+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2022 Visitor Visa Applications

shankarbala

Oct 28, 2021
Any idea what series of VV is getting approved? We are still waiting for my spouse’s VV on new portal.
Application Submission - July 25th
Biometrics Submission - July 29th
No review of eligibility
Still is submitted status
No PPR yet.
I don't think it is possible to track the progress based on series numbers. There are many other factors and are random.

You can see that I applied on Aug 3rd and got it yesterday (for my 3 year old child) this was the second application. The old one was almost 16 months old on the GC key portal.

But on average 4 to 5 months is the maximum timeline I feel.

Reactions: Ysiraj32

abab2022

Aug 18, 2022
Any idea what series of VV is getting approved? We are still waiting for my spouse’s VV on new portal.
No review of eligibility
No PPR yet.
Have you also applied for spouse sponsorship ?

GM94

Aug 15, 2022
Hi all,

I tried Canadian credit card to pay for courier service. I got this message at the end :

"Payment Gateway confirmation is pending from the bank. Please check your account for deduction of amount after 2 hours else make a new webform request.XXXXXX"

XXXXXX is a 6-digit number. Not sure what that number means. Is this message expected? I called the credit card company and they are not seeing anything on their end.

Thank you in advance.
It did not work for me so used Indian card and it worked right away.

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
It did not work for me so used Indian card and it worked right away.
Canada credit card works for some people and it doesn't work for others. Not sure why that is. VFS customer service is useless, which isn't surprising.

LM22

Oct 8, 2022
New Portal
TRV
July 5: Submitted
July 12: Biometrics Completed
From then its shows review of eligibility and background check under processing.

yeskayk

Star Member
May 4, 2017
DUBAI
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-09-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
12-11-2019
Hi All,
Applied for my mothers visit visa ( single parent ) on the 22nd of July using a representative.

Current status of my moms application :
Eligibility : Your application is in process. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Biometrics : She already has it (Previously application rejected in 2019)
Background : We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

What should I be looking forward to on the eligibility and background section ?
Is it normal to have this status as its been 2 weeks since we summitted the application ?

Thanks in advance.
I usually check-in with my representative on the status and when I did on the 7th of Oct, the eligibility now reads - " We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements".
I am not sure when exactly the status changed but happy that there is some movement.

Super stressed but hoping it is for the positive this time.

Ysiraj32

Aug 19, 2018
I usually check-in with my representative on the status and when I did on the 7th of Oct, the eligibility now reads - " We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements".
I am not sure when exactly the status changed but happy that there is some movement.

Super stressed but hoping it is for the positive this time.
That is a standard update. You can check processing times based on the country where you applied from to know the standard processing days which is also an average as people even cross that.

Last edited:
Reactions: yeskayk

Vayen.

Star Member
Oct 11, 2022
When you make an application using a paid representative in Canada, whose timelines should be followed, my country's or do they have their own timelines?.

tankala13

Feb 22, 2012
No review of eligibility
No PPR yet.
I applied July 25 for my mom. Under Review from Aug 7 I guess. Still no update. See all dates around July 25 getting updates.

yeskayk

Star Member
May 4, 2017
DUBAI
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-09-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
12-11-2019
When you make an application using a paid representative in Canada, whose timelines should be followed, my country's or do they have their own timelines?.
Your countries.