+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2023 - Citizenship Applications

gr8man

Sep 8, 2017
Hi,

I've been invited for the test and did the test yesterday but my background has not been completed yet. Comparing to the others' timelines, I see everyones' background is completed first and then they got invited for the test, should I be worry about it or call the IRCC and ask?
Does anyone have the similar situation?
My test was also before my fp request. So my bg got cleared 3 weeks after the test

Reactions: elfei

a6prasad

May 3, 2019
Is anyone here from Scarborough visa office gotten update after "Test Completed" on portal? Its been 3 weeks since test completed showed up on my portal, no change since then. IRCC agent mentioned my application has been "parked". Anyone knows what this means?

gra_smi

Aug 2, 2023
Hi, did you see in your tracker both updates (FP request and FP received)? I got FP request two weeks ago, and submitted my FP the day after. I saw a ghost update on September 26th (5 days later FP was requested), but I do not see any new entry on my tracker..
I got my fingerprint request by email, it showed up in my tracker 2 days later. I got my fingerprint received and background complete updates at the same time, even though my fingerprints were received a week before background check was done. Some offices just updated strangely.

luispp

Sep 20, 2023
Is anyone here from Scarborough visa office gotten update after "Test Completed" on portal? Its been 3 weeks since test completed showed up on my portal, no change since then. IRCC agent mentioned my application has been "parked". Anyone knows what this means?
We are under the same ship, my test was marked as completed on Sep 11. None updates after that, but this office have to do something, if you see the spreadsheet there are 135 already for Aug (the double of July) and will be more people applying on following days, I believe that the reason is the massive draw of Feb 13th people in 2021. Those who are being processed quickly is for lack of applicant related to the lock down but those offices will be flooded soon, so Scarborough have to do something otherwise they will not even be able to process a simple tourist visa.

a6prasad

May 3, 2019
We are under the same ship, my test was marked as completed on Sep 11. None updates after that, but this office have to do something, if you see the spreadsheet there are 135 already for Aug (the double of July) and will be more people applying on following days, I believe that the reason is the massive draw of Feb 13th people in 2021. Those who are being processed quickly is for lack of applicant related to the lock down but those offices will be flooded soon, so Scarborough have to do something otherwise they will not even be able to process a simple tourist visa.

I mean this has happened before. They will not clear the backlog, but instead they will process new applications. All our applications will be stuck. Also the big draw in Feb 2021, i think not all of them would have been in Canada prior to the draw right? So for a percentage of them, they still have only 2 out of the 3 years in residency.

ab-ee-pnp

Aug 3, 2018
How is Vancouver office guys? Is it fast enough? WesternEapp? Does anybody here have any timeline for this office/

luispp

Sep 20, 2023
I mean this has happened before. They will not clear the backlog, but instead they will process new applications. All our applications will be stuck. Also the big draw in Feb 2021, i think not all of them would have been in Canada prior to the draw right? So for a percentage of them, they still have only 2 out of the 3 years in residency.
We are talking about more than 127K people, but yes, I agree, let's grab 1/3 of them discarding those that for any reason are not applying at this moment, 1/3 is 42K, and this is a lot. Let's see what happen. Btw, if I am understanding right, the approach here is FIFO? Is that an appreciation or a policy?

Last edited:

gr8man

Sep 8, 2017
We are talking about more than 127K people, but yes, I agree, let's grab 1/3 of them discarding those that for any reason are not applying at this moment, 1/3 is 42K, and this is a lot. Let's see what happen. Btw, if I am understanding right, the approach here is FIFO? Is that an appreciation or a policy?
27K and not 127K. Also statistically only 45% of PR's apply for Canadian citizenship within 10 years( note 10 years and not immediately). This percentage is falling.

So 1/3 of 27K is 9K and divide 9K over 10 years. So less than a 1000 applications. Also please note, a draw on Feb 2021 does not imply a permanent residency by a specific date or even an application for permanent residency.

We will be fine. Also on a separate topic, visa processing is being automated going forward. So this will reduce workload even further. Processing is not FIFO.

Last edited:
Reactions: luispp and SoHunny