+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2023 - Citizenship Applications

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Quick Question:
Today I took my citizenship test, however, Out of my stress, I did not read instructions for the photo of the ID. So the way I took the picture is - ID in the square box lines, but my face was in the background.
Also, my camera isn't great on my laptop.
Does anyone know if this could cause any problem for me?

As a side note, I cleared the test.
IRCC will contact you if there is any issue with the photo.

immi-girl

Sep 20, 2023
Hi all,
I just joined this forum.
Below are my case details
Type: Online
Place: Toronto
Applicants : 2 (me + my kid)
Application Submitted: 28th July
AOR: 30th August
Ghost update: 20th September (only on my case, no changes on my kid's tracker)

I have a question, is it normal that something has been updated on my case and nothing on my kid's case?

Debby25

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
when you receive AOR - how do you know if you can create tracker?
I mean we should try and try till tracker registration says we can register? or do we get a separate email saying we can create it?
The system seems a bit wonky lately. It took 14 days for me to be able to access the tracker after the AOR and after two of their emails. My suggestion is to try at least 72 hours after the AOR and then everyday or so

param850

Sep 13, 2023
Quick Question:
Today I took my citizenship test, however, Out of my stress, I did not read instructions for the photo of the ID. So the way I took the picture is - ID in the square box lines, but my face was in the background.
Also, my camera isn't great on my laptop.
Does anyone know if this could cause any problem for me?

As a side note, I cleared the test.
They will verify the picture and the test results manually and if they had issues, they will request you to send a photo of your ID, nothing to be concernced about and Congrats !

AnaB0612

Apr 18, 2019
Hi everyone! I’ve received a test invitation for September 1-September 21 2023 and passed the test on September 6th with 20/20 correct answers. However I’m still waiting for it’s status to change to “completed”. Should I be worried? Tomorrow is the last day I’m able to take the test. Should I retake it?

hamasi

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
Hi everyone, I checked the tracker today and it seems that I should receive an email or letter describing how to submit my fingerprint, however, I haven't received such an email or mail(as far as I know and checked). My question is , what should I expect to receive, an email or a letter or depends? Should I wait or should I do something coz I haven't received the email so far, the updat date is two days ago(Sep18th) thanks.

psmtts

Star Member
Sep 16, 2020
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
My fingerprint submission was updated in the tracker but I never received anything saying they received it.

Hi everyone, I checked the tracker today and it seems that I should receive an email or letter describing how to submit my fingerprint, however, I haven't received such an email or mail(as far as I know and checked). My question is , what should I expect to receive, an email or a letter or depends? Should I wait or should I do something coz I haven't received the email so far, the updat date is two days ago(Sep18th) thanks.

hamasi

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
My fingerprint submission was updated in the tracker but I never received anything saying they received it.
So you don't need to submit your fingerprints, I donno maybe it's random or maybe it depends on the applicants' background, but I have been asked to submit my fingerprints in order to continue the background check and citizenship process.

psmtts

Star Member
Sep 16, 2020
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Yes, I did receive a request. That why I mentioned fingerprint submission :D

So you don't need to submit your fingerprints, I donno maybe it's random or maybe it depends on the applicants' background, but I have been asked to submit my fingerprints in order to continue the background check and citizenship process.

binga777

Star Member
Jun 18, 2015
Hi all,
I just joined this forum.
Below are my case details
Type: Online
Place: Toronto
Applicants : 2 (me + my kid)
Application Submitted: 28th July
AOR: 30th August
Ghost update: 20th September (only on my case, no changes on my kid's tracker)

I have a question, is it normal that something has been updated on my case and nothing on my kid's case?
Yep Normal, Same happened with me. Most probably you will see Background updated to Completed on 22 or 23 September.

Vedant_agarwalla

Star Member
Jul 4, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2018
AOR Received.
Dec 2018
Hi,
I received background completed on sept 16, today I got the test invitation updated on my profile and also on email.
Test dates 25 sept onwards.
I did not get any fingerprint request.
Is that standard or random? Does everyone get it?

Reactions: dzadi