+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Aug 30, 2023
When you login to tracker, you can see a note where they clearly mention to contact them in case you do not receive oath letter at least 6 days before the oath ceremony.
Hello All,
Update- received emails for Oath ceremony along with details for e certificate..thank you..
Just last question .. I have my minor 4 year old child, I think he do not need to attened the ceremony and also dont need to send his signed Oath ceremony form after oath,right..just doule confirming..also will put his seat number aslo in display but do I have to tell them about minor their? do we receive the e certificate for minor in the same account as mine?

liverpoolusa

Dec 9, 2018
Hello Folks

A bit of history here.

1st Round:

Type: Online
Family: Spouse and minor child
Date of Submission: Aug 14 2023
Returned on: Sep 19, 2023

Reason: Minor child ID documents were not in order. (ID1: PR card, ID2: Passport ) They had asked us to re-order and submit.

2nd Round:
Date of Submission: Sep 19 2023
Returned on: Oct 26, 2023

Reason: So damn confusing. Its below

>>>>>>>>>>>
Travel doc or passport
You uploaded a document(s) with another person’s private information.
To fix this issue

• upload a document (such as a text file) to explain why you included this person’s information, or
  • if possible, re-upload a new file without another person’s private information

1. >>>>>>>>>>>>
    This is from the Travel documents or passports section.

1. I have uploaded only the front ( Name, photo...) and back pages ( Parents details, Address ... )
  2. I have triple checked and even the online portal says I uploaded the correct passport to my spouse and child. ( Filename, view the document in the portal )
  3. Myself and my minor have only one unexpired passport and we uploaded only that document respectively. DId not mix multiple docs in one pdf.

What is this all about? What am I missing?

I called IRCC and they are asking to raise webform and submit the same document with explanation letter. I am lost. Any thoughts please?

doislan

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-02-2020
AOR Received.
12-02-2020
Med's Done....
24-02-2020
Question for folks who already got their e-certificate, how long did it take for you to be able to download it after the oath ceremony? Had mine on Oct 24, but nothing yet. Will wait until 5 business days have passed before sending a webform.

navkrish

Jun 1, 2018
Hello Folks

A bit of history here.

1st Round:

Type: Online
Family: Spouse and minor child
Date of Submission: Aug 14 2023
Returned on: Sep 19, 2023

Reason: Minor child ID documents were not in order. (ID1: PR card, ID2: Passport ) They had asked us to re-order and submit.

2nd Round:
Date of Submission: Sep 19 2023
Returned on: Oct 26, 2023

Reason: So damn confusing. Its below

>>>>>>>>>>>
Travel doc or passport
You uploaded a document(s) with another person’s private information.
To fix this issue

• upload a document (such as a text file) to explain why you included this person’s information, or
  • if possible, re-upload a new file without another person’s private information

1. >>>>>>>>>>>>
    This is from the Travel documents or passports section.

1. I have uploaded only the front ( Name, photo...) and back pages ( Parents details, Address ... )
  2. I have triple checked and even the online portal says I uploaded the correct passport to my spouse and child. ( Filename, view the document in the portal )
  3. Myself and my minor have only one unexpired passport and we uploaded only that document respectively. DId not mix multiple docs in one pdf.

What is this all about? What am I missing?

I called IRCC and they are asking to raise webform and submit the same document with explanation letter. I am lost. Any thoughts please?
Did they ask you to submit just the minor child details or even the spouse too? Make sure you scan all the pages of passport (instead of just bio page) & PR card (front & back) as per the instructions in PDF or the format they instruct. Write clearly the name of the child and the ID in the text file name. Do the same for the ID2 as well. Check your previous applications, and see what have you uploaded in those sections and also verify the name and all the details you have entered for the child in other sections... it should match to the details in the passport or PR card....then submit a explanation letter if there is a variance in information.. You could see all your information about your application in a PDF format from the original portal you submitted.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Question for folks who already got their e-certificate, how long did it take for you to be able to download it after the oath ceremony? Had mine on Oct 24, but nothing yet. Will wait until 5 business days have passed before sending a webform.
One thing you can do is call IRCC and check if they received your oath form.

Reactions: doislan

liverpoolusa

Dec 9, 2018
Did they ask you to submit just the minor child details or even the spouse too? Make sure you scan all the pages of passport (instead of just bio page) & PR card (front & back) as per the instructions in PDF or the format they instruct. Write clearly the name of the child and the ID in the text file name. Do the same for the ID2 as well. Check your previous applications, and see what have you uploaded in those sections and also verify the name and all the details you have entered for the child in other sections... it should match to the details in the passport or PR card....then submit a explanation letter if there is a variance in information.. You could see all your information about your application in a PDF format from the original portal you submitted.
Thanks for the response.

> Did they ask you to submit just the minor child details or even the spouse too?
Both. Both got the same reason for returning the application.

> Make sure you scan all the pages of passport (instead of just bio page) & PR card (front & back) as per the instructions in PDF or the format they instruct.
Just checking if you did the same too.. combining all pages of passport and PR card.

> ID names
Yes, I have the names of the document as firstname_lastname_passport.pdf and so on. Not sure made them to think its someone elses.

> Explanation letter
Yes am gonna submit that for sure.

Reactions: navkrish

CalebA

Jun 19, 2021
Type: Online application
Location/Office: Toronto/Mississauga
Physical Presence Days: 1096
Application: Single
Application sent: 14 July
AOR: 15 August
Background Check Completed: 16 September
Test Invite Letter: 28 September
Test Window: 3 October to 23 October
Test Taken: 16 October
Test Completed: In progress
Language Skills Completed: In progress
Physical Presence Completed: In progress
Prohibitions Completed: In progress
Oath Ceremony Scheduled: Not started
Update:
Test taken: 16 October
Test Completed on tracker: 17 October (actually 19 October)
Language Skills Completed: 23 October (actually 25 October)
Physical Presence Completed: 23 October (actually 25 October)
Prohibitions Completed: 23 October (actually 25 October)
Oath Ceremony Scheduled: Not started

Reactions: SoHunny

navkrish

Jun 1, 2018
Thanks for the response.

> Did they ask you to submit just the minor child details or even the spouse too?
Both. Both got the same reason for returning the application.

> Make sure you scan all the pages of passport (instead of just bio page) & PR card (front & back) as per the instructions in PDF or the format they instruct.
Just checking if you did the same too.. combining all pages of passport and PR card.

> ID names
Yes, I have the names of the document as firstname_lastname_passport.pdf and so on. Not sure made them to think its someone elses.

> Explanation letter
Yes am gonna submit that for sure.
Yes I did submit all pages of my current passport. Seen many times, people were asked to submit all pages of passport at a later time. But usually they say bio pages are enough. I submitted all pages of passport separately and Driving license (ID2) separately while filling my application online. Make sure to check your previous applications and verify all the fields in the sections. If you're submitting via webform, you could combine all of them in a single PDF including the explanation letter. Your family details should be accurate and matching across the sections. Mention clearly in the explanation letter about your findings and how you are submitting ID's again.. clearly explain another private person query.. all the best!

Last edited:

gr8man

Sep 8, 2017
Some good news. Both the applications had a Ghost update today. Don't know what changed but good to know the applications were looked at.

Processing center: Scarborough.
Last change in one application (test completed) was Aug 24th and in the other(background check complete after fingerprints) was Sept 12th. The test completion for second app was Aug 19th.

So I think it now takes 2 months after test completion at Scarborough for the application to be picked up again.

Can't wait to see what the ghost update is about in a few days. Another thing is the timing of ghost update. It wasn't at the usual 5.00 AM ET but 2 hours later.

a6prasad

May 3, 2019
Some good news. Both the applications had a Ghost update today. Don't know what changed but good to know the applications were looked at.

Last change in one application (test completed) was Aug 24th and in the other(background check complete after fingerprints) was Sept 12th. The test completion for second app was Aug 19th.

So I think it now takes 2 months after test completion at Scarborough for the application to be picked up again.

Can't wait to see what the ghost update is about in a few days. Another thing is the timing of ghost update. It wasn't at the usual 5.00 AM ET but 2 hours later.
This is good to hear, I’m also in Scarborough office with no update being shown for last 6 weeks. It’s about to start 7th week with no updates.

andreynitro

Jan 4, 2019

LOL, same happened to me! Last time my file was accessed on Aug 26th. Exactly 2 months.. my main change is that Citizenship test marked as Completed (actual completion date is Sept 6th, updated today). let's see how it would go and what's next? So Test, Background check are completed, rest is in progress (except ceremony, which is not started).

mitsalex

Star Member
Jan 19, 2021

It seems like almost everyone got a ghost update today. I don't believe this one means anything unfortunately

Waiting-18

Aug 23, 2020

Me too, I have 3 Ghost new update today. We are still in the same boat, after SEP 14 , no any change for me