+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2023 - Citizenship Applications

SoHunny

Apr 25, 2019
Type: Online
Application: Individual with 1097 days (no outside trip since 2017)
Visa Office: Mississauga or Scarborough (I can't remember)
Application sent: July 10, 2023
AOR: August 10, 2023
Background check completed: September 26, 2023
Test invite Letter: October 05, 2023 (Oct. 10 to Oct. 30)
Test Taken: October 12, 2023
Citizenship Test Completed: October 13, 2023
Language Skills Completed: October 25, 2023
Physical Presence Completed: October 25, 2023
Prohibition Completed: October 25, 2023
Ceremony Citizenship: Not started

Folks, This is my timeline. Typically, how long does it take that I receive oath letter??
It varies. Some people a week or two. Some people months. Take a look here to see others' experience.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GZjxBlTxM-FC5b0riTWQetmW0DsPX7Bgt5QQ9HTbP7I/edit?pli=1#gid=1128992897

soexcited

Oct 17, 2023
Hi All,
I hve received status update in my tracker today for citizenship ceremony with date of 3rd november ..which is next weekdate, however I havent received any email about it till now .. also when do we receive the instructions for citizenship certificate download and account creation?
Thank you all
Congrats, which office?

Anjanirai

Feb 5, 2016
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
15-09-2017
If the citizenship application is returned, for the reason of minor signing his application instead of me, will I be able to just edit that portion and recalculate the physical days present OR do I have to refill the whole application all over again?

Anjanirai

Feb 5, 2016
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
15-09-2017
Name of minor instead of guardian on the signing page.
If the citizenship application is returned, for the reason of minor signing his application instead of me, will I be able to just edit that portion and recalculate the physical days present OR do I have to refill the whole application all over again?

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
just change those things on the portal, dont need to do the whole application again.

Purpleyam

Star Member
May 28, 2021
It varies. Some people a week or two. Some people months. Take a look here to see others' experience.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GZjxBlTxM-FC5b0riTWQetmW0DsPX7Bgt5QQ9HTbP7I/edit?pli=1#gid=1128992897
Mostly, from what I have seen with exceptions is that these days, about a week after LPP you should get an update for your oath ceremony scheduling. Then, within that update to your oath ceremony date you should get another document with details of the ceremony. Once you finish the Oath another week or so for the actual document.

Reactions: SoHunny

ab-ee-pnp

Aug 3, 2018
Mostly, from what I have seen with exceptions is that these days, about a week after LPP you should get an update for your oath ceremony scheduling. Then, within that update to your oath ceremony date you should get another document with details of the ceremony. Once you finish the Oath another week or so for the actual document.
citizenship certificate, one week later after oath?

herrderringe

Star Member
Aug 15, 2016
Test email received - Oct 3 to 23 Window. No update in tracker yet
Test completed on Oct 18
Status updated in tracker as 'completed' - Oct 30

Language skills - in progress
Physical presence - in progress
Background completed
Citizenship test completed
Prohibitions - in progress

Mona.M

Jun 12, 2016
Update:
Citizenship Test Status update: Completed.
Everything else (except citizenship ceremony) = In progress...

Should I worry for background verification status that is still in progress?

Update:
Test Invite : October 11 (Test Window Oct 16 - Nov 5)
Test Taken: October 19
All status apart of Citizenship Ceremony is in progress.

Question: Does Background check usually change to completed before the test?

gr8man

Sep 8, 2017
Update:
Citizenship Test Status update: Completed.
Everything else (except citizenship ceremony) = In progress...

Should I worry for background verification status that is still in progress?
Not universally true. But most folks whose background is pending after test completion will get a fingerprint request. Your background will complete very soon after fingeprints, if there is no additional security screening.

Reactions: Mona.M

tariq5050

Star Member
Jun 8, 2021
Hi All, is anyone still in the background verification in progress? I did the test on OCT 6th and it was marked completed the day after. Usually people are getting finger print requests if BG takes a long time but I received none and the background is still in progress. Anyone experience the same? Is this normal?