+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2023 - Citizenship Applications

KEBEE

Mar 16, 2021
Hi guys, I just received an email invite for an interview, I completed my test on October 4th, my office is Niagara Falls but the invite is from Kitchener.
does anyone have an idea of how they pick who to invite for interviews and what to expect during the interview? Thanks

May 30, 2023
I took my oath yesterday along with 136 other applicants on a Zoom call. It was a mixed experience with chaos and happiness. The judge was very good although very compassionate and straightforward (he even threatened to kick a few people out who were talking non-stop during the oath or were not paying their full attention :p).

I was able to download citizenship e-certificate's for entire family today, just one day after oath ceremony :).

Now onto the next step of applying for Canadian passport.

All the best to everyone here and I pray your citizenship journey comes to fruition very soon.

Debby25

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
Hi guys, I just received an email invite for an interview, I completed my test on October 4th, my office is Niagara Falls but the invite is from Kitchener.
does anyone have an idea of how they pick who to invite for interviews and what to expect during the interview? Thanks
My office is Mississauga and I got the interview invitation for Nov 27th at the Scarborough office. Test completed on Oct 13th and LPP still in progress. My husband and I have travelled outside Canada quite often so we think that may be why. I spoke with another July applicant who got the interview and he had an extensive travel history too. Is that the case for you too?

amosi

Jan 3, 2018
Hi
is there any thread/post explaining the whole citizenship ceremony day? I mean step by step
Thanks

doislan

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-02-2020
AOR Received.
12-02-2020
Med's Done....
24-02-2020
Hi
is there any thread/post explaining the whole citizenship ceremony day? I mean step by step
Thanks
The ceremony invitation also has all the information you need

Reactions: amosi

hamasi

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
I took the test on Sep 15th, the background check was completed on Oct6, and one update on Oct27, an nothing has been changed. Does anyone have similar situation? or any idea when I should expect to see any update? I am living in GTA and donno where my office is, I think it should be hamilton. thanks.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hey man, what does "confirmation of permanent residence (IMM5292 or IMM5688), as well as your record of landing (IMM 1000)," mean? First is COPR and what's IMM1000? Do we need it? It is just electronic, isn't it?
They ask for COPR in oath email but in the ceremony only PR card and a photo id is needed. IMM 1000 is needed for those who did landing before July 2022. New PR applicants don't need it.