+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2023 - Citizenship Applications

citapplicant

Oct 9, 2023
hello,

here is my timeline.
2 out of 3 LPP is completed. usually we see all 3 complete together...

Type: Online application
Application: Individual
Application Sent: 13th July 2023
AOR: Aug 11 2023
Background Check: Aug 29 2023
Test Invite Letter: 6th September
Test Taken: Sep 23 2023
Test Completed: Sep 27 2023
Language Skills: Completed - 18th October
Physical Presence: Completed - Pending
Prohibitions: Completed - 18th October
Ceremony: Not Started
Like you, they haven't completed one of my LPP, my prohibitions. It's really weird, cuz I went through all the 2023 applications and only 3 of them had a not matching LPP dates.

Nk_98

Oct 19, 2023
I wonder why this happening, interesting.
i called Cic same day and they said criminality and security both passed but prohibition in progress. And they sent me an email to let me know about what actually come in prohibition:
When you apply for Canadian citizenship, IRCC needs to verify if there are any reasons that could prevent you from becoming a Canadian citizen, such as:

• Criminal and/or security reasons, and
  • Your status and immigration history.

citapplicant

Oct 9, 2023
i called Cic same day and they said criminality and security both passed but prohibition in progress. And they sent me an email to let me know about what actually come in prohibition:
When you apply for Canadian citizenship, IRCC needs to verify if there are any reasons that could prevent you from becoming a Canadian citizen, such as:

• Criminal and/or security reasons, and
  • Your status and immigration history.
Hmm I see. I don't think any of the reasons they list there applies to me but we'll see. Thank you for letting me know.

Marycan

Oct 5, 2023
Hi everyone,

I received my e-certificate instruction today but I haven’t gone to a citizenship ceremony yet and it hasn’t started in my tracker too. What does this mean? Do we need to have any form ready for the citizenship ceremony?
Could you please also give me the link of forum which is related to applying for passport?

Reactions: CalebA

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi everyone,

I received my e-certificate instruction today but I haven’t gone to a citizenship ceremony yet and it hasn’t started in my tracker too. What does this mean? Do we need to have any form ready for the citizenship ceremony?
Could you please also give me the link of forum which is related to applying for passport?
After this oath should be scheduled soon.

Reactions: Marycan

tanu912

Nov 1, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
01-08-2023
AOR Received.
06-09-2023
Did you look at the date at the right top corner? There is date that your file last updated. Is it 3rd Oct or later than that? If it is later than that, they probably looked at it.
I have a question pls. My test shows as completed date 27th Sep and top right corner shows updated 29th Sep. But since then i have been waiting for LPP update, nothing as of yet. Can you help what that top right corner 29th Sep updated means? What could be the reason of being this late from mississauga office when applicants from late 20s aor from sep started getting Oaths. My aor is 6th Sep. I am wondering that my aor to test compeleted only took 21 days and since then waiting for LPP for 23 days.
Finally my LPP is all done. I was able to see it today, in tracker it's showing on 19th Oct.

Reactions: citapplicant

ks2023

Oct 21, 2023
Hi all, I got my LPP cleared today on the tracker. My timeline as follows,

Type: Online
Processing Office: West
Application: Individual with 1500+ days PP
Application Sent: 23 Jul 2023
AOR: 23 Aug 2023
Background Check Completed: 5 Sept 2023
Test Invite Letter: 18 Sept 2023 (25 Spet - 16 Oct)
Test Taken: 1 Oct 2023
Test Completed: 4 Oct 2023
Language Skills Completed: 19 Oct 2023
Physical Presence Completed: 19 Oct 2023
Prohibitions Completed: 19 Oct 2023
Ceremony: Not Started

It seems the updates always show up on the tracker in 2 days after the actual completions.

May 30, 2023
Our LPP was completed on 13th October, and it was updated on the application tracker on the 15th. Today, I see in online tracker, that we've been invited to take oath on the 2nd of November. No email invitation nor the instructions to download e-certificate email yet, but I hope we'll receive them next week.

Last edited:

ab-ee-pnp

Aug 3, 2018
Our LPP was completed on 13th October, and it was updated on the application tracker on the 15th. Today, I see in online tracker, that we've been invited to take oath on the 2nd of November. No email invitation nor the instructions to download e-certificate email yet, but I hope we'll received them next week.
congrats...which office is it?