+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2022 Visitor Visa Applications

AbanoubW.

Sep 21, 2022
Did you receive the Biometric Validity Letter then? The decision would soon follow within 24-96 hours. Or did your biometric just get updated on the portal?
No i did not receive a validity Letter just a status update on the portal it has been a week since the update and no decision yet has been made is this normal?

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hi all,

My mother had applied for TRV on July 24. She just got an email for PPR yesterday (October 3). Country : India.

I am trying to figure out how to schedule 2 way courier service, but not finding proper information on the VFS website. Can someone who had done it please help?

Thank you in advance.

sny.sng

Star Member
Mar 17, 2021
Hi guys,

applied visitor visa for MOM - 30th July 2022
Biometrics with previous application- already in the account
BVL and PPR - 04th October 2022

scheduled walk-in appointment with VFS for tomorrow.

My brother will submit the passport on my mom's behalf. we filled out the consent form available to download on vfs website. is there any other step we need to follow? Please let me know. Thank you!!

shankarbala

Oct 28, 2021
Hi,

Are you going to do a walk-in appointment to submit passport or do the courier service? My mother got PPR for her TRV application which was submitted on July 24.
Walk in is a waste of time...they will anyways make you pay for passport return via courier. At least this was my experience in Bangalore

Reactions: krishere1982

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Walk in is a waste of time...they will anyways make you pay for passport return via courier. At least this was my experience in Bangalore
I thought they allowed for passport pickup by walk-in without any appointment.

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hi all,

I tried Canadian credit card to pay for courier service. I got this message at the end :

"Payment Gateway confirmation is pending from the bank. Please check your account for deduction of amount after 2 hours else make a new webform request.XXXXXX"

XXXXXX is a 6-digit number. Not sure what that number means. Is this message expected? I called the credit card company and they are not seeing anything on their end.

Thank you in advance.

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Has anyone had the experience of sending a family member instead of the applicant to submit the passport for PPR?

On https://visa.vfsglobal.com/ind/en/can/apply-visa, the following paragraph is present :

2.Through an authorized representative – You'll have to send in your original passport, along with the pre-printed passport request letter and a duly filled VFS Global Consent Form for the authorized representative, to the Visa Application Centre. To submit your passport at the Visa Application Centre, you'll have to pay a service charge for Package Transmission.

- The 'pre-printed passport request letter' is the PPR letter that IRCC sends us in the email, which we have to print and take with us?

- As it the same location where the biometrics was done and this is the first time passport and docs would be submitted for PPR. We don't have to pay the service charge for Package Transmission right?

- It is better for the authorized representative to carry a government issued ID like Aadhar card with them, right?

Can someone please tell me if my understanding is correct?

Thank you in advance.

PavanJagdheesh

Oct 25, 2018
Any idea what series of VV is getting approved? We are still waiting for my spouse’s VV on new portal.
Application Submission - July 25th
Biometrics Submission - July 29th
No review of eligibility
Still is submitted status
No PPR yet.