+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2023 - Citizenship Applications

gr8man

Sep 8, 2017
H1B is not a immigration status. Just a Visa.
While you are technically correct about H1b not being immigration status, the IRCC application guide mentions:
  • Tell us which countries you have held status in, and exactly what status you held or currently hold (student, employment/worker, visitor, refugee/protected person, permanent resident or citizen).
Above is Question 13 from:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html#Step4

Since H1B would be a worker visa, I think it needs to be mentioned. This was my understanding and hence I did mention both H1B and F1 on my application.

dnell

Jun 23, 2017
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1349
Application: Family (2 Adults)
Application sent: 2023-JULY-28
Delivered: 2023-JULY-28

ITGuy4mDelhi

Apr 19, 2020
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1103
Application: Group (Self, Spouse and Kid)
Application sent: 2023-JULY-20
Delivered: 2023-JULY-20
AOR: Waiting

andreynitro

Jan 4, 2019
While you are technically correct about H1b not being immigration status, the IRCC application guide mentions:
  • Tell us which countries you have held status in, and exactly what status you held or currently hold (student, employment/worker, visitor, refugee/protected person, permanent resident or citizen).
Above is Question 13 from:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html#Step4

Since H1B would be a worker visa, I think it needs to be mentioned. This was my understanding and hence I did mention both H1B and F1 on my application.
For time frame did you mention visa validity dates (valid from - valid to)?

gr8man

Sep 8, 2017
Thanks but what to do in case of multiple visits? Just like as you said first entry date and last exist date without details in between?
Like someone mentioned in the other thread where you asked, this question is about holding an immigration or citizenship status. So even though I left in between, in my case I still held that status which only became invalid sometime after I left the US. So my best judgement was start and end date. You may choose otherwise for your application and break up your stay if it makes you feel better about submitting your application. It can't hurt to be more detailed.

Debby25

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
Type: Online
Physical Presence days: 1098 - 1100 (spouse)
Application: group (2 adults)
Application sent: July 30, 2023
AOR: waiting

andreynitro

Jan 4, 2019
Like someone mentioned in the other thread where you asked, this question is about holding an immigration or citizenship status. So even though I left in between, in my case I still held that status which only became invalid sometime after I left the US. So my best judgement was start and end date. You may choose otherwise for your application and break up your stay if it makes you feel better about submitting your application. It can't hurt to be more detailed.
Yeah I see. I think I will maintain as visa dates as per best of my knowledge as some of them are not available because we don’t have our old passports.

Sunshinestate

Aug 1, 2023
Hi everyone! I am new here, so I am not familiar with how they process citizenship applications as to does the office that handles applications depends on where you live or can your file be sent anywhere not dependent on your location? For example if you apply from Edmonton could your application be sent to an office in Eastern Canada or it is by default handled in the west? Thank you!