and all the original documents I submitted with my application as ‘supporting documents’.
May I please ask if you know the reason for the interview. Asking because you mentioned travel docs and I applied with expired passport from my home country. Wondering if I may be summoned for an interview because of that.
I did attach an LOE explaining that my passport was expired and I am yet to renew it. I have only been out of the country once, since I became PR and this was years ago before the passport expiry.

Chilling.Lion

Star Member
Feb 16, 2021
Hi everyone. is it normal to receive Test invite before Background, Language, Physical Presence is complete?

For those who had the same scenario, how did it go?

hamasi

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
Hey guys, it's been over a month. My fingerprints and the background check were completed on October 6th; there were 4ghost updates on October 27th and nothing since then. Is it normal? should I do something? thanks

walter_white

Aug 30, 2019
Hey guys, it's been over a month. My fingerprints and the background check were completed on October 6th; there were 4ghost updates on October 27th and nothing since then. Is it normal? should I do something? thanks
Here comes another "is it normal?" Understand that with ircc, nothing is normal. It can take just a few days or few weeks or few months. For no apparent reason. Should I do something? you can, but probably will make no impact at this point whatsoever. If your file is newer than the posted processing time on the website of 17 months, you are out of luck whatever you do.