+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2023 - Citizenship Applications

rdkbsim

Sep 14, 2023
Currently in a similar situation you were. My citizenship test was scheduled to be taken between Sep 1 to Sep 21, 2023.
Did the test on Sep 1, passed it, received an automated email immediately saying that I've completed the test, but until now my online tracker hasn't been updated yet and still shows Citizenship test as "In Progress". In fact, everything is still "In Progress" except for Background verification which is "Complete".

Anyone else in the same boat?
Yes We completed on 1Sep and no updates yet on tracker ,showing in progress...

sujogeorge2015

Star Member
Sep 15, 2018
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1110
Application: Single
Application sent: Jul 6, 2023
AOR: Jul 7th, 2023
Background verification completed: Jul 19, 2023

After the background verification, no updates, I have not received citizenship test invite yet, I feel bit worried that I have not got the invite yet, please provide your suggestions on what to do next.

gr8man

Sep 8, 2017

After the background verification, no updates, I have not received citizenship test invite yet, I feel bit worried that I have not got the invite yet, please provide your suggestions on what to do next.
Just checking. Did you get the AOR next day after submitting the application?

For your question: You could call and ask or raise a webform(this is slower). I presume your office will be Scarborough since you are in Toronto. This office is the slowest of all.

Reactions: sujogeorge2015

navkrish

Jun 1, 2018

I think it might be better to wait for an update from them. The current processing time for citizenship applications is 18 months, so you might get a generic response if you raise a webform. We know many applications are getting approved in less than 6 months. You could request gcms notes any number of times during the processing, to know the status.

navkrish

Jun 1, 2018
Hi everyone,
How long does LPP take in average to get approved after you complete your test?
No one knows...it depends on the office location and the officer working on your file... could be days, weeks or even months.. its stated on the official portal that, oath ceremony would happen with in 4 to 6 months, after you complete the test!

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-ceremony.html

Get your citizenship ceremony date
In most cases, the ceremony takes place 4 to 6 months after you pass the citizenship test.

If you passed the test and don’t receive the ceremony invitation within 6 months

• your application may be non-routine
  • we may need more information, documents, or time to review your application
If you contact us, we cannot give you more information than what’s available in your application status.

Reactions: Marycan

kris8646

Star Member
Sep 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2016
File Transfer...
aug 01
Med's Done....
passed
Currently in a similar situation you were. My citizenship test was scheduled to be taken between Sep 1 to Sep 21, 2023.
Did the test on Sep 1, passed it, received an automated email immediately saying that I've completed the test, but until now my online tracker hasn't been updated yet and still shows Citizenship test as "In Progress". In fact, everything is still "In Progress" except for Background verification which is "Complete".

Anyone else in the same boat?
Same. same test window too. gave the test on sep 2. no update on the tracker still.
when i called today morning the agent told me test is passed. he told me it will take sometimes to get an update on the tracker.
But surprisingly he said the LPP are not started. but they are in progress in the tracker.

Reactions: ecko199x

ecko199x

Apr 15, 2020
Same. same test window too. gave the test on sep 2. no update on the tracker still.
when i called today morning the agent told me test is passed. he told me it will take sometimes to get an update on the tracker.
But surprisingly he said the LPP are not started. but they are in progress in the tracker.
may i ask what time did u call them?

JanCan12345

Jan 27, 2021
I recently took the test on oct 3 and passed,But didn't recieve any email confirmation. No update on tracker either.Is it normal to not recieve the email ?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I recently took the test on oct 3 and passed,But didn't recieve any email confirmation. No update on tracker either.Is it normal to not recieve the email ?
There is no email confirmation. You have to explicitly send your test score to your email by clicking a button after the test.

Reactions: navkrish