+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2023 - Citizenship Applications

harleenkaur1218

Sep 30, 2023
Ideally you should have put the 2016 date as the starting date. That way you’re providing correct information while also covering the eligibility period.
This may or may not become an issue. To be safe, you can try sending a web form. After all it’s not really hiding anything and this way you’d come across as forthcoming.
Thanks for your response! I was thinking that I covered the 5 year period already which is the reason I only entered the details for 5 years itself. I will submit a webform explaining the same just to be safe. Thank you!

a6prasad

May 3, 2019
Its been 2 weeks since my citizenship status was updated on the tracker. When can I expect LPP to be updated and the oath invite to come? The office is unfortunately Scarborough which is pretty slow :/

navkrish

Jun 1, 2018
Its been 2 weeks since my citizenship status was updated on the tracker. When can I expect LPP to be updated and the oath invite to come? The office is unfortunately Scarborough which is pretty slow :/
Scarborough office response is unfortunately slow compared to other offices.. every application is unique and it depends on the officer reviewing on those files as a batch... I called IRCC customer care and they did say I passed my test and there is notes on my file. But my status is not updated on tracker yet.. I think they will update LPP & test status in batches... we all have to wait... meanwhile u could try calling IRCC and find out about LPP status

navkrish

Jun 1, 2018
Thanks for your response! I was thinking that I covered the 5 year period already which is the reason I only entered the details for 5 years itself. I will submit a webform explaining the same just to be safe. Thank you!
U could write a LOE in a webform.. and enter all your activities in the document (work activities)… if that activity is linked to immigration status section etc.. you could update there as well.... usually they will attach document to your file in less than a week

ab-ee-pnp

Aug 3, 2018
Yes! I read the guide twice and then worked through it three times with my partner quizzing me. I did every practice test online that I could find this week too.
So, you prepared right after sending application/AOR? You took test on the very day timeline started!

navkrish

Jun 1, 2018
So, you prepared right after sending application/AOR? You took test on the very day timeline started!
The test is not that complicated... usually there are 2 questions per each chapter in the actual test (based on discover Canada book)… try reading small chapters first and practice mock questions based on those chapters.. some times questions in actual test are slightly twisted.. but you could easily answer as multiple answer choices are easy to distinguish correct answer... History... modern canada and symbols usually take time... just follow the sequence and highlight imp points in the book.. also read the pictures too! You could easily finish the book in a day or two even leisurely

Reactions: ab-ee-pnp

ab-ee-pnp

Aug 3, 2018
The test is not that complicated... usually there are 2 questions per each chapter in the actual test (based on discover Canada book)… try reading small chapters first and practice mock questions based on those chapters.. some times questions in actual test are slightly twisted.. but you could easily answer as multiple answer choices are easy to distinguish correct answer... History... modern canada and symbols usually take time... just follow the sequence and highlight imp points in the book.. also read the pictures too! You could easily finish the book in a day or two even leisurely
thanks bud.....appreciate for the tips

Reactions: navkrish

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
Scarborough office response is unfortunately slow compared to other offices.. every application is unique and it depends on the officer reviewing on those files as a batch... I called IRCC customer care and they did say I passed my test and there is notes on my file. But my status is not updated on tracker yet.. I think they will update LPP & test status in batches... we all have to wait... meanwhile u could try calling IRCC and find out about LPP status
How long have you been waiting for test status to be updated?

navkrish

Jun 1, 2018
How long have you been waiting for test status to be updated?
I finished my test on sept 21st.. its not updated on tracker yet. However, after speaking with multiple IRCC agents, they confirmed that the test is completed.. there was notes on my file indicating the same.. along with criminality and security passed as well.. so I just need to wait.. for the officer update in batches

ab-ee-pnp

Aug 3, 2018
I finished my test on sept 21st.. its not updated on tracker yet. However, after speaking with multiple IRCC agents, they confirmed that the test is completed.. there was notes on my file that indicating the same.. along with criminality and security passed as well.. so I just need to wait.. for the officer update in batches
so, not every update and work on the file is updatedd in the tracker....it seems